Big O Goes Hollywood

Travis Bickle 04-29-2005 08:01 PM
So I looked at my film portfolio for school and realized something: I need a decent script to hand in, along with the short films I made.

I already wrote a little something, but refuese to hand it in due to the fact that I'm constantly editing and revising it, and also plan on keeping it in a "vault" of sorts for the future.

So what am I to do?

I have to write a screenplay.

So, for some inane reason, while watching the trailer for "Serenity" (the movie remake of the cancelled show "Firefly") yesterday, an idea came to me.

The Big O is a cancelled show. The Big O would go over better with a greater/wider audience, as opposed to the limited audience it was exposed to.

So I decided that I'm going to adapt the entire series into four different scripts:

1 - The Big O: How Roger meets Dorothy, the introduction of Schwartzvald, Angel and Alex Rosewater, and possibly a little subplot from one of the episodes that doesn't tie into the main story.

2 - The Big Duo: The continuation of the story (making it a sequel), starting off with the return of Beck, with the epic battle with Big Duo, and the entire Winter Night Phantom and R-D plots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------
3 - Twisted Memories: This will introduce Alan Gabriel, the ghost of Schwartzvald, and Alex Rosewater's plans. Starting off from where the last script ended off, incorporating pretty much everything from episodes 14-18, ending with elements taken from episode 20 (Stripes), making this into a two part movie (scripts 3 and 4) instead of just making it two sequels.

4 - The War of Paradigm City: The grand finale. This script will incorporate everythign from episodes 20-26, thus introducing (or elaborating) on Vera, the Union, the origins of Paradigm City and the epic battle with Big Fau. Ending of course with Big Venus and such, but I plan on adding a bit more to the end to make it go over better with the audience (or whoever reads it).

Now, since this is a "Hollywood adaptation", I plan on changing several things about the series. I only have a few ideas written down (changing the ending and/or adding on to it, adding a few things to the scripts to make them somewhat more interesting and tie things together, cutting a couple of minor yet unescessary things to the story, etc.), but only time will tell what happens. It'll please Big O fans, sci fi fans, and just overall movie fans altogether.

I'm not really doing this out of fandom, but bordem and the fact that it will look damn good on the portfolio. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the Big O made into a movie (just like Serenity, which comes out soon). Now, this is just for school, but it would be cool as hell to see this made into an actual motion picture, don't you think?

I'm 21 pages into the treatment for the first script. I plan on getting the first script done by the end of the summer, but plan on getting the treatments for all four scripts done before I start working on the first script, without having to make up the story as I go along (like how the second season of the Big O was written).

I'll post the treatments (or parts of it) on here if it's ok with the Admins.

And yeah, even though I have yet to actually take a class on film and whatnot, I've seen enough movies and read enough scripts to determine a great movie from, say, Battlefield Earth. I'm going to do this to the best of my ability.

(C) 2005 (You rip off of my ideas and I physically rip something off of equal or greater value)
Generalissimo D 04-29-2005 08:34 PM
Actually...I believe this was MY idea...but like anyone will pay me...
Film Noir. Ala Sin City preferably. It must be done in Film Noir. Thats all.
Lady Tesser 04-29-2005 08:59 PM
The idea was proposed back in 2003, but nobody 'owns' the idea of making anything into a movie (I'm old enough to remember that one guy who tried to sue Aaron Spelling for 'stealing' his idea of 'Beverly Hills, 90210' - like a bunch of superficial teenagers in southern California is an original concept).

I wish you luck on this endeavour, Cerpin ... you're going to need it.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-29-2005 09:18 PM
are u talking a live action movie or anime movie? just checking
Amaya-chan 04-29-2005 10:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
The idea was proposed back in 2003, but nobody 'owns' the idea of making anything into a movie

Whoa whoa... someone actually tried to make a Big O movie? Who?

Anyway, I always thought a Big O movie would be pretty cool, be it anime or live action. You got some good ideas there, Cerpin. Keep up the good work!
Buck Buck #1 04-29-2005 11:36 PM
Cool Idea. I hope you can post them when you finish.
Lady Tesser 04-30-2005 12:22 AM
I meant we on the board discussed it. Sorry. ^_^;
Avenger 04-30-2005 09:46 PM
After great films like Sin City and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, a CGI heavy film like Big O with its faux Matrix overtones could be big in Hollywood.

