Big O Project: Project will continue

Nightingale 05-19-2005 12:45 AM
Drawing out emotions sounds fun Smile
I'll be waiting for you to post phase 2.
(also a note: my computer crashed...I can restore the system, but that means losing aaaaaaalllllllllllllll my data, so after this week of finals, I'm going to try to save all my crap since my roommate has an external hard drive...i miss using MY comp, so it will be up and running soon)
Ace378 05-19-2005 09:27 AM
Ok then looks like group two is ready for action. Undoubtedly there will be more storyboards than in phase one but here it goes:

Storyboard#1
This is just the same as the other. it is just a view of paradigm while roger is talking so there is no need to draw this.

Storyboard#2
Roger is yelling to dorothy but he is off screen so there is nothing to draw here.

Storyboard#3
I do suppose i will have roger open the door and as such this will be the first appearence of roger. He should be distressed , frustrated, and because he will slam the door open he should be a bit angry too. Overall this will be a full body shot of roger in an unhappy mood (that is an unhappy face as well as an unhappy posture for standing).

Storyboard#4
Then switch the camera to dorothy who is playing the piano with her head looking at roger. Her emotion is the usual calm collected dorothy emotion. This is a wide shot of dorothy playing the piano. (use detail at your discretion).

Storyboard#5
In this shot we have roger wandering (^^) the room and talking. It is a pulled back shot so there won't be much emotion to see directly on his face. you can't have motion in a storyboard so in this shot just pick a place to have roger in and have him still frantic. Once again since it is a pulled back shot use detail at your discretion.

Storyboard#6
Now we move the camera back to dorothy with a close up on her face and she is still with the same emotion as before.

Storyboard#7
Moving back to roger i will do a close up of his face. In this shot he is particularly angry and irritated.

Storyboard#8
It may be a bit too much movement if i switch from roger to dorothy every time the other is talking. This storyboard will thus will show dorothy in another close up view. I am pretty sure it is the same emotion she has had this whole time(anybody disagree?). Although dorothy does produce an extreme amount of vocal emotion this cannot be drawn.

Storyboard#9
Roger is sighing in this one. Camera will switch to another close up of roger's face with him sighing.

Storyboard#10
Ok after roger talks dorothy starts to talk again but im getting a bit tired of all of these close ups so instead of a close up ill do a pulled back shot. It will be pulled back enough to show dorothy playing the piano with her head turned to roger but it will not show roger. Her expression is the same though.(pulled back shot so you know..use however much detail you choose)

Storyboard#11
This time roger is talking but instead of panning or switching to roger i want to do a flashback (while he is talking) to when Big O started up on its own with dorothy in it. (if your following along with the radio play this is the line where roger says "Yes. Its happened before. When it happened, you were in it.") R.Smith this flash back is all yours. Find the pictures or perhaps a clip or clips of what you envision this flashback to look like and we will work from there.

Storyboard#12
After the flashback we will switch back to current time with a wideshot of dorothy talking to roger. This shot will include dorothy sitting down with her usual expression and the back side of roger. We won't be able to see the expression on roger's face (since we can see dorothy's face roger is facing dorothy so we can't see his face) however the way he is standing should tell a little about his expression. As to what exactly that expression should be i leave that to you Nightingale.

This should be enough to get group two started although i am only at the end of page 3 of the radio play ><.

In the meantime while the two groups are working i have decided to start animating the very start of the episode with roger talking and the pan of paradigm city. The pan is nothing special just the normal pan we usually see of the city when roger is talking. As such i already know how it is suppose to look more or less. All groups *remember* any questions or comments post them here so that the team can help you with them.
R.Smith 05-20-2005 01:27 PM
I've got a few ideas for references:

quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
Storyboard#3
I do suppose i will have roger open the door and as such this will be the first appearence of roger. He should be distressed , frustrated, and because he will slam the door open he should be a bit angry too. Overall this will be a full body shot of roger in an unhappy mood (that is an unhappy face as well as an unhappy posture for standing).

quote:
Storyboard#4
Then switch the camera to dorothy who is playing the piano with her head looking at roger. Her emotion is the usual calm collected dorothy emotion. This is a wide shot of dorothy playing the piano. (use detail at your discretion).

quote:
Storyboard#9
Roger is sighing in this one. Camera will switch to another close up of roger's face with him sighing.

quote:
Storyboard#11
This time roger is talking but instead of panning or switching to roger i want to do a flashback (while he is talking) to when Big O started up on its own with dorothy in it. (if your following along with the radio play this is the line where roger says "Yes. Its happened before. When it happened, you were in it.") R.Smith this flash back is all yours. Find the pictures or perhaps a clip or clips of what you envision this flashback to look like and we will work from there.

