[Other] Re-Animated Introduction *Released*

Ace378 05-03-2005 08:50 PM
It is finally completed!!!! after all of the maintanence and last minute fix ups the total time for the project comes to 36 hours of labor. As i have said before people who entered a submission for the Big O project will get to see the finished project first (SO LONG AS THEY PM ME ASKING TO SEE IT!!) but fear not if you are wanting to see the completed project i will post a link to it on this thread either tomorrow or the next day.

Just some backround information in case you don't know what the introduction project is. The introduction project is a project i started while the community decided what another project's content should be. It is essentially the opening theme to the Big O Project episode. I decided to do this project to show people a little bit of what i can do so far with animation. Although i am still a novice so things will only get better from here.

Also once again the re-animated introduction is not suppose to be the original. I have changed many things and most Big O watchers will be able to spot them pretty quick. Also I had to change some animation flaws that i saw in the original opening (yes the opening you watch on tv has errors Oh Well ) If anybody is interested i could break down the animation process and tell you approx how long it took to draw each picture. Anyways Enjoy the Introduction!

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
Buck Buck #1 05-03-2005 09:00 PM
Awesome I can't wait to see it.
R.Smith 05-03-2005 09:02 PM
Great job Ace378! Thumbs Up I know I haven't said too much about this, but I've been following your posts, and I can't wait to see what you've come up with. Big Grin

I'm curious as to the errors your referring to in the intro though. Confused
Ace378 05-03-2005 09:17 PM
Well there are not many errors in the original introduction. Just a couple of things which i noticed. First off is the silhouettes. Some things wrong there are that there are sharp curves in the some of the silhouettes (for example roger has a pointy nose and a pointy chin).Also some silhouettes just look kinda crazy (for example norman's silhouette has sharp curve at the bottom i think it is for his shirt but it still looks wierd since it is for his shirt i think i included this in my own introduction) Another error came at the end of the introduction when Big O is colored in. If you look at the line that runs down his mouth (under the "e") it is broken in two pieces by the text in the middle of it. The top piece is slightly to the side of where it is suppose to be. You may think that it is just curved and that the text is breaking it up so that it just looks flawed ~thats what i thought. So i made a cruved line from the bottom of his mouth to the where it ends on top of his mouth and the curve did not match the line that was drawn. Thus the top piece of the line is slightly off of where it is suppose to be. Anyways those are just drawing errors so if you wanted to i suppose you could just say that is how they intended the pictures to look.
----------------------Edit-----------------------------------------
Oh yeah and roger's suit at the end when he is being colored in is not black. it is much easier to notice in the re-animated intro. i decided not to change the suit completley to black because then you wouldn't be able to see his black gloves. (Also i kind of gave roger a bit more muscle in his arms.... i think he needed to be a little more buffed up).
Ace378 05-04-2005 04:59 PM
Alrighty it has just about been a day so i suppose it is time to release the intro to the public. Enjoy! (you need flash to view the file)

http://www.paradigm-city.com/misc/bigoproj/
paul1290 05-04-2005 05:05 PM
Whoa! This is totally awsome! I just gotta tell my friends about this! Keep it up. Big Grin
R.Smith 05-04-2005 05:18 PM
Marvelous job Ace378! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Big Grin Big Grin

If you need any help with this project, count me in! Smile
Mugiwara Luffy 05-04-2005 05:27 PM
That was very, very good! Big Grin

And it can only get better, as you said!
Travis Bickle 05-04-2005 05:35 PM
Holy crap on rye!

That was awesome!
Zopwx2 05-04-2005 05:40 PM
hey that is pretty cool.

I'm looking foward to your stuff.
Wingnut 05-04-2005 07:00 PM
Nice. If this is a sign of things to come, then we are definately going to do well.
Dark-0 05-04-2005 07:07 PM
Nice intro it looks perfect, nice job.
Generalissimo D 05-04-2005 07:13 PM
Uh...could you replace the professional intro with yours? It looks so much better. The lava lamp effect never bode well with my eyes...
Good job man! Cant wait to see the first precious seconds!
Buck Buck #1 05-04-2005 07:58 PM
Drooling That was incredible. I'm really looking forward to the rest.
Big Money 05-04-2005 09:00 PM
Flash, no? I love, I love Big Grin !
Captain Maw 05-04-2005 09:09 PM
YES! awesome!! yes!!!! -beck
this was so cool, as it was playing i was practically getting a high.
nice job, if you need anything, ask.
Pero_Is_Crying 05-04-2005 10:33 PM
It's gorgeous in Flash. Well done! I wish there was a replay button at the end though. I really can't wait to see what's in store for the Big O Project, especially since [as] will soon leave us high and dry.

Now, excuse me. I have to go watch the intro again and resist the urge to cackle and clap my feet... Joy!

Rock on, Ace!
Ace378 05-05-2005 01:09 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback everyone. im glad you all enjoyed it! Also with such great feedback it makes me want to start the animation for the Big O Project even sooner. Which is what this post is about. After taking about a two week vacation production on the project will begin. Now i know my job~ thats animating~ but i think that a full episode may be a bit much for one person. Thus i have decided to put together a production team to help with the episode. Now PC is dedicated to Big O fans and what better people to help produce a new episode then the people here on the forums? So if you would like to help (and also have your name added to the credits Big Grin ) then stay tuned. Ill make a thread in about two weeks with more info. Once again thanks for all of the positive feedback, and also thanks again to Krang for hosting the file. See you all in two weeks!

Thanks for your time,
Ace378
Pygmalion 05-05-2005 08:02 AM
A good clean intro. Nice work!

Pygmalion
Madrona 05-05-2005 10:30 AM
Sweet!

Nicely done. I agree with BigOZ , your backround is much better.