All it takes is the right writer...
Travis Bickle 04-30-2005 09:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
After great films like Sin City and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, a CGI heavy film like Big O with its faux Matrix overtones could be big in Hollywood.

All it takes is the right writer...

...and a company willing to make it Smile
Almasy 04-30-2005 11:54 PM
That sounds cool! ^_^
Amaya-chan 05-01-2005 12:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
I meant we on the board discussed it. Sorry. ^_^;

Ah I see. It's okay. Would be cool if someone did try to get one made.
Nine Kuze 03-18-2006 06:47 PM
It's been a while since anybody has posted in here so I'm bringing it back.

I read the summaries of your four movies, CT and they sound pretty damn good, especially the second movie (The Big Duo) and the last movie (The War of Paradigm City).

quote:
and possibly a little subplot from one of the episodes that doesn't tie into the main story

That's the real interesting part to me for the first movie (The Big O). It would be cool to see something like Daemonseed used for this part of the movie.

quote:
And yeah, even though I have yet to actually take a class on film and whatnot, I've seen enough movies and read enough scripts to determine a great movie from, say, Battlefield Earth. I'm going to do this to the best of my ability.

Yeah, the same goes for me. And yes my man, Battlefield Earth was a piece of crap. Actually, that's insulting to crap in general but God, what a sorry-ass movie.

Anyway, how is this project of yours coming after all this time?
Peace.
Travis Bickle 03-18-2006 06:58 PM
I have a treatment and 1st draft for the first one done, a second treatment halfway done, and a legal pad full of notes for a third and fourth one.

However, I put it aside for the time being.
Nine Kuze 03-18-2006 07:10 PM
That's cool about the Big O scripts, how you got some headway done on them.

quote:
I need a decent script to hand in, along with the short films I made.

I just noticed this and I'm curious to know what these short films you made are about.
Peace.
Dangerous 03-20-2006 06:12 AM
Good idea to adapt "the Big O" into a movie.

I thought a trilogy was better, but the storyline is so difficult to understand that we need more episodes to understand the Big O.

There are so lot of incoherences in the storyline, so lot of wrong things, incompatible that it will be difficult to understand this manga.

I say that for the own good of the movie, if it will have to be created a day ... I criticise the storyline because it is even difficult to understand for me, so what will someone who has never known the Big O say? "Oh, I don't understand the story of this movie; thus I hate that movie !" as if because they don't understand, the movie is a sh... That's what happened to "the Matrix" : that was a good movie, but no one understood, and they all said "the Matrix sucks".

And the Big O is more difficult to understand, thus don't let those people have the opportunity to say the Big O is a sh....

I often thought that in some parts of the storyline the scenario must be modified. The story must be modified, but I will never forgive a man who adaptes the Big O into a movie and who modifies the scenario; this must be the most fidel with the scenario. Don't make a foolish movie like "Street Fighter" where the scenario was not followed. Or I ban the Big O.
Sharpshooter005 03-20-2006 06:26 AM
quote:
That's what happened to "the Matrix" : that was a good movie, but no one understood, and they all said "the Matrix sucks".

Thats...not why the last two movies kind of sucked.

Really it sounded alot "deeper" than it was. Once you sort of filter out the extranious stuff it wasn't at all that confusing of a plotline.

quote:
It must be done in Film Noir.

Seconded, in a huuge way.
Big Jauln 04-01-2006 12:31 AM
I like the Big Duo subplot. I really,really*******(five minutes later),really need to know much more about the second Big.
ScionofDestiny 04-03-2006 09:10 AM
Sounds wicked aweseome really - I wish you well in your endeavor.
Big Jauln 04-05-2006 11:48 AM
Hopefully Cerpin Taxt will be able to make a Big O film, that will be a hit, everyone would enjoy, and that would make him a moviemaker. Best wishes to you Cerpin Taxt!(And I hope Krang or Shredder will take of your warning.)
Lost_Cyborg 04-22-2006 02:48 PM
Wow, it sounds a great idea, it's also nice to know I'm not alone in enbroidering Big O into school work... *sigh* when I heard my teacher say 'write a story about losing your memories and waking up in the city' I grinned so wide.... *cough* NVM good luck with the scripts.