The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess

Patsai 05-17-2005 07:49 PM
A new trailer has been released for this game. The graphics are just dazzling to see in motion and the new gameplay seems very intriguing, but overall the classic feel of an epic journey as a Adult Link has finally returned!

http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/
Dingo 05-17-2005 07:57 PM
Ohhhh nice, and it seems like people will actually talk instead of the random noises made like in the previous games.
Mugiwara Luffy 05-17-2005 08:54 PM
Another awesome trailer that makes me all giddy!

Link turned into a wolf! I can't believe I was right!
Mike 05-17-2005 08:56 PM
That trailer was....

I mean....

wow.

I liked Wind Waker but this seems so awesome as to drive you insane because nobody will believe you when you tell them how awesome it was.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 05-19-2005 01:14 AM
This new Zelda game and Killer 7 are the two games I'm most looking forward to.
I just read EGM's article on the new Zelda.

Edit: OK got the trailor to work, and all I can say is
Shocked WHOA! Looks AWESOME!
AndroidZeroX 05-19-2005 06:11 AM
I dont think i like the wolf idea, but i know so little about it still that i cant judge it on just that. Cant wait to see more!
X Prime 05-19-2005 11:53 AM
BethMcBeth 05-19-2005 03:47 PM
Wow the graphics are amazing on that!! I love it! especially how good it looks when he rides Epona! YAYAYA!!! ^_^" I also think the wolf kid of thing is pretty neat too.

ARGHHHH!!! NO NO!! YOUR NOT SUSPOSE TO MOUNT FROM THE REAR OF THE HORSE!!!!!! Geez..... Roll Eyes Dead Oh well it still looks fun...Sweatdrop

-Beth
Jeff 05-19-2005 05:06 PM
According to Nintendo they're trying their hardest to make this the best Zelda game ever created....*drools*

I can't wait...
TanookiJoe 05-22-2005 11:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff
According to Nintendo they're trying their hardest to make this the best Zelda game ever created....*drools*

I can't wait...

Why don't they do that with every Zelda game? Tongue

Now, the only relevent question: who do I have to kill to get this game?
Generalissimo D 05-22-2005 01:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TanookiJoe
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff

I can't wait...

Why don't they do that with every Zelda game? Tongue

Now, the only relevent question: who do I have to kill to get this game?

*posts a picture of all of Sony's employee's, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs*
There is your target. Anime Smile

Can anyone say "This game is Pure Pwnage "?

Edit:
OMG my 600th post.

Thats 66 less than pure evil!!11one

Only 900 more to go!
Patsai 12-23-2005 09:06 AM
Recent Twilight Princess News:
http://www.gamesradar.com/news/defa...bsectionid=2504

So it seems that although The Twilight Princess is still generally a Gamecube title, if inserted into a Revolution, you can use the controller's capabilities to play it. Viva la backwards compatibility.
Travis Bickle 02-20-2006 05:52 PM
It got delayed until the fall. LOL
Jstar136 02-20-2006 06:12 PM
No problem.

If they're upping the quality or finishing up by removing bugs and glitches, then there's no need to complain.

It's not like I'll die if I don't get a Zelda high in the next couple of months...
Randolph 02-20-2006 06:35 PM
It's been my feeling that Zelda's lost a bit of its real shine over the past few games. I don't say this because they've become slightly kiddy,
more over a vague loss of content. They just didn't seem as deep or appealing.

This looks like it could solve that problem by givings us a rich, meaty,
week-long Hyrulean rumble, the likes of which we have not seen since
Ocarina of Time. A real adventure that shapes plot and builds character,
not just an offhand side-quest.

I look forward to its release, whenever that may be.
May we be blessed with a masterpiece.
Mugiwara Luffy 02-20-2006 07:16 PM
I'll say this now. Ocarina of Time was good. But not every freakin' Zelda game needs to be exactly like it.

Wind Waker's my favorite. Majora's Mask second. Then Ocarina. And that's not even taking into account the GameBoy games.
Randolph 02-20-2006 07:27 PM
I apologize if what appeals to me does not do so for you, Sanji.
I am merely saying that the latter games from OOT did not
share the same taking-itself-seriously approach, and thus held little
interest for me.

It is one thing to actually want to make a game that defines the series,
and establishes important aspects of character and setting.
It is another to make a game that fits into that setting, but does
nothing to build upon it, other than minor side-stories.

I prefer the former, although I can understand not everyone agrees.

Again, apologies.
Mugiwara Luffy 02-20-2006 08:31 PM
And I'm just saying that I don't think Ocarina DID define what Zelda is about. OOT has a fairly unoriginal plot, if you think about it. It's the typical bad guy takes over, kid grows up and is destined to defeat him and save the princess. Hell, they even have the archetypal sword in the stone.

Now think about nearly all the other Zelda games. Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap, A Link to the Past. All completely original plotlines in my opinion, yet the gameplay is completely solid. I have never played a disappointing Zelda game.

Every game has a different setting and every game has a different Link. I don't know if the same Link has ever been used in two games. That's because he is "the hero of time". He's basically a generic hero who continues to show up in different times and places.

The Zelda games aren't about what OOT "established". They're about creating a completely separate world from our own with characters that interact with each other.
Randolph 02-20-2006 08:34 PM
Point taken.
I stand corrected.
Generalissimo D 02-20-2006 08:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
It got delayed until the fall. LOL

F*ck.