Episode 26 Discussion: "Her Reason"

Captain Maw 05-06-2005 11:10 PM
Well, last episode that FUNimation had dubbed. Airs on next Saturday (5/7/05) and Thursday (5/12/05). I believe from here on then there will be reruns airing mon.-thurs. like most of the older shows... (see ADVANCED WARNING: Starting in May, FMA will be off Saturdays for awhile...(UPDATED!!!!) for details)
dominusofdeath 05-07-2005 10:59 PM
That episode freaking rocked. I felt so sad when Mustnag told her that the case was closed. And when Winry started crying.
AlexRosewater 05-07-2005 11:10 PM
It's a new set of pace for the series at this point which is a good thing yet sometimes a bad thing but the episode was great with Roy trying to move up in the ranks in the military and gain a sense of revenge in terms of finding the killers.
Sephiroth 05-07-2005 11:16 PM
That was a good episode. It really showed Winry's connection to Ed, and how much she cares about him. Mustang is still trying to move up in the ranks, and the way he figured out what Armstrong was thinking was pretty cool. The girl in the desert town was pretty cool, I just like the rocket leg. It's a real shame that the series is going to be stopped for a while. I really wanted to see the next episode. Urggh..Darn you adult swim!
evanASF27 05-07-2005 11:31 PM
Well...that left me unsatisfied Neutral They should have stopped at Ep.25 and waited.
Green_Bird 05-07-2005 11:35 PM
really the least they could have done was cut out the preview seeing as how its going on a break...But with this episode we see the first real appearance of Izumi and Sigu (not counting the little hidden appearance in the train station)...even if it was short. Also I thought that the little prologue/intro scene was funny...Junk food, literature (comics) and toys Laughing . Also I see they played the "Motherland" closing after this one....

Why must they take it off...and when Wrath was going to show up in the next few episodes too! I mean by now they have to have some of the remaining 25 episodes dubbed...I mean since the announcement came out that they only had half of the series dubbed. It still sucks eather way you look at it...
Krang 05-07-2005 11:52 PM
Not the best place to leave off, but still not a bad episode. This episode was supposed to be where my favorite of the four openings, "Undo," starts, but due to Funimation's contract with L'Arc-en-Ciel, it unfortunately seems that they will continue using "Ready Steady Go" for all 51 episodes of the series. You can see the actual openings (and full endings) here, although please avoid OP4 and ED4 if you don't want to see spoilers.
Green_Bird 05-08-2005 12:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Not the best place to leave off, but still not a bad episode. This episode was supposed to be where my favorite of the four openings, "Undo," starts, but due to Funimation's contract with L'Arc-en-Ciel, it unfortunately seems that they will continue using "Ready Steady Go" for all 51 episodes of the series. You can see the actual openings (and full endings) here, although please avoid OP4 and ED4 if you don't want to see spoilers.

I thought that the DVDs had the right openings in the right places and not just "Ready stedy go" and that was just what AS desided to play.... because I did hear that 1-5 had "Melissa" as their opening on the DVDs. But That could have been an Extra on it...I don't have the DVDs yet so this is just going by what I herd.
Krang 05-08-2005 12:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
I thought that the DVDs had the right openings in the right places and not just "Ready stedy go" and that was just what AS desided to play.... because I did hear that 1-5 had "Melissa" as their opening on the DVDs. But That could have been an Extra on it...I don't have the DVDs yet so this is just going by what I herd.

You're right, I was only referring to the AS version. The DVDs have the correct openings and endings.
Zopwx2 05-08-2005 02:30 AM
I like the major mustang/politcal junk scenes a bit more than the ed/al scenes.

Maybe thats why I like the last episode alot.

Anyway If I were to take a random guess..... the teacher is the one who taught the kids alchemy.
Delirious 05-09-2005 12:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2

Anyway If I were to take a random guess..... the teacher is the one who taught the kids alchemy.

Your right.

I can't wait for them to resume. I think they should have stopped at ep. 25, too. I feel like I've seen a four star meal and then been told, "Sorry, you can't eat that." Oh Well Oh, well ........ I do so love the scenes with Mustang & Hawkeye Big Grin
Madrona 05-09-2005 03:27 PM
I'm kinda torn about wishing they had stopped at 25. I was anxious to see this episode because I wanted to see Roy follow up on Maes' murder. I wish they had gone more into why Riza does what she does. I'm hoping to see that.

On the other hand, we got to see how much Winry cares for Ed, and how much of herself she puts into the automail that she makes for him. To not trust the automail and use alchemy in that arm wrestling match was a slap in the face to her. Although, I think he really wouldn't want anyone else to make his automail, do you?

It was nice to a different ending, though the second ending is still my favorite...Not looking at the fourth! Wink NOPE!

So, I'm half fulfilled. ...I'm having a hard time waiting......

Madrona
BabyGhia 05-09-2005 04:57 PM
I really think they should have stopped at 25. Although, having that being the last ep would have been sad. *cries*

Regardless, still a good episode. Seeing all the automail was interesting. We've only seen what the Rockbells can do. And did anyone else go Shocked when we saw Pinako younger?

I noticed that Roy didn't really want to search too hard about why Hughes was killed. Smart actually. Having him uncover everything his way should be interesting.

But sadly we won't know how for awhile. Frown Hopefully they don't take TOO long to show us the rest. I'm looking forward to it. And while I'd like to complain about how typical it is of AS to stop a show right in the middle like that, I just realized that I should be yelling at Toonami for YYH and Funimation. Oh well.

*sigh*

BabyGhia