[Other] Name of God -with- Vocals/Chorus

R.Smith 06-08-2005 03:14 AM
Some have attempted to make this, few have come even close to sounding good. Roll Eyes

I have done what others could only dream of doing. Cool

I have made........... Name of God, with fully intact vocals! Shocked

This took 6 1/2+ hours to complete (needless to say, I will have the music stuck in my head for days). *phew*

I hope you all enjoy it! Big Grin

-Name of God, with vocals-

Please do not distribute as your own work, I will personally kill you. Wink
Avenir 06-08-2005 03:27 AM
Well, as you've already heard me comment (I was the guinea pig on call), the music and vocals coordinate without flaw. Outstanding work, man. Smile

And no problem on the hosting; it is an honor. Big Grin
X Prime 06-08-2005 04:15 AM
320 kbps. Good.

Very nice.
Generalissimo D 06-08-2005 08:51 AM
This is...superb...dammit. Why didnt I have this a while back? I could have played it when they elected the Pope! Roll Eyes

Very, very nice work David. It seems audio works are beginning to catch on...
Travis Bickle 06-08-2005 09:29 AM
Really, really good. Just one minor thing:

In the ID3 tag of the file, you put the musician that actually wrote the piece (which, to my knowledge, is Toshihiko Sahashi?) as the artist and, to give your self credit, you want to put, in parenthesis, either "Mixed by R. Smith" or "Edited by R.Smith".

Other than that, everything seems fine.

BTW, where did you get the vocals from?
lighty 06-08-2005 10:38 AM
Oh my god, I've been wanting this for so long! Now I finally get to hear it again and again! Thank you for this superb work!
R.Smith 06-08-2005 11:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough

In the ID3 tag of the file, you put the musician that actually wrote the piece (which, to my knowledge, is Toshihiko Sahashi?) as the artist and, to give your self credit, you want to put, in parenthesis, either "Mixed by R. Smith" or "Edited by R.Smith".

Ok, sure I'll change that and send the file back to Avenir to upload. (If you'll forgive me, I was just a tad tired and just wanted to get that done) Smile

I got the vocals from Acts 26, and 23. Wink

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this. Big Grin

In truth, this is as close as I could get it to being as long as the musical one, but I'm sure a few hours, and who knows? Wink
Zola 06-08-2005 11:54 AM
Nicely done, R. Smith Smile
BethMcBeth 06-08-2005 12:39 PM
Wow! Awesome job! You sure put a lot of hard work into it! Coolness!

-Beth
evanASF27 06-08-2005 03:30 PM
Damn good. Pleased Not perfect (that little bit at the end there), but really damn good nonetheless!!!
Travis Bickle 06-08-2005 04:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:

Ok, sure I'll change that and send the file back to Avenir to upload. (If you'll forgive me, I was just a tad tired and just wanted to get that done) Smile

In truth, this is as close as I could get it to being as long as the musical one, but I'm sure a few hours, and who knows? Wink

Tis ok. I just wanted to point it out, because when I had my PureVolume account for mixes I made back in the day, I made the same mistake and got yelled at by the admins of the website for not doing it properly.

And what program did you use to extract the vocals, may I ask? I'm very curious, since every once in a while I use a "track exctraction" program to seperate certain parts of the song (yay piracy).
R.Smith 06-08-2005 04:41 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:

Tis ok. I just wanted to point it out, because when I had my PureVolume account for mixes I made back in the day, I made the same mistake and got yelled at by the admins of the website for not doing it properly.

And what program did you use to extract the vocals, may I ask? I'm very curious, since every once in a while I use a "track exctraction" program to seperate certain parts of the song (yay piracy).

I use "Goldwave" to extract the audio, but "Cool Edit Pro2.0" to do all the work. The reason I use two different programs is because, Goldwave doesn't have trouble with various video types, while Cool does. And I'm more comfortable using Cool to do the work.
BabyGhia 06-08-2005 06:10 PM
Great job there, R.Smith! Wow! I'm impressed.

I heard the tiny imperfection that Evan noticed but I probably only heard it because he mentioned it. Although don't ask anyone about that because they'd tell you I'm picky and notice everything. Sweatdrop

BabyGhia
R.Smith 06-08-2005 06:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Damn good. Pleased Not perfect (that little bit at the end there), but really damn good nonetheless!!!

Thanks Evan Smile

I really couldn't do anything about the rumbling sound at the end, but I think it's fine, sorta sounds like a big build up ending thing, or something.

Besides, that's the only near complete ending without much noise, I could find out of all 26 acts.

And, once again, thank you for all the kind replies, I'm glad 6 1/2+ hours didn't go to waste. Smile
Dork 06-08-2005 07:21 PM
I love you THIS much.

No. more. Much much more. But that's just the largest type set I could get on the forums.

It's a beautiful job. It sounds wonderful. It's making me want to cry. I love 'Name of God' with vocals, I never thought I'd be able to hear it on it's own. ::hugs::

muchlove
-Dork
Mr. Fortnight 06-08-2005 07:54 PM
Wow.

Now that was a good job on that. A minute thirty of BIG O goodness.

Thank you. ^_^
Delirious 06-08-2005 08:14 PM
Sweeeeeeet! WTG and thank you, R.Smith. Just beautiful Pleased
Mugiwara Luffy 06-08-2005 08:16 PM
We have heard the Name of God, and that name is R.Smith.

Bloody brilliant job.
Ace378 06-08-2005 09:57 PM
Nice job on the audio mixing here. Pretty creative pulling from more than one episode; i can see where this could have taken a while to complete. Nonetheless great work! Thumbs Up
Asirt 06-08-2005 10:38 PM
I've just downloaded and listened to this song a few minutes ago. Overall you did a very nice job on mixing the audio, R.Smith. It sounds like it could be used in an actual episode. Very impressive indeed. Big Grin