Howard Dean says...

Aircraftkiller 05-22-2005 10:56 PM
Osama had nothing to do with September 11th, 2001.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7924139/

quote:
I said I wasn't sure, but I said I thought there probably were. But the thing that really bothered me the most, which the 9-11 Commission said also wasn't true, is the insinuation that the president continues to make to this day that Osama bin Laden had something to do with supporting terrorists that attacked the United States. That is false.

I wonder how well this guy would have fared against the President had Kerry not taken the nomination...
Ace of Spades 05-22-2005 10:58 PM
Howard Dean says a lot of stuff.
TanookiJoe 05-22-2005 11:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades
Howard Dean says a lot of stuff.

Pretty much.
Sharpshooter005 05-23-2005 01:00 AM
He also says YEEEEAAAAAAGGGHHH!

(How am I the first one to make that joke, anyway.)

edit: I was going to make an even worse joke involving an ant and a shotgun in reply to the "how well would he have done in the presidential campaign" comment. But when I typed ant into google, one of the images was a gif of a lethargic looking ant in a hardhat operating a jackhammer. This kind of frightened me, so I backed away from that idea.
X Prime 05-23-2005 01:41 AM
And this leads to the question:

How is this guy the Democratic Party chairman again?

And people WONDER why Bush is in the White House...
Captain Maw 05-23-2005 02:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
He also says YEEEEAAAAAAGGGHHH!

(How am I the first one to make that joke, anyway.)

edit: I was going to make an even worse joke involving an ant and a shotgun in reply to the "how well would he have done in the presidential campaign" comment. But when I typed ant into google, one of the images was a gif of a lethargic looking ant in a hardhat operating a jackhammer. This kind of frightened me, so I backed away from that idea.

OMG! i was gonna say that the minute i saw the words "Howard" and "Dean" put together. that ruined him. "and we're gonna go to washington! and we're gonna go to the white house! YEEEEEEEAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Sharpshooter005 05-23-2005 02:34 PM
AND OREGON, AND MICHIGAN. AND IF WE HAVE TIME, WE'LL GET A QUICK LUNCH SOMEWHERE AROUND OHIO.

quote:
How is this guy the Democratic Party chairman again?

They kind of needed/wanted someone dynamic, who seemed to have a clear agenda. He fit the bill (if this is a good or bad thing, only time will tell.).
Dude Love 05-23-2005 05:49 PM
As with every major event in history, there are always those that deny it happened as reported. The most obvious example are Holocaust deniers.

I think it's safe to say that Howard Dean is the first, public citizen with some sort of power, to be a 9-11 Denier (as to how the attacks occurred).

EDIT: Now, I've read nothing, but perhaps he meant Saddam Hussein (at which point he's beating a dead horse).

EDIT 2: Seems I'm right. Mr. Bush isn't the only one who mixes them up:

quote:
DR. DEAN: I said I wasn't sure, but I said I thought there probably were. But the thing that really bothered me the most, which the 9-11 Commission said also wasn't true, is the insinuation that the president continues to make to this day that Osama bin Laden had something to do with supporting terrorists that attacked the United States. That is false. The 9-11 Commission, chaired by a Republican, said it was false. Is it wrong to send people to war without telling them the truth. And the truth was Osama bin Laden was a very bad person who was doing terrible things, but that Iraq was never a threat to the United States. That was the truth. It was underlined by the 9-11 Commission, headed, again, by a Republican, a well-respected group of people. I don't think you send American men and women to war, first of all without properly equipping them, and secondly without telling the truth to their parents about why it is we're asking them to make that sacrifice. So those are the kinds of things that I think are very bad about the Republicans.
Gummibear 05-23-2005 07:24 PM
The one good thing you could say about Howard Dean is that you could pretty much always count on him for a laugh.

He seems like one of those super-hyperactive guys that just gets on a roll and doesn't stop. He wants to convey a message but doesn't always think before he opens his ( lets face it) huge mouth.
Mike 05-23-2005 07:28 PM
Oh...if he meant Saddam but just got confused that's OK I suppose. Yay for taking one sentence out of context.

I actually liked Dean before. The scream showed the little guy had tons of enthusiasm. Too bad everyone tore him apart.
Big Money 05-23-2005 10:45 PM
I like Dean. He seems like the kind of guy that might try and fight you though... Bad PR.

The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that I agree with Wienberg... people mess up all the time. Its just more funny when they're famous.