I've got Act 13 at my disposal (as well as the other 25), so I can get any number of clips from it, which I can upload once I can access myfileshare account. Big Grin
Ace378 05-20-2005 05:18 PM
Truly astonishing R.Smith. You have managed to capture each one of those storyboards in a perfect fashion! Please keep up the good work. I have been quite busy with the start of the summer semester but i will try to keep posting new storyboards asap. The sooner we can get through storyboards (the hardest of the steps, imo) the sooner we can work on details and then after details all that is left is to animate. We will have this episode completed yet!
Ace378 05-23-2005 12:13 PM
Ok everyone it has been just about a week since we started. and everthing so far is going good. Just want a little update on where the groups stand on completion on the storyboards i was able to come up with. Its ok if your group hasn't done much i just need to know how the groups are comming along with progress or if there are any problems with the groups.

thanks for your time,
ace378
R.Smith 05-23-2005 01:58 PM
I've been browsing through the series to find good similar animations to match the storyboards for group2.

Been a bit busy, but I'm still looking. Big Grin
evanASF27 05-23-2005 02:28 PM
even though Ace378 is doin my part for Group1, when I am able to go to work on this I'll do my Storyboard ideas and post them here. That way we'll have some options.
Nightingale 05-24-2005 06:39 PM
Gah, sorry to be a downer, but my computer problem is worse than we assumed, and it needs new parts, which won't be happening for a while...
I can't be too dependant on others' computers, so I think I need to drop out of this project. I will just get way too behind in getting things done. Frown
Sorry!! T_T I really wanted to help out with this fan project~
I hope someone else will be able to take over for me.
evanASF27 05-24-2005 06:44 PM
Nightengale how long do you think it will be until your computer is fixed?

there's no mad rush on this thing...so we can take as much time as we need.
Ace378 05-24-2005 08:41 PM
No worries ^^ like evan said there is no rush and certainly there is no need to drop out of the project. im sure once you get your pc fixed you will want to help out so there really is no point in dropping the project. Now as to the person who is to be re-assigned to your part i will take the position. untill you are able to return or untill we are done with the storyboards. Even though you are unable to work on the storyboards if you are able to check this forum later we will be working on details and that may just require that you give us some input in a post so you are still a valuable member of the team Cool .

thanks for your time,
ace378
Nightingale 05-24-2005 09:01 PM
I suppose of i print out the phase 2 descriptions, i can work on it since i have enough free time for now. I'll be back home with my family for a week or two, I can photograph my sketches and post them, so I guess if there is no specific deadline to worry about it, I can still do this thing.

I don't know when I can fix my comp because I have to somehow carry the tower down town (god, i hope i dont have to pay for a cab) to the store. I asked a friend of mine to help me out after I come back to San Francisco. It may be a while, but since i still like to and need to check my email, I can manage to squeeze in this time as well.

Alrighty then, I'm still on I guess ^^;
I really want to be able to work on facial expressions, just that when my computer went to HELL, I figured i shouldn't give myself any responsibilities online just in case I wouldn't have the time required.
Ace378 05-29-2005 10:07 PM
alrighty everyone i think its already week two and it is now time for another update report. First though it turns out that the lamp in my tv/monitor has busted which now leaves me on an older smaller monitor and this kind of halts how much animation i can do for a little while. Anyways just wanted to see how the other groups are doing. I have also decided to add another phase to the storyboards which shall be involving background detail. however we can worry about that phase after we get a bit more complete with the two phases we have now.

I realize that because this is a project for fun (on the side) it may take longer to complete. As such there really are no due dates for anything. However in my idea for the grand scheme of things i had envisioned that by the end of the summer (at the end of august) the storyboards would be complete. This may or may not happen but taking much longer than that would kind of be like pushing the project to far to the side (we eventually want to complete the project). Need some input on what you guys think about having the storyboards done by the end of august (don't forget your update as well).
BethMcBeth 05-31-2005 12:39 PM
Hi there sorry I almost done with the story boardss I really wanted to make sure they could be the best possible I have to just ink them up and then post thme because I am afraid that you might not be able to see the pencil they should be up and ready sometime tonight I am so sorry it took me so long.

-Beth
R.Smith 05-31-2005 07:10 PM
Been very busy as of late, and won't have time to work on the project until the week of June 5th, or later. Frown
Generalissimo D 05-31-2005 07:59 PM
I'll get around to writing about the angles and such in a screenplay like fashion if I get the time. My voice samples are now available!(click the "Meh Voice!" link in my sig) just FYI.
BethMcBeth 06-02-2005 04:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
Alright lets start then on the phase one storyboards:

Storyboard#1
I think the episode should open with an overview of paradigm while roger is talking. Just some buildings and stuff so no need to draw this storyboard unless you want to.

Storyboard#2
Then we break into the piano room with roger entering the door from the left supposedly. However we can have him enter from the right as we have seen him do before. After that him and dorothy start talking. Dorothy is always in the same place while roger paces around the room. (you need not draw this storyboard either because dorothy and roger are in the same places as the picture below)

Storyboard#3
Then Norman enters from the from the same door roger did. Dorothy in the same place roger is somewhere in the room (you can choose where he is) and norman moves only slightly from the door (enough to close the door).

Storyboard#4
Some talk, then Dastun enters. Roger is some place (you can decide where or leave him in his last place) dorothy by the piano norman and dastun next to each other by the door.

