New Castlevania - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

X Prime 11-04-2005 10:43 AM
I say it's better. So many fun weapons it's disgusting.

An energy tonfa that makes you thrust out three energy waves.
But, sacrifice that tonfa permanently to acquire a full-scale gatling gun!
David Ryder 11-07-2005 04:27 PM
picked it up today and man does it kick some booty. think SOTN but 3D. review coming soon.
Paradigm Dog 11-21-2005 10:09 PM
I pre-ordered it and picked it up, but I'm waiting till Christmas to play it (since it's the game of the season I think). The place I pre-ordered it, a mainstream place, promised a promo music CD but then told me they didn't and I didn't get one. That was false advertising and I'm disappointed. Beyond that, they didn't contact me by phone that it had come in like they said they would. Oh well.

I've been suprised at the varied views on this game. It looks great, but a lot of people are making fun of it. They want to say it's terrible compared to God of War (because somehow it's "the new standard") and say it's as bad as Lament of Innocence. First of all, I played some of God of War and hated it--clunky controls and uninspired art direction--It wishes it could be as cool as Castlevania. Second, Lament of Innocence was not a bad game. I felt it was the best game of 2003 despite its slight problems here and there.

All and all, I can't wait to play Castlevania: CoD and feel it'll be a strong, fun, and stylishly artistic title.
DJX Prime 11-22-2005 01:09 AM
I got it a couple weeks ago and so far, I've been enjoying it. IMHO they did a better job at level designs than in LOI; it's a bit more varied. I'm still getting use to the Lock-On feature, though. Overall, deffinitely worth it for me.

I'm still getting over the part when I was in the Bahjet Mountains (sp?) and I had to break into that small keep that was guarded by the three cannons. I went at the barricade and hacked it down with my melee weapon (took a while to do that). Then I later on realized the right way to destroy the barricade when I got to the Aquaduct. Boy did I feel like an idiot! Embarrassed Sweatdrop
David Ryder 11-23-2005 07:23 AM
also why is julia's shop so worthless? what's the point of the shop if she never gets new stuff.
X Prime 11-23-2005 07:26 AM
Yeah, the shop's selection is shameful.

I think she at least sells you the Moebius Brooch if you beat Crazy.
Generalissimo D 02-15-2006 10:01 PM
Hector is f***ing metal.