Captain Maw 05-25-2005 06:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
This is a tad frightening though....

Seem familiar anyone? Shocked

...No.

hahahahahah... i don't care if they copied this or that, how does it run? is it just as crappy as the first PS2's (esp. first generation)?
088nd 05-26-2005 07:05 PM
None of the next gen systems have fully working models yet. The game trailers and movies featured at E3 run off of computers similar to the working specs of what the systems will have, but not fully.
NormanBurg 05-26-2005 10:36 PM
It'll probably be super expensive though, at E3 the X-play hosts guesstimated the cost to be at least $500. Maybe once it's launched I'll pick up a PS2 since it should be dirt cheap.
Volt 05-26-2005 10:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NormanBurg
It'll probably be super expensive though, at E3 the X-play hosts guesstimated the cost to be at least $500. Maybe once it's launched I'll pick up a PS2 since it should be dirt cheap.

quote:

the X-play hosts

quote:

guesstimated

Nuff said.
Patsai 05-26-2005 10:50 PM
quote:
quote:
the X-play hosts

quote:

guesstimated

Nuff said.

True, although than again, you can't really put down a price on a system that supposedly "not a game machine."
NormanBurg 05-26-2005 10:54 PM
quote:
quote:

the X-play hosts

quote:

guesstimated

Nuff said.

Hey, I'd only buy the PS2 to play a couple platformers, RPGs, and Katamari Damacy. I work hard for my money and it would just be easier to get the old system than having to wait in line for something I don't really want that badly. There were also a lot of complaints about first generation PS2s and PSPs so I would be a bit apprehensive to buy a system from Sony. Not many games look that interesting, to me at least, for the PS3. I don't really care much about owning a blueray DVD player either so that aspect of the machine is pretty much a moot point for me, too. the other main grab of the system is that the graphics will look amazing, and I dont really care much about graphics in a game. I like good gameplay and an intersting story with good characters. I'm sure the PS3 will have those, but observing PS and PS2's large library of games, a majority of it doesn't even interest me.
Volt 05-26-2005 11:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
quote:
quote:
the X-play hosts

quote:

guesstimated

Nuff said.

True, although than again, you can't really put down a price on a system that supposedly "not a game machine."

Heh, I though that comment was sort of stupid. He sort of made it sound like games wouldn't be made for it. I'ms ure otakus had heart attacks aroud the world.
Zopwx2 05-27-2005 12:14 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
This is a tad frightening though....

Seem familiar anyone? Shocked

...No.

Yeah I don't see it.
Patsai 05-27-2005 08:06 AM
quote:
Heh, I though that comment was sort of stupid. He sort of made it sound like games wouldn't be made for it. I'ms ure otakus had heart attacks aroud the world.

As long as I get my Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid 4, I'm totally fine with whatever comment he makes about his system, although I was a bit annoyed that he called the XBOX 360 "XBOX 1.5" and totally ignored the Revolution like it didn't exist.
X Prime 05-27-2005 08:37 AM
Rumors are circulating that Sony is willing to take a loss on the system to sell the PS3 at the same launch price PS2 had.
088nd 05-27-2005 01:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Rumors are circulating that Sony is willing to take a loss on the system to sell the PS3 at the same launch price PS2 had.

Good. That makes it easier for me to buy.
Nine Kuze 03-15-2006 12:42 PM
* another old thread bits the dust *

quote:
But still, I'm getting it. Games will be expensive for the next gen systems! $70 bucks a game is reported by EGM...

Screw that.

Anyway, there's some news that Sony will be pushing back the release of the system from this spring to this fall, in November.
Peace.
X Prime 03-15-2006 04:03 PM
Look.

Games are actually CHEAPER nowadays.

Yes, that's right.

You're all forgetting a little something called inflation.
Patsai 03-15-2006 05:00 PM
So...will it be the REV + DS combo or the PS3 + PSP combo?
David Ryder 03-15-2006 05:00 PM
Looks nice and I plan of getting a PS3, and I could care less if the game are "OMFG $60!!!!".
Sharpshooter005 03-15-2006 05:10 PM
They'e going to be selling the ps3 at a loss, they sort of have to due to manufacturing costs versus what people will pay. The best they can hope is that eventually licensing fees/game sales make up for it.

I'm basically sold on this, just waiting for a final price. And not what an internet rumor says the price will be.

Same with the games. Until I see an actual press release, from a developer..yeah.

quote:
The new controller is absolutely terrible.

I could swear they've said it's not the final one.

Besides, it's not like I've actually used the thing, so I'm not going to speculate if its good or bad. And if its horrible, I'm sure someone will make a different one. Hell they do that as it is.

quote:
at least hold its own with Microsoft now.

It looks like they're hanging back and watching what went wrong with the 360 launch, then trying to not repeat that.

Such as the harddrive thing, apparently all games are developed under the assumption one will be there, and it might ship with one initially.
Mike 03-15-2006 05:29 PM
Inflation or not, $60-$70 is still more than $40-$50.

I don't predict good things for the PS3...the whole Blu-Ray thing seems to be more trouble than its worth. I recall the PS2's launch being really similar to the 360's, they weren't able to make enough and prices on ebay went through the roof. Hopefully they won't do THAT again. Or they will do it again to drive up awareness.
X Prime 03-15-2006 05:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Inflation or not, $60-$70 is still more than $40-$50.

I don't predict good things for the PS3...the whole Blu-Ray thing seems to be more trouble than its worth. I recall the PS2's launch being really similar to the 360's, they weren't able to make enough and prices on ebay went through the roof. Hopefully they won't do THAT again. Or they will do it again to drive up awareness.

You don't get it.

If you adjust the prices of ten years ago to account for today's currency inflation, you'd find that, surprise, games back then would actually be MORE EXPENSIVE than games are today. A 60 dollar game in 1995 would be around 74 bucks today. That's inflation for you. You could buy things with less money back then.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
Generalissimo D 03-15-2006 06:03 PM
It's still more than I'm willing to fork over.
Patsai 03-15-2006 06:10 PM
Speaking of Sony, anybody here about the recent add-ons for the PSP? It's actually making me drool a bit.