Episode 2 Discussion: "Redeye Reprisal"

Vicious 05-24-2005 02:32 AM
This is a great show. It's really good to see Steve Blum and all those Big O people getting to work on anime toghether. It's a shame that there are only 26 episodes in the entire series. I can almost guarantee that we'll have a sad, or vague ending.
Gummibear 05-24-2005 08:10 AM
This was actually the first episode episode for me since I missed the pilot episode last week. I really enjoyed it. About the hip-hop opening I'd have to agree it doesn't draw me in as much as "Tank" does, and it diffenately isn't as catchy but it does capture the edginess of the series quite well. Overall an excellent show, although I thought the ending of the episode was a little predictable. I had already been able to guess what would happen since Fuu's encounter with the Ogre. But overall the action was very well done. I was a little surprised that the assasin made that little homosexual remark to Jin because I had never seen it before on any of the other animes on Adult Swim.
Pygmalion 05-24-2005 11:09 PM
I wonder what the assassin would have done if Jin had accepted his invitation? Perhaps he too had a dose of mushroom and a bottle of sake.

Pygmalion
Mr. Fortnight 05-27-2005 08:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vicious
This is a great show. It's really good to see Steve Blum and all those Big O people getting to work on anime toghether. It's a shame that there are only 26 episodes in the entire series. I can almost guarantee that we'll have a sad, or vague ending.

That's not always true. Read or Die TV had 26 episodes, and it had pretty much a happy ending with quite a tieing together of the story.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Regarding Red Eye Reprisal as a whole...

This is quite an unique show. The style is rather sharp, but the Hip-Hop soundtrack actually sucks you out of the show a bit. But the show as a whole is rather an interesting watch. I bet even odds though that alot was either digitally edited or cut out.