Big O Project: Project will continue

Ace378 05-08-2005 02:19 PM
Ok then, If your just entering this thread for the first time it is about a project to animate an episode of Big O. The name of the episode is "Walking Together Down The Yellow Brick Road".

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
Generalissimo D 05-08-2005 02:28 PM
I'll gladly help with storyboards and organization and such if no one else will. I will also help in deciding how to draw stuff if you get painters block. Only use me if you cant find anyone else.
evanASF27 05-08-2005 02:51 PM
If you need help with picturing the angles of shots or anything like visualizing what goes on, I'm you man Wink (If I can figure out MFL battles, I can figure out anything, lol)

I'm also very very good when it comes to background music as well as dubbing. I've done quite a few music videos and I've done two redubs going on a third of episodes from a children's TV series (yah yah doesn't sound impressive, but I can show you what I've done and you'd have to admit I've done good work).
BethMcBeth 05-08-2005 03:38 PM
I would love to help in any way possible! I can help draw anything or if you need them painted what ever I would love to help, just tell what where and whatever needs to be done I would love to help! ^_^" PM also if needs be!
My ideal goal in life is to become an animator ever since I was little and I still do so I would love to learn what I can!

-Beth
Ace378 05-10-2005 12:48 AM
There may not be all that many benifits but here are some i can think of:
1. You get to be one of the first to see each section of the completed episode. (because the episode will most likely be split into 4 or 5 sections)
2. You get to have your name in the credits.
3. You get a say so in the way the episode will look.
4. You get to help with different aspects of the production of the episode.( storyboards, artwork, *possible* voicing).

Not many but thats all i can think of for now. So if your interested then feel free to join by making a post in this thread.

thanks for your time,
Ace378
R.Smith 05-10-2005 01:13 AM
I can get you clips of the episodes, as well as any music you need.

I'm also good with timing. Big Grin

Um...don't know flash that well, but I could learn if that's something you'd need.
Nightingale 05-10-2005 04:20 AM
I would like to contribute if possible Smile
I'm an illustration student (4th year), so I can help out with any drawing needs.
Classes are almost out for me (2 weeks left!), so I can dedicate some time to this.
I love and adore animation (I was originally a 2D major), so this really interests me and sounds like a lot of fun Big Grin
Ace378 05-11-2005 04:34 PM
good lookin team so far. More are always welcome of course. Anyways here is the update: Enlight of the news that the forums will be down this weekend i have decided that the dates to join the team will be extended to next wednesday; however, i will not postpone the start date for the project. As such the project will begin on sunday officially. On Monday i will make a new post to mark the occasion of the start of the project.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
Tony Waynewrong 05-11-2005 05:06 PM
Wow, you guys are going for it, eh? Best of luck!

By the way, I will give any assistance I can give. I am not an artist, however I am a decent writer (at least that's what I have been told). Also, Beth and I have some tools that may help (Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshot CS2,...).

Good luck!!!
Ace378 05-16-2005 08:14 PM
Alright the project has officially begun! First thing to do is to get some storyboards done. I have broken this down into two phases. the first phase deals with storyboards that in turn deal with location( ie who is where in the room). The second phase storyboards will deal with emotion and who is feeling what at the time. I may need to break the storyboards into more phases later but for now it is at two.

Tony--
if you would be so kind as to look over the actual episode text to make sure everything seems smooth. Because you are a writer i entrust this task to you so if you think something in the text needs to be changed then please feel free to change it. However i would expect that there not be so many changes as to change the meaning of anything.

Nightingale & R.Smith--
Due to Nightingale's experience as an illustration student i would like you to work on the phase two stroyboards containing emotion. In case you get stuck im sure R.Smith can help you find pictures of character's emotion from different episodes.

BethMcBeth, evanASF27, & D-Boy--
Because BethMcBeth can draw and evanASF27 can pinpoint where the characters are this is a good team to do the phase 1 storyboards. D-Boy if you wish you may join this team.

Ill be monitoring the groups and helping wherever i can. There is no rush at the moment so lets just try to move at a nice past. Ill find a place to host any storyboards that come up. If you have any questions, comments, or any finished storyboards (^^) you can post them here or pm me. As to the number of storyboards that i leave to the independant groups but if you need to know an exact number im sure we could figure it out.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
R.Smith 05-16-2005 08:50 PM
Good groupings Ace! Cool

I'm ready to go whenever the rest of the team is! Big Grin
BethMcBeth 05-17-2005 12:11 AM
Oh wow!! Yayya!! I am so excited thank you so very much! I am ready and will do wahtever it takes! ^_^" I can't wait to work on things! Thanks you so much!!

-Beth
evanASF27 05-17-2005 12:19 AM
This is gonna be awesome Cool

However, I can't really do any work on the Big O Project this week (and maybe the following week either) due to increased homework for reviewing and a thesis that I'm working on for english Frown

In my spare time (which isn't saying much) I'll try to take a look at the raio play script and try to get some ideas of where people are...but I can't do anything major until this heavy load of school work passes.

