Gorillaz

Zopwx2 06-06-2005 01:45 AM
The Gorillaz: An animated musical project started by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett.

Over 50 musicians have contributed, but they always use 4 fictional cartoon characters to represent the band.

I liked a few of the singles I heard off of the first Gorillaz album: Clint Eastwood, 19-2000, etc

....and I've been listening to their new album Demon Days, and it's certainly worth checking out. Especially since I needed a tiny dose of hip hop in my music nowadays.

Feel Good Inc. Video
The Big Finale 06-06-2005 02:30 AM
Zopwx2 officially = the awesome for making a thread about the Gorillaz. 2-D, Murdoc, Russel, and Noodle rule, even if they don't really exist.

I seem to have slacked off in my awareness of the band; didn't even know they had a new album out. I'll have to pick it up sometime.

Wonder how work on the movie is progressing. I certainly hope it hasn't been canceled outright; that'd be absolutely pathetic.
Travis Bickle 06-06-2005 07:53 AM
Hell yes!

Damon Albarn owns your soul!

Seriously, I've been listening to Blur for a damn long time, and their easily one of the greatest British bands out there.

And Demon Days kicks ass. I too picked it up (and I've also had the first album). Good stuff.
Volt 06-06-2005 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Over 50 musicians have contributed

O_O
Whoa.

I love some of these guys' stuff... Clint Eastwood, Tomorrow Comes Today (I don't think that's actually what it was called...), Feel Good Inc., etc. The self-titled was pretty sweet, so it's about time they came out with a new one. The self-titled was like, 5 years ago? Talk about a gap... But yeah, good stuff.

Edit: Bleh. I was wrong. It is called Tomorrow Comes Today. I suck at this.
Buck Buck #1 06-06-2005 12:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough
Hell yes!

Damon Albarn owns your soul!

Seriously, I've been listening to Blur for a damn long time, and their easily one of the greatest British bands out there.

And Demon Days kicks ass. I too picked it up (and I've also had the first album). Good stuff.

I saw Blur last time they were in Atlanta, they were great. A few of my friends got some stuff signed by the gorillaz, i'm kinda dissapointed that I missed them. I have the self titled, and i've been meaning to get Demon Days.
Mugiwara Luffy 06-06-2005 02:18 PM
I liked their first CD when it came out. I heard Feel Good Inc. on the iPod commercial and when I heard it was the Gorillaz, I was really surprised. I might have to pick up Demon Days....
Captain Maw 06-06-2005 04:00 PM
i like their videos. i heard somewhere that Gorillaz is mainly one guy, so that's why they are animated such, but if so, who does that low voice?
Volt 06-06-2005 04:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
i like their videos. i heard somewhere that Gorillaz is mainly one guy, so that's why they are animated such, but if so, who does that low voice?

I'm pretty sure that's not true at all.
Travis Bickle 06-06-2005 04:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
quote:

K...

The only really permenant members of (the) Gorillaz are Jamie Hewlett (doing his animation thing) and Damon Albarn (running the show musically), and during the first album, they enlisted the help of Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (DA LYNCH MOB!), Miho Hatori and an assload of other people. That changed for the second album, and the (majority of) people that were on the two albums were replaced by others on the tour.
Volt 06-06-2005 09:18 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

K...

The only really permenant members of (the) Gorillaz are Jamie Hewlett (doing his animation thing) and Damon Albarn (running the show musically), and during the first album, they enlisted the help of Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (DA LYNCH MOB!), Miho Hatori and an assload of other people. That changed for the second album, and the (majority of) people that were on the two albums were replaced by others on the tour.

Heh. Learn something new everyday.
Sephiroth 06-06-2005 10:14 PM
I have actually just started to like Gorillaz, so its funny that this thread appears now. The first song of theirs that I actually heard was Feel Good INC (which is awesome by the way), and I have since been obssesed with this band (ask Avenir). I checked out several of their other songs, and I quite like 19/2000, Clint Eastwood, and Tommorow Comes Today. I really need to pick up Demon Days, but my mother has gone a wierd anti-buying things craze, and I will probably have to what a month or so until I get it.
dawnstrider 06-08-2005 06:20 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

K...

Eh...too bad Del and Dan are no longer a part of it - they were the main reasons that I perked interest in the Gorrilaz in the first place....

*shrugs* Oh well, guess it wouldn't hurt to give this new creation a listen the next time I'm in FYI or something.
Generalissimo D 10-25-2005 04:51 PM
For anyone who still gives a damn about the Gorillaz, I bring awesome news.
They have made a new music video that has been released today. And it is of my second favorite song, Dirty Harry.

THE NEW VIDEO!

Everyone rejoice!

COWBOYGARY wants to watch the video!
Zopwx2 10-25-2005 06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
They have made a new music video that has been released today. And it is of my second favorite song, Dirty Harry.

THE NEW VIDEO!

Everyone rejoice!

Password?
Generalissimo D 10-25-2005 06:12 PM
quote:
quote:

THE NEW VIDEO!

Everyone rejoice!

Password?

Hint hint.
C.R Foxhound 10-26-2005 03:34 PM
THe Gorillaz are basically the official band of all my buddies at school, EVERYONE likes them, its crazy, but that aside, its really good MUSIC, i cant really describe thier music, but its damn good stuff
Zopwx2 10-26-2005 04:16 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

THE NEW VIDEO!

Everyone rejoice!

Password?

Hint hint.

It didn't work when I asked. But it does now.

I like this video and song better than the others.
Generalissimo D 10-26-2005 04:55 PM
GO C.R. FOXHOUND!

Gorrilaz have their own special sound that just seems to rock the f*** out.

quote:
I like this video and song better than the others.

Yeah. This was a good video. I like it better than any of the others at least. And the video for Rock the House was just...wrong.
dtk91 10-26-2005 10:24 PM
I love the Blur!!! I also love the Gorillaz and bought Demon days a few weeks ago, and I am really impressed! I love the song Dare, Feel Good Inc., and Also Track 4 but im running a blank on the name. Confused
Neko 12-15-2005 01:16 AM
Whoa, I didn't know they were going to make a music video for Dirty Harry. Guess I'm kind of behind. I want them to make a music video for "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead." Happy

quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
And the video for Rock the House was just...wrong.

Yeah, Murdoc was kind of ... interesting in that. XD

quote:
Originally posted by dtk91
Track 4 but im running a blank on the name

O Green World?