Big O Project: Project will continue

evanASF27 06-07-2005 09:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
Sure thing evan. I was unable to complete the rest of the storyboards for your group due to my classes so i geuss you can finish the rest. I left off at the end of page 20 so you can start the storyboards from page 21. Coincidentally the next storyboard should be numbered 21; just kinda stay within the format i layed out i suppose. Don't forget group 1 is simply location so stuff like talking and emotions don't really apply but you may have to kind of have a feel for what the characters are doing and feeling. so then good luck and please contact me if you have any problems.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378

So you want camera angles and positions of characters (only) ?

Gotcha. I'll see if I can start on it tomorrow. Smile (since tonight I'm trying to catch up in the MFL)
Ace378 06-13-2005 02:17 PM
Alrighty everyone another week down and i ts time to see where we stand. So far a couple of storyboards from group 1 and a couple from group two have been completed. Thats great! I want to check in with everybody since i have only heard from a few members through pm. Please just kind of check in and tell me or post here about how things are going. I just want to kind of get an idea of how things are going.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
evanASF27 06-13-2005 02:45 PM
I'm coming slowly but surely on the storyboards. They aren't completed...but I'll try to get some more done tonight. Smile
BethMcBeth 06-13-2005 02:50 PM
I'll get working on the story boards as soon as I am done travelling I am currently in the air port in PA and its been a busy day travelling and then when I get to the School I have to un pack everythign and dig out the pencials and paper and start on it then. So it might take a wee bit until I can get some up I think the pan during epsoide 15 will work for the opening I mean it has a lot of the buildings and interesting perspective on things also. ^_^"

-Beth
Nightingale 06-20-2005 05:44 PM
Update on meh:
I was having problems logging it at my parents house, but I'm back in the city, still computer-less, but with some access.

I'm almost finished with the storyboards! I started to really take my time with some of the faces, and tried to give Dorothy just a LITTLE hint of an attitude without changing her monotone-ess-ness. The backgrounds are "ehh", but you can tell where everyone is and stuff like that. I'll try to finish it this week, I don't reallly have any homework from my summer class yet ,so it's all good ^^
Ace378 06-21-2005 12:52 PM
Thats great to hear. I can't wait to see your work Nightingale!
Ace378 06-27-2005 06:41 AM
alrighty everyone time again for another status update to see how things are comming along. Remember this update is not to pressure you to finish your work or anythything its just to remind you about the project, if you have forgotten about it, or if you haven't forgotten then it is just to see how things are going: be it good or bad. So be sure to check in by posting here or sending me a pm.

thanks for your time,
Ace378
Nightingale 06-28-2005 11:16 PM
Alrighty, here are my assigned storyboards! I hope they are satisfactory ^_^

This was my practice/test page. I posted this because it was hard to draw an expressive Roger at such a small size, so that full-body shot is supposed to be #3 on the storyboards. I never got around to checking out what the area around his bedroom front door looks like, so it's just him, which is ok since I was only meant to draw the characters ^.^;

I really like how Dorothy's face came out. I used the same image in #8, just edited the eyes. I tried to make her look a little bored, but still paying attention. Roger was hard to draw (I suck at drawing men), but I'm proud of #7, wee.

And here is the last set. Roger looks ugly in #9 xP
By the description given to me, I'm assuming that Dorothy is still at the piano, but I had her stop playing and just paying attention to Roger. Though he was described as frustrated, after the flashback, he seemed to be more comtemplative, so I tried to make him look like he was in a rather deep thought.

I'll be online at another later time. Ciao for now!
evanASF27 06-28-2005 11:36 PM
oh crap...uhh I did forget >_>;;;; ...better dig up some of the stuff...
Ace378 07-06-2005 08:07 PM
great job Nightingale! those storyboards look great. Now then it is once again time for another status report. Ill be sure to look at the exact number of storyboards we have done so far and report what we still have to do and about how long we have to go. For now please just kind of check in and be sure you haven't forgotten about this project ^^.

Thanks for your time and your work!

Ace378
Tony Waynewrong 07-07-2005 11:57 AM
Nightingale, these truly rock! Good job! Big Grin
BethMcBeth 07-08-2005 12:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nightingale
Alrighty, here are my assigned storyboards! I hope they are satisfactory ^_^

This was my practice/test page. I posted this because it was hard to draw an expressive Roger at such a small size, so that full-body shot is supposed to be #3 on the storyboards. I never got around to checking out what the area around his bedroom front door looks like, so it's just him, which is ok since I was only meant to draw the characters ^.^;

I really like how Dorothy's face came out. I used the same image in #8, just edited the eyes. I tried to make her look a little bored, but still paying attention. Roger was hard to draw (I suck at drawing men), but I'm proud of #7, wee.

And here is the last set. Roger looks ugly in #9 xP
By the description given to me, I'm assuming that Dorothy is still at the piano, but I had her stop playing and just paying attention to Roger. Though he was described as frustrated, after the flashback, he seemed to be more comtemplative, so I tried to make him look like he was in a rather deep thought.

I'll be online at another later time. Ciao for now!

OMG!!!!

These are so gorgeous!!! I love them so much!! I love how you made the characters so much more life like and the expressions are amazing!!! Aww I want to like go run up and hug everyone! Your work is awesome!! Keep it up!!

I'll get those other story boards up ASAP as well!!

