The Anime Central Thread [ACEN 2006 Update!]

The Baker St. Irregular 04-30-2005 09:56 AM
The Anime Central Convention is coming soon to Rosemont, Illinois! It will feature many awesome guests, such as Beau Billingslea (Jet from Cowboy Bebop!), Konanka Chiaki (we love him best as the chief writer for The Big O!) , The Pillows (rocking band that played the music for FLCL!), and the eternally awesome Steve Blum Shocked (Spike and Roger!!!). Not to mention lots of other totally cool people and events. (Check to see at http://acen.org )

I know that I will be attending the Saturday with my anime club, and I will be cosplaying as Black Jack. Pleased In this thread, I will post all my pictures of my sensei-themed exploits at Acen.

Anyone else going? Big Grin I know it's going to be a blast!
Tickle Tickle 04-30-2005 10:10 AM
I want to go so bad. But I doubt I'll be able to fly over there, and even if I do I'd have to stay with my cousin. *shivers* Maybe I should call my cousin, ask if she can go, and get Steven Blum to sign my Big O DVDs? Crying

Life is unfair.
Zola 05-09-2005 09:12 PM
Well, I'm going!!!!

I leave tomorrow to pick up the friend who is going with me!

Steve Blum is going to be there, and Konaka Chiaki, plus Fred from Megatokyo. This is going to be a wonderful trip.

I'll post pics! Smile
The Baker St. Irregular 05-09-2005 09:26 PM
Dude! I'm going there, too! Pleased I'm going to be there the Saturaday, and I'll be cosplaying as Black Jack, so perhaps you might be able to spot me out. (I doubt anybody else is going to be dressing up as him. Tongue )

Here's to all the awesome fun that's going to be at the convention! Big Grin HUZZAH!
Dork 05-11-2005 12:23 AM
Has anybody else seen this? I found it while looking for other things Konaka had writen.

It's late and I may be confusing something but in the box to the right reads

quote:
Also, we regretfully announce the cancellation of Chiaki Konaka. He is ill and not well enough to travel to Chicago.

Again, it's late. I could be missing something like a date or something.

muchlove
-Dork
paul1290 05-11-2005 06:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
Has anybody else seen this? I found it while looking for other things Konaka had writen.

quote:
Also, we regretfully announce the cancellation of Chiaki Konaka. He is ill and not well enough to travel to Chicago.

muchlove
-Dork

Darn it! Oh well, at least Steven Blum is still there.
The Baker St. Irregular 05-11-2005 09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
quote:
Originally posted by Dork

quote:

muchlove
-Dork

Darn it! Oh well, at least Steven Blum is still there.

Yeah. It bites that Konaka-san can't make it. Crying Hopefully, though, I will be able to give Mister Blum a drawring I'm making of some of the characters he's done the voices for!
Schoolie 05-11-2005 10:25 PM
Please-oh-Please let us all know how it goes - pictures, stories, all kinds of fun nuggets of joy!
The Baker St. Irregular 04-28-2006 11:36 PM
It's that time of year again... When otaku from all over congregate to the small city of Rosemont, Illinois, to take part in one of the nation's biggest anime conventions! Anime Smile This year's guests feature many lovely people such as Chris Patton, Greg Ayres, Monica Rial, Fred Gallagher, as well as Japanese guest Junko Mizuno, and the Japanese band TsuShiMaMiRe!

This time around, I have a three day pass, so I'm going to go all out. I'm not going to cosplay, but I am going to fashion myself a little Laughing Man logo mask to wear around the con. Wink And I'll try and get some pictures up this year, if even just a couple.