Storyboard#5
After a little talking roger and norman exit the room. Leaving just dastun and dorothy in their places: Dastun by the door and Dorothy by the piano. They keep on talking until dastun overhears roger and norman.

Storyboard#6
Then we can have Dastun motion torward the door as if to open and leave. Roger enters the room and is next to dastun. Dorothy is in the same place, roger is on one side of the door dastun on the other.

Storyboard#7
They keep on talking in the same positions (roger and dastun by the door and dorothy by the piano) untill Roger says that he can't let dastun leave his home with a troubled face. After this is when i want dastun to head to to a chair and table for the upcoming drinks and talk. Not sure if roger should move with him.

Storyboard#8
After a little talk norman enters. they talk a little then norman leaves. some more talk then norman enters again. (All of this in one storyboard because it is just a repeat; he enters and leaves but he always goes to the same position when he enters.)

Storyboard#9
Roger goes to Norman to get the drinks

Storyboard#10
Roger then goes back to pour dastun his drink.

Ok so far ten storyboards and im on page 14 of 34. This should be good for now. Beth its up to you now to draw these ten storyboards. You can get as detailed or un-detailed as you would like (Phase one storyboards are only position so we only need some kind of marker to represent the characters, the marker could even be stick figure if you so choose). The picture below is only a refrence. when you are drawing the storyboards i would like if you try to imagine different angles in the room. Note that if you change the angle you should have some kind of marker (like the door or the piano) so that we don't get lost.

I will try to find more pictures of different angles in the room. R.Smith i could use your help with this task (finding different angles of the piano room). If you get stuck then please feel free to ask for help thats what the production team is here for. ^^

Here is the picture i found of the room

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty here are alll of the required Storyboards I will try to work on the other 2 for kicks and what not later. I wanted to appologize for taking so long on these I really wanted to get them as close to perfect as possible and I really studied those Radio Play Picture Sets as well and have come up with these. What ever changes need to be done please comment and tell me and I'll do whatever I can to fix them. Thank you.

-Beth

Story Board # 3

Story Board # 4

Story Board # 5

Story Board # 6

Story Board # 7

Story Board # 8

Story Board # 9

Story Board # 10

Again Iam so sorry it took me so long and whatever needs fixed just tell me! ^_^"

-Beth
Ace378 06-02-2005 07:02 PM
wow simply amazing beth! upon first seeing the storyboards i was utterly speechless. Such talent! And they adhere so well to the written storyboards.

quote:
Again Iam so sorry it took me so long

>< please don't worry about it. This is after all a project to do when your not to busy, and these days everybody is busy. Anyways once again great job and if you wish to continue then i suppose ill go ahead and make the rest of the storyboards for group 1 phase 1. Thanks for your hard work BethMcBeth.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
Ace378 06-07-2005 10:10 AM
Alrighty time to finish the storyboards for group 1 phase 1.

Storyboard#11
Roger goes to take his seat. (roger is sitting across from dastun)

Storyboard#12
Lots of talking here but for the storyboard I want dastun kind of leaning over his glass thinking while roger (opposite him) is kind of relaxed, listening to dastun but still relaxed. Dorothy still in the back.

Storyboard#13
More talking then roger and dastun kind of switch positions in that dastun is the one more relaxed while roger is the one leaning over his glass thinking

Storyboard#14
More talking but roger is getting a bit over enthusiastic and has stood up almost to the point of yelling at dastun. (while the talking continues we can exemplify rogers behavior with him slamming his glass on the table.)

Storyboard#15
Ok now angel enters the episode (you can choose which door she enters from.)

Storyboard#16
Dorothy has moved away from the piano and has moved to the hour glasses.

Storyboard#17
Norman enters the room (from the same door as angel). So now angel is by the door next to Norman and roger is standing across from dastun and dastun is sitting. Dorothy is still by the hourglasses.

Storyboard#18
Norman leaves and angel kind of wanders about the room (a little tipsy).

Storyboard#19
Angel sits in the couch right in between where roger was standing and where dastun is sitting. Like so: Roger--Angel--Dastun (except the two side couches are kind of slanted one like / and the other like \ ).

Storyboard#20
Dorothy moves back to the piano and starts to play a song.

That’s all the time I have right now ~ got to go to classes~ but ill come back and finish the rest later.

Also on a side note I think that the start of episode 15 with some modifications would be a good start for this episode( since it shows a nice overview of paradigm). What do you all think of that?

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
evanASF27 06-07-2005 08:30 PM
uhh Ace do you still want me to take a crack at the storyboards?

My workload has just lightened up, and I believe I'll have enough time now to do my share of the work for the project....I just need to know if I can still do anything now o_o;;
Ace378 06-07-2005 08:42 PM
Sure thing evan. I was unable to complete the rest of the storyboards for your group due to my classes so i geuss you can finish the rest. I left off at the end of page 20 so you can start the storyboards from page 21. Coincidentally the next storyboard should be numbered 21; just kinda stay within the format i layed out i suppose. Don't forget group 1 is simply location so stuff like talking and emotions don't really apply but you may have to kind of have a feel for what the characters are doing and feeling. so then good luck and please contact me if you have any problems.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378