Big O Project: Project will continue

evanASF27 08-06-2005 04:08 PM
I think A would be a good choice...it won't be easy, but then again doing this isn't easy at all Tongue lol

Anyways, I'm sorry Ace, I've fallen behind on my part of the project Frown I've been way too preoccupied with other things (colleges, megadeuses, planning vists for said colleges) and I'm still a long ways behind. I'll try to set aside some time for it either tonight or tomorrow so that I can at least get something up in the thread.
Nightingale 08-10-2005 03:34 AM
Oopsie! I lost track of this for a bit! I'd be more than happy to work on some more assignments.
As for your question: You want the animation to look like the series, right? Is your question saying that our storyboards should look like the cartoons? Because they're basically just sketches/rough drafts that don't really determine what the final design should be. I can try to do it their way, but if anything, I have more influence from the comics (because I can't stand those black, beady eyes everyone has in the show ^^Wink .

This is your project, so it's your desicion, I think I'm just a little confused ^^; If there is anything else I can do, let me know!
Ace378 08-10-2005 06:47 PM
Great to hear you are willing to help some more with the project Nightingale. As for your confusion the question i was asking does not pertain to the storyboards but to the actual final design of the characters. As you said the storyboards are more or less sketches and rough drafts. I was asking whether the characters in the final design should look more like they do in the animated series (A) or if they should have a bit of our own flavor added to them (B). On a side note the storyboards i have recieved are all great and im afraid going into too much detail in the storyboards might not be a useful spending of time. As i see it now there is no reason to change the way the storyboards look.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378

P.S.
I realize it is summer and more than not people will be out and doing what they like. As such it is totally understandable that one or more members may have lost track with the project. Basically the way i see it is that we should kind of just "play it by ear". I would hope that when the school semester begins we can pick up a less random and hectic schedule and then be able to work more on the project.
R.Smith 08-11-2005 07:51 PM
Hey Ace, here is the updated flashback scene.

Big Grin
Ace378 08-12-2005 06:58 PM
Great job, and thanks again!
Ace378 08-30-2005 01:07 AM
dun dun dun........Well then i suppose it is time to pick up where we left off. I know i have my schedule ready but am just starting to get the hang of it so maybe we won't start just yet. However, I will say that by the middle of the month, if not sooner, we should be in full production again. If this is going to be a problem for you, as a member of the production team, please say so because i don't intend to waste anymore time than i already have. There is still so much work to be done (not including animation) that there really is no chance of completing this by Christmas or new years (although I am adequately certain that there will be a sneak peak of the episode done somewhere during winter; and perhaps a teasing peak at the animation coming soon!). Err I guess all members should for now just get a good sense of your free time and plan a bit of that for this project. More to come soon!

Ace378
Ace378 09-13-2005 10:30 PM
(wow a triple post has got to be bad luck or something! or maybe im talking to myself? anyways....)

Ok everyone its time to start back where we left off. At this time I need all members of the production team to check into this thread and leave a reply saying whether or not you will continue to work on the project. If there is no reply I will assume that you no longer wish to be on the production team.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
R.Smith 09-13-2005 11:06 PM
I'll definitely keep working on this project! Thumbs Up
BethMcBeth 09-14-2005 10:56 PM
I will contuine to work on this project! ^_^"" I know it is taking me a while to get the rest of the story boards up, but I have been going through heck and back. But I will get them up and keep up with this project I am hoping that once I am better and back to having access of those drawing supplies I will be able to finish the story boards and whatever other sketches are needed. I am so sorry for the delay you are welcomed to PM and I'll give you all of the details. LOL Alrighty so I shall post the sketches as soon as I get back home and am well enough to do so.

-Beth
evanASF27 09-16-2005 11:17 PM
I have no idea if I'll be staying on. Mark me down as a "maybe". I don't have too much homework, so maybe I'll be able to get something done before the work gets heavy. I want to help...but my ability to do so is bothering me Oh Well
Nightingale 09-19-2005 09:54 PM
Sorry I'm late again! I always forget to check in here, and yesterday it wouldn't load right, let alone let me log in x.x;

I'm not really that busy that I couldn't do a few more storyboards or something about the same size of workload Smile

I have info in my profile, but I'm gonna put it in here just in case, since this forum seems to be the only place of contact, I want to put some outside contact:

RedxDestiny@hotmail.com

AIM: SailormoonReborn
Ace378 09-27-2005 12:19 PM
To the Production Team,
Ok then its time to move on. As for the storyboards, I will be sure to make note of what we need to complete and post who is doing what some time in the near future. College has been quite hectic but I will try to work on this as much as possible.
Klrrjess 10-17-2005 01:14 PM
This is such an awesome idea! I have no artistic talent whatsoever, but I am a pretty prolific writer, I'd be glad to help if I can. Otherwise, i sure hope everyone can get together and make this happen! It's wonderful!!! Thanks!
Ace378 10-20-2005 09:59 PM
Im am glad you like the idea klrrjess! Although the project has begun its not as though the production team is packed with that many people Crying . That being said im sure there is room on the team should you want to join. If you do wish to join the team please pm me and i will give you your first assignment Smile . Thanks for the interest and encouragement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Also at this time I would like to Introduce a new member of the production team: Lost_Cyborg. She is another artist who will be helping out with the drawing. Once again welcome to the team Lost_Cyborg.

