Devil May Cry 4 Teaser

X Prime 05-16-2005 10:23 PM
*Drops to knees in shock* Thank you Capcom! And don't pull a DMC2 on us!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/devilmaycry4/media.html
David Ryder 12-28-2005 04:26 AM
I most certainly hope hope they keep the awesome vocal tracks. Also PLEASE capcom make it long, no more "beat it in 5 hours" crap, more types of enemys, and please make it a challenge.
Sharpshooter005 12-28-2005 07:16 AM
Heres something which may be completely common knowledge, but I didnt know until recently.

Devil May Cry is apparently an offshoot of an early build for RE4 that was scrapped.

edit: Did it get better after 2? Somehow that one just couldn't hold my interest.
David Ryder 12-28-2005 07:42 AM
quote:
Did it get better after 2?

Much better. DMC3 was bad ass. made several improvements on fighting system, rockin vocal music tracks, and it's actually somewhat challenging(rudra and agni are rough).

quote:
Somehow that one just couldn't hold my interest.

likewise. infact among the DMC fans it commonly agreed that dante is DMC2 is actually someone named Enzo. I think even capcom has hinted at that as well. But no doubt about it Lucia was pretty hot IMO.
088nd 12-28-2005 11:08 AM
I recently bought 1 and 2. I'm stuck on a part on 1, so unless I figure it out, I'm going to be missing DMC4.
StevieV019 12-28-2005 02:47 PM
quote:
Devil May Cry is apparently an offshoot of an early build for RE4 that was scrapped.

Yeah, I was aware of that...basically, there was a code error where if you shot a zombie, it would bounce into the air. Capcom couldnt solve the problem during early development of RE4, but it became the inspiration behind Dante's infamous juggle killings in DMC.

I still havent played DMC 2, need to, then of course pick up 3 and beat that. I heard 3 was awesome...better than DMC which I loved...
Sharpshooter005 12-29-2005 12:47 AM
quote:
there was a code error where if you shot a zombie, it would bounce into the air. Capcom couldnt solve the problem during early development of RE4, but it became the inspiration behind Dante's infamous juggle killings in DMC.

This, I was not aware of.

All I remember from DMC1 was how utterly INSANE it became at the end. Like for no reason you're shooting from the back of a biplane thats crashing through walls or something.
StevieV019 12-30-2005 07:34 AM
quote:
All I remember from DMC1 was how utterly INSANE it became at the end. Like for no reason you're shooting from the back of a biplane thats crashing through walls or something.

Exactly...sounds pretty kick ass, eh??