[Other] Act 27 (Kinda) Video Fan Work

Planetkiller 05-27-2005 05:04 AM
This came about when about a week ago I decided to learn how to use Windows Movie Maker and a few other programs properly. I thought, why not make something interesting while you learn? So I did. I made A Clockwork Tomato's excellent Season 3 fanfic into a full length video.

Now, it's obviously not all full motion video; I can't draw brilliantly, and it would take me years to animate alone, so much of it is screencaps from the original. There is also music, some generic video (like when entering Big O, for example) and sound effects. Voicework is done (poorly) by me.

It's not without problems: There are parts where sound is partially misaligned, and there are inevitably lots of continuity errors (with people wearing the wrong clothing etc.). Most importantly, my voice is fairly monotonous, so that might be a little offputting. All that said though, please stick with it, I'd appriciate comments, and hopefully you will enjoy it.

A Clockwork Tomato: I'm afraid I didn't ask your permission before making this, so if you want it taken down, just say the word. I also used a few of your manips in the video. I really hope that you don't mind.

The original text can be found here: Act 27: Life Goes On

And the video itself is HERE

PK
Generalissimo D 05-27-2005 09:44 AM
DUDE. YOU SO ROCK. You also sound a lot like Daniel Handler....

It was a good reading. The tone and music blended well. I'm sure ACT would be proud. The animation was a bit good for what it is...but it would be better off as just a high quality reading.
BethMcBeth 05-27-2005 12:29 PM
Wow! You did a awesome job and my god your voice sounds exactly like Norman! Thats so cool! I loved how you made a ACT 27 using ACT's story its great.

If you ever need different or more voice actors pm us (Tony, Beth, Lizard, anyone else wants too but I can't speak for them..) ^_^" We would love to do that! Or help in any other way possibel!

Still amazing my hats off to you!

-Beth
Zopwx2 05-27-2005 04:46 PM
quote:
“Because once a human has tasted android love, there’s no going back.”

Anyway great job on the reading. I though the accent worked really well.

Not to mention the great work finding the right music, sound effects, and screen caps.
Planetkiller 05-27-2005 06:44 PM
Thanks Smile

I'm considering doing more of these, after my exams in about a month. I can just about manage Act 28, though the shooting range scene and the megadeus battle probably would look dodgey. Mainly because there's no source material for things like Big B. I could probably work around it though, maybe for Act 29 to. At Dori, Dorothy though, things become more complicated, do to the new characters and varied situations. It's possible I could do that, but it becomes progressively more difficult from that point.

If you can do better voices than I can, I'm sure it would sound much better, and for Act 28 we could have a proper cast. The other thing that would be useful would be some generic images of Big B (weapon raised, cannon out, defending itself etc.), Tony, Dori, enemy megadeuses and the like. With those, things would be much easier. If there's enough interest though, I'll do Act 28 (and maybe 29) without any of these, if neccessary.
Generalissimo D 05-27-2005 06:51 PM
The animatic format suits it, but better if you just did a reading instead. I'll lend a voice if you wish. It would leave something to the animation..though I havent read any of ACT's Season 3 because of strange distractions that arise, so I must only take a guess that the description suffices.

Pm me if you'ld like a sample of my voice. and get ready for a bizzare distorted slur.

PS:I no longer have the slur!
Shaoblane 05-27-2005 08:00 PM
Tongue Silly! Well, go on with the next episodes!

(Yes, and like Beth said, we can do voices. I once had Invisible hand say I could do a good Dorothy when I put some effort into it. Now as soon as I get a mic...)
lighty 05-28-2005 12:54 PM
Most of the screens and music part are excellent, but I do think that you need several voice actors. It's quite silly how you mimic Dorothy and Angel's voice. Tongue
Planetkiller 05-28-2005 01:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by lighty
Most of the screens and music part are excellent, but I do think that you need several voice actors. It's quite silly how you mimic Dorothy and Angel's voice. Tongue

Well duh Smile
Generalissimo D 05-28-2005 02:21 PM
I recorded some voice samples the other night. Not a full taste of all my voice capabilities, but they should do.

First Sample

Second Sample
Planetkiller 05-31-2005 03:09 PM
That's a fair range there Smile

Anyone that wants to put up a sample, feel free. We can decide collectively who'd be best for what, that's probably fairest.
6 moon dance 06-01-2005 09:29 PM
Finally got around to watching your video. Wow, it was great! I liked your reading too. You are a pretty good actor.
I never ceased to be amazed by the creativity and talent of the PC forum members.
Mrs. Beck 07-01-2005 05:22 AM
That was awsome! Wonderful work, kudos to you!
I'd be willing to help in any way that I could, if you'd like I could put up a few voice samples, each one being my closest imitation of certain characters. It would be awsome if you continued with this!!! Also, if there's any other help you'd need besides voice actors, I could see if I could help with it.
Planetkiller 07-02-2005 07:52 AM
I can now start work on Act 28, so unless you guys want me to do all the voices again, we'll need to make some decisions as to who's going to play who.

If someone could draw up a couple of pictures of the shooting range scene and the megadeus battle, that would also be much appriciated. If noone can though, I'll find a way to work round this.
lighty 07-02-2005 08:19 AM
How long do you expect you can finish this? I can't wait!
R.Smith 07-02-2005 08:19 AM
I some how missed this when it was first posted! Shocked

I must say, you did a fantastic job with the music, and the screens. Big Grin

Good to hear you can start work on Act 28. Cool
Planetkiller 07-02-2005 08:50 AM
The first one took me slightly under a week. This one will take longer though, I suspect.
Mrs. Beck 07-02-2005 10:39 AM
*thinks for a moment* I could try to help with the megadeus fighting scene!! Just pm me what you'd like to do for it - acctually draw it out (though then it wouldn't blend in, 'cuz even though I can draw pretty well with a pencil and paper, it's not the exact same style. Plus, it wouldn't look as official) or edit screenshots or whatever!
Planetkiller 07-02-2005 12:14 PM
Ideally I could do with a picture of the enemy megadeus' pilot in his cockpit, with the wire all attached, a picture of the megadeus defending itself, one of it attacking, and one of it in 'fusion cannon mode'

Act 28

It's all there. If you feel you could help out with any of that, it would be great. Ideally they would be heavily modified images from the series, but it may be too difficult to do that, so drawn from scratch would be fine too Smile

Anyhow, if this is too much of a problem, I'll find a way around it, but I don't know how good it will look.
Mrs. Beck 07-02-2005 02:36 PM
^_^ I'll have to read Act 28, it's the only one of the 'Season Three' I didn't read, so I'll read it first.
I'm not super good at modifieing images, so what I'll do is I'll first try to do that, and if I just can't then I'll draw the images.

You'll have to be patient, though, I'm sorta busy but I'll try super-hard to get this done in the next week. ^_^