-Beth
Nightingale 07-08-2005 09:37 PM
Thank you, Ace, I'm glad you like them ^^
and thank you Beth and Tony, I'm flattered by your compliments ^.^
I wish I could hug them as well x3 heehee
Ace378 07-18-2005 06:11 PM
Ok everyone time for another status update. So far, as for assignments this is what i have (please confirm):

Nightingale: Assignment complete (awaiting next assignment i hope?)

BethMcBeth: Working on assigned Storyboards.

Tony: I believe the assignment was to check the dialogue of the radioplay?

evanASF27: Assignment was to finish the rest of the storyboards for group 1.

R.Smith: I believe there is a specific sequence of storyboards for your assignment.

D.Boy: Since you wanted to be used as a kind of last resort i have no specific assignment for you. However feel free to help either group with the completion of their tasks. If you feel you would like a specific task please contact me.

Alrighty takes care of everyone. This week is finals week for the summer semester so don't hold it against me if i can't respond for a while <(^^)> . Ill start work on the next sequence of storyboards for group 2 asap (which will probably be next week because of the finals this week).
R.Smith 07-28-2005 08:05 PM
quote:
Storyboard# 11
This time roger is talking but instead of panning or switching to roger i want to do a flashback (while he is talking) to when Big O started up on its own with dorothy in it. (if your following along with the radio play this is the line where roger says "Yes. Its happened before. When it happened, you were in it.") R.Smith this flash back is all yours. Find the pictures or perhaps a clip or clips of what you envision this flashback to look like and we will work from there.

How's this Ace?

http://www.savefile.com/files/1944571

For the first part, lets just pretend that Roger is wearing his suit, and pacing back and forth. Smile
evanASF27 07-28-2005 08:09 PM
umm.....I've lost my copy of the script and I can't find it on my computer. >_> Can someone bum me an extra copy?
BethMcBeth 07-28-2005 09:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
umm.....I've lost my copy of the script and I can't find it on my computer. >_> Can someone bum me an extra copy?

No problem I just emailed a copy to you.

My story boards should be up by tommrow or so they might not be as accurate as in looking exactly like the Big O style like the pervious ones. If possible I would like to add my own flare like what Nightingale did. Thanks and sorry for the delay.

-Beth
Ace378 08-01-2005 01:39 AM
R.Smith that was excellent. Your talents never cease to amaze me. If i may suggest though could we have the start of the flash back show some clips of when Big O comes through the ground (i suppose where he kills R.D.) and more importantly of when the cockpit door opens and reveals Dorothy inside. I believe that if we show this then it will further implant the concept of Dorothy being in Big O at that time.

----------
That’s great to hear Beth. While every storyboard is important not all of them need be as accurate as the ones you did before. Since this is a group project i have no objection to any member inputting as much of their own style and flare as they wish.
----------
However an important aspect which i should address with the group, and community, at this moment is whether or not we should try and make the characters look as close as possible to the original (which is possible but very time consuming) OR if we should try to change them a bit (which is not as time consuming but also which may not help with us trying to pass these characters for who they are). Granted this decision won't deal directly with the storyboards (so no one has to redraw or for that matter draw differently) however before i start the animation we need to come to a decision and i believe now is as good a time as any.
-----------
So then should the episode:
A.) Mimic the real show and be as close as possible (which can be extremely close) to original character designs and add a bit more professionalism to the episode.

Or

B.) Be a little more relaxed with the designs and add a bit more of our own flavor into the characters.
------------
I would like all members of the production team to post with their answer of either A or B.

Also a bit of community feedback would be nice too since we are working on this for our fellow Big O fans as well. Just answer A or B and maybe your reasoning if you so choose.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
R.Smith 08-01-2005 01:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
R.Smith that was excellent. Your talents never cease to amaze me. If i may suggest though could we have the start of the flash back show some clips of when Big O comes through the ground (i suppose where he kills R.D.) and more importantly of when the cockpit door opens and reveals Dorothy inside. I believe that if we show this then it will further implant the concept of Dorothy being in Big O at that time.

----------
That’s great to hear Beth. While every storyboard is important not all of them need be as accurate as the ones you did before. Since this is a group project i have no objection to any member inputting as much of their own style and flare as they wish.
----------
However an important aspect which i should address with the group, and community, at this moment is whether or not we should try and make the characters look as close as possible to the original (which is possible but very time consuming) OR if we should try to change them a bit (which is not as time consuming but also which may not help with us trying to pass these characters for who they are). Granted this decision won't deal directly with the storyboards (so no one has to redraw or for that matter draw differently) however before i start the animation we need to come to a decision and i believe now is as good a time as any.
-----------
So then should the episode:
A.) Mimic the real show and be as close as possible (which can be extremely close) to original character designs and add a bit more professionalism to the episode.

Or

B.) Be a little more relaxed with the designs and add a bit more of our own flavor into the characters.
------------
I would like all members of the production team to post with their answer of either A or B.

Also a bit of community feedback would be nice too since we are working on this for our fellow Big O fans as well. Just answer A or B and maybe your reasoning if you so choose.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378

I'm glad you liked it Ace. ^_^ Thanks for the compliment. Big Grin

I'll add those scenes in later today. Smile

As for your question, my answer would be A. While it would be time consuming, I believe this is the best way to do things. We want it to have a 'real' feel to it, don't we? If we did things a bit differently, I don't think the finished product would be as well received. That's just my opinion, I'm curious as to what others think. Smile
Ace378 08-05-2005 02:26 PM
As for my opinion on the project I believe A is the choice we should make. As the animator I would not mind at all putting in extra time to make the episode look as close as possible to a real episode.