I appologize...but it cannot be helped.
Ace378 05-17-2005 02:32 AM
I understand that we all have our own lives. And this goes to all of the people on the production team: You should never feel bad about not being able to help. I myself have a full load of classes for this summer and a maxamized load for next fall's semmester as much as i wish i could just stay at home and animate it just can't happen.

Anyways there is no rush as i have said but according to my estimations just to animate the episode (which does not include stuff like the storyboards and lip synchro) if i animate with the time work ratio that i did for the introduction the time to finish is about 8 months or 6 months given that i will learn to animate better and thus be able to animate faster.

Because evan will be unable to work much i will be helping group one (BethMcBeth, evanASF27, & D-Boy) for now. Group 2 (Nightingale & R.Smith): should any problems arise please post them here or pm me about them. Also i forgot to mention that if you think your talent would be better spent in another group or if you don't think your doing enough in your group please feel free to multigroup or change groups (please notify me with a post or pm though so i can make sure no group is left with to little people).

Since this thread is for the Big O Project both groups will be posting their storyboards here. As such we will all be able to see and critique each groups storyboards upon completion. (on a side note i would like that all production team members try to make sure and visit this thread at least once bi-daily, even if you cannot work on anything within the thread you should know what is going on. Of course this is not an obligation or anything it will just help things run more smooth)
We will have this episode animated yet!

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
Mugiwara Luffy 05-17-2005 05:51 PM
Ace, I think this is going to make you a legend at PCF.

I look forward to the storyboards, and the finished project later down the road of course!
Ace378 05-17-2005 06:48 PM
Alright lets start then on the phase one storyboards:

Storyboard#1
I think the episode should open with an overview of paradigm while roger is talking. Just some buildings and stuff so no need to draw this storyboard unless you want to.

Storyboard#2
Then we break into the piano room with roger entering the door from the left supposedly. However we can have him enter from the right as we have seen him do before. After that him and dorothy start talking. Dorothy is always in the same place while roger paces around the room. (you need not draw this storyboard either because dorothy and roger are in the same places as the picture below)

Storyboard#3
Then Norman enters from the from the same door roger did. Dorothy in the same place roger is somewhere in the room (you can choose where he is) and norman moves only slightly from the door (enough to close the door).

Storyboard#4
Some talk, then Dastun enters. Roger is some place (you can decide where or leave him in his last place) dorothy by the piano norman and dastun next to each other by the door.

Storyboard#5
After a little talking roger and norman exit the room. Leaving just dastun and dorothy in their places: Dastun by the door and Dorothy by the piano. They keep on talking until dastun overhears roger and norman.

Storyboard#6
Then we can have Dastun motion torward the door as if to open and leave. Roger enters the room and is next to dastun. Dorothy is in the same place, roger is on one side of the door dastun on the other.

Storyboard#7
They keep on talking in the same positions (roger and dastun by the door and dorothy by the piano) untill Roger says that he can't let dastun leave his home with a troubled face. After this is when i want dastun to head to to a chair and table for the upcoming drinks and talk. Not sure if roger should move with him.

Storyboard#8
After a little talk norman enters. they talk a little then norman leaves. some more talk then norman enters again. (All of this in one storyboard because it is just a repeat; he enters and leaves but he always goes to the same position when he enters.)

Storyboard#9
Roger goes to Norman to get the drinks

Storyboard#10
Roger then goes back to pour dastun his drink.

Ok so far ten storyboards and im on page 14 of 34. This should be good for now. Beth its up to you now to draw these ten storyboards. You can get as detailed or un-detailed as you would like (Phase one storyboards are only position so we only need some kind of marker to represent the characters, the marker could even be stick figure if you so choose). The picture below is only a refrence. when you are drawing the storyboards i would like if you try to imagine different angles in the room. Note that if you change the angle you should have some kind of marker (like the door or the piano) so that we don't get lost.

I will try to find more pictures of different angles in the room. R.Smith i could use your help with this task (finding different angles of the piano room). If you get stuck then please feel free to ask for help thats what the production team is here for. ^^

Here is the picture i found of the room
BethMcBeth 05-17-2005 07:14 PM
No problem! ^_^" I will get working on it right now! Thanks so much! ^_^"

-Beth
evanASF27 05-17-2005 07:47 PM
There is an incredibly detailed layout of the set that comes with the CD Wink

**WARNING:: LARGE PICTURE!!**
The Radio Play set

I'll be basing my actions and camera angles from primarily these two pages from the CD booklet Wink
Ace378 05-17-2005 08:35 PM
i didn't know there was such a detailed map of the room. As such we now have a choice of whether to make everybody come and go through the same door or if we should have the characters comming through different doors as they do in the original i will leave that decision up to group one as they are in charge of positioning.
BethMcBeth 05-18-2005 10:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
There is an incredibly detailed layout of the set that comes with the CD Wink

**WARNING:: LARGE PICTURE!!**
The Radio Play set

I'll be basing my actions and camera angles from primarily these two pages from the CD booklet Wink

Wow! Thats amzing Evan! I will do my best to use those a the best refrances for the storyboards also, where on earth did you get the official cd if you have it that is? Thats really cool! Thank you so much for posting this!

-Beth