The Official Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Thread

Ace of Spades 05-18-2005 10:15 PM
This demented Graphic Novel from the mind of Jhonen Vasquez was the first comic series that Assassinated my Sanity. What is more horrifying than a guy killing people he doesn't like and feeding their blood to a wall? Johnny has grown on me the past few years as a representation of what it means to be alienated by society and all it stands for got a comment drop it by here.
Travis Bickle 05-18-2005 11:02 PM
Y'know, I never read any of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac or ever saw Invader Zim, but I did indeed meet Jhonen Vasquez (not knowing it was him). He was at a Mindless Self Indulgence concert that I went to, wearing a kick ass trenchcoat, and I commented on the opening band to him. My friends later told me that it was indeed Jhonen Vasquez.
TanookiJoe 05-19-2005 10:41 AM
My girlfriend worships Jhonen Vasquez. Personally, I think Invader Zim is hilarious but I've never read any of the comics.
Xel 05-19-2005 06:15 PM
Aw, heeeeeeell yeah. 'Bout damn time someone made this thread. :B

Now, since this thread exists, understand that I'm now obligated to pimp the Best JtHM Fanfic Ever: Vargas.

And that roxxors my boxxors, Cerpin. And I highly recommend you check out JtHM, Squee, and I Feel Sick. They are obscenely hilarious. You'll pee fire!
Sephiroth 05-19-2005 06:28 PM
Well, I am a huge fan of all Jhonen Vasquez's work (hence the whole, Jhonen Vasquez thread that few people posted in). I started to like his work when I saw Zim. About a year later I picked up JTHM and Squee.

JTHM is undoubtedly the better of the two, though Squee is a bit more comedic. I liked the darker mood and tone of JTHM. My favorite issue was the one where Johnny went to Heaven and Hell. The representation of the afterlife was brilliant. I especially liked the scene in which the nun blows the heads off of everyone in heaven. Easily the greatest scene in any work ever created by man. Also, as a side note, I'm going to use Johnny's last Die-ary entry (the one on the final page of the Director's Cut) as my yearbook quote. Yes, I am a little bit fanatical.

Good news by the way, Jhonen is doing a new comic series, though it has nothing to do with JTHM or Squee unfortunatly. He hasn't said what its about either.

Funfact: If you haven't already noticed it, in Invader Zim's halloween special, Johnny makes a cameo appearance as one of the nightmare creatures. You can see the outline of his head amongst a group of monsters, though I have forgotten exactly when he appears.
Xel 05-19-2005 06:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Also, as a side note, I'm going to use Johnny's last Die-ary entry (the one on the final page of the Director's Cut) as my yearbook quote. Yes, I am a little bit fanatical.

Hahahaha. I used a Happy Noodle Boy quote in my yearbook entry.
Ace of Spades 05-19-2005 09:11 PM
From the web.

BethMcBeth 05-19-2005 10:04 PM
Hhaha I have read a few of the comics from a friend I think it is funny and I also did like Invader Zim especially Grr ^_^"

-Beth
Travis Bickle 05-19-2005 10:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
And that roxxors my boxxors, Cerpin. And I highly recommend you check out JtHM, Squee, and I Feel Sick. They are obscenely hilarious. You'll pee fire!

OUCH!

But yeah, seriously. He seems to frequent MSI concerts (he's supposedly on tour with them backstage), and is making their new video for them. Kick ass. I like his animation style.
The Big Finale 05-20-2005 01:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
Now, since this thread exists, understand that I'm now obligated to pimp the Best JtHM Fanfic Ever: Vargas.

Having read the whole thing through, I feel like my brain was just poked with a fork attached to a live wire. Thank you ever so much, Xel.

I enjoyed JtHM, but what I really liked was I Feel Sick. Seeing Devi go through the same thing that Johnny must've was engaging to say the least. Plus, who can deny the awesomeness of Tenna and Mr. Spooky?
Ace of Spades 05-20-2005 08:36 AM
The Doughboys were pretty cool too.
Sephiroth 05-20-2005 06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:
Originally posted by Xel

Having read the whole thing through, I feel like my brain was just poked with a fork attached to a live wire. Thank you ever so much, Xel.

I enjoyed JtHM, but what I really liked was I Feel Sick. Seeing Devi go through the same thing that Johnny must've was engaging to say the least. Plus, who can deny the awesomeness of Tenna and Mr. Spooky?

Speaking of Tenna and Mr.Spooky:

Also, I am very frightened by the apparent lack of Happy Noodle Boy in this thread. How can you have a thread about JTHM, without the Happy Noodle Boy! Do but it in his words:

Well, I've done my civic duty and added the wonders of HNB to this thread.
M.S. Feather 05-21-2005 05:26 AM
I first heard of JTHM when an online friend of mine recommended it to me, knowing my love and admiration of graphic violence.
After reading more about it on various sites I finally decided to buy the Director’s Cut. And I loved it!
Now I’m a huge fan of Mr. Vasquez and his wicked sense of humor.

Random favorite moment…
Monk 05-21-2005 05:49 PM
It gives a New meaning to the Word "HOMICDAL"