Ace378
Lost_Cyborg 10-22-2005 01:34 PM
Thank you! Pleased I'm very happy to be part of this!
I thought I'd just list the tools I have and can use to help:

Photoshop 5.5 (Saddly my PC crashes sometimes but hopefully I'll be getting a new, better PC to cope with it), (I use vectors now to, which are good for well defined outlines, *points to siggy* that's an early image I did with vectors, I'm getting better now.)

Wacom tablet

Scanner

Mechanical pencil (Got some more lead now, w00t!)

Rotering/ drawing pens

Rubber! *cheers*

Paper *cheers again*

Access to the PC 24/7 ('sept sleepy time)

Acess to internet 8:00am - 11:00pm GMT

Pastels

Water colours

(more if I think of it)
Ace378 10-28-2005 12:07 PM
Alrighty then, the time has come once again to hit this project with a dose of good old fashioned work. Lets see then:

Nightingale: Working on an assignment dealing with the start of the episode.

BethMcBeth: Working on assigned Storyboards? (its been a while so I am sure you must be close to finishing soon).

P.D.Q. Beck: Assignment was to finish the rest of the storyboards for group 1 (been a while as well lol. Lets see if you can finish group 1's storyboards description in two weeks ok?).

R.Smith: Since you completed your last assignment I have a new one for you. Your new assignment, should you choose to accept it, and because i know you have skill in this area, is to clip some audio from the series. I am in the process of making a pseudo intro clip (for the most part not for the viewing pleasure of people outside of the production team) and i need an audio clip of roger saying his normal starting statements : " My name is roger smith. I perform a much needed job here in this city of amnesia...". Try and see if you can get the clip to have the least amount of background noise as possible. (I have been looking at the episodes but usually when roger is saying this line there is some kind of noise(s) in the background). Should you not choose to accept this assignment i will see what other assignment there is.

Lost_Cyborg: Working on an assignment dealing with the start of the episode as well (with pretty great results too ^^).

Well that should take care of everyone. If you have any questions about your assignments or about the project in general then please feel free to contact me! I will be (as I said above) working on a pseudo intro to the episode (this will be to work out some errors that could come up while animating). After the pseudo intro i will then start working on the real introduction to the episode. As of now the plan is to have the introduction done by Christmas or new years (this may change though so don't expect it too much). Depending on when i am able to finish the introduction there will be a *teaser* trailer for the new episode released for everyone to see soon thereafter. Depending on how soon we finish the storyboards as a whole there may also be (only for the production team) a sneak peak of the episode done in storyboard animation. So lets see if we can't add some more work to this project then, shall we. Cool

Thanks for your time and your work,
Ace378
R.Smith 10-28-2005 07:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
R.Smith: Since you completed your last assignment I have a new one for you. Your new assignment, should you choose to accept it, and because i know you have skill in this area, is to clip some audio from the series. I am in the process of making a pseudo intro clip (for the most part not for the viewing pleasure of people outside of the production team) and i need an audio clip of roger saying his normal starting statements : " My name is roger smith. I perform a much needed job here in this city of amnesia...". Try and see if you can get the clip to have the least amount of background noise as possible. (I have been looking at the episodes but usually when roger is saying this line there is some kind of noise(s) in the background). Should you not choose to accept this assignment i will see what other assignment there is.

Ok, can do, and I'll see about that background noise. Wink Any other audio clips you need, I can get you too. Big Grin
Lost_Cyborg 11-03-2005 01:02 PM
Okay, I've got anouther image, but I've looked and looked at it and don't think it'll be any use.
But if it is, I can make it clearer for you.

Ace378 11-21-2005 06:11 PM
Alrighty,
Its just about to be thanksgiving and after thanksgiving its only a couple of weeks till christmas and new years. Of course there is still a no deadline policy in play but we must move on at some point. I believe i have heard from three members (lost_Cyborg, R.Smith, and nightngale) that they are working on completeing their respective portion of the project. However I have yet to hear from some of the other members as to how their portion of the project is going. So sometime within the next two weeks I would like all of the members to check in and see how their part of the project is comming along.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
R.Smith 11-23-2005 10:58 PM
Well Ace, I've been working on getting that background music out of Roger's intro, but I'm not pleased with the results.

I think that if I can't get it satisfactory, I will do as you suggested, and leave the music in, since it does set the mood.