The MMORPG Thread

Ace378 04-26-2005 10:35 PM
Guildwars!!!! its free to play online! yay! and it is comming out this week.
i played starwars galaxies pretty neat with the expansion and their newest combat upgrade looks pretty good. its suppose to be the first massive reformation of combat structure in a mmo. City of heroes was good but it certainly lacked something. I understand grinding but really thats all that coh was about. besides once you exhausted all of the options for creating characters it kind of gets old. I never was able to play pso online but i did play it offline with 4 people and that rocked. PSU looks most excellent and i can't wait to play that! Might get WoW heard it was pretty good not sure though anybody else know anything about WoW?
088nd 04-26-2005 10:58 PM
I've only played one MMORPG in my life:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/chipndale.php
David Ryder 02-15-2006 02:26 PM
I've played many a MMORPG.

Ever Quest: good funny, and a nice community. Challenging as well.

World of Warcraft: Played the free trial, got to lvl 60 in what like a week...lol sad.

PSO: average, simply Average.

FFXI: The one I currently play and intend to keep playing. great story, tons to do, and a decent community. and it's the only one with japanese and english speaking players. also you need to use teamwork to play this game.
X Prime 02-15-2006 04:12 PM
The problem with 99% of MMORPGs (ESPECIALLY non-Western ones, or at least it boils down to that earlier) is that in the end it boils down to how well you spam a single, all-consuming killer move.
Travis Bickle 02-15-2006 04:58 PM
I had a short run in RO.

I played EQ2 for about 15 days

I played WOW for about a month

I tested FFXI back in the day

I beta tested The Matrix Online

I'm going to be testing Grandia Online.
Sharpshooter005 02-15-2006 05:37 PM

This sort of made me wary of any game with the prefix "massively-multiplayer".

It's a shame too. Since when it worked it had potential.

Then again trying to shoot at a some guy guarding a FLaK gun just appeals to me more than "KILL NINTY ORCS AND YOU'LL GET ASSIGNED A SLIGHTLY HIGHER NUMBER!"
Generalissimo D 02-15-2006 05:43 PM
Lulz. Rehost the image somewhere, Sharp.

I want an MMORPG that works like E.V.O. The Search for Eden.

That game ownedededed.
David Ryder 02-15-2006 05:56 PM
quote:
E.V.O. The Search for Eden

Sweetness! A fellow E.V.O fan?! that game owned all.
Generalissimo D 02-15-2006 05:59 PM
The best thing emulation ever brought me, it was.

Soldat is pretty f***ing badass

Free to boot.
Jstar136 02-15-2006 06:04 PM
I used to play Gunbound, but it got repetitive and the reward for playing wasn't great enough.

Runescape was worse. I guess you can call it "3-D". I remember it being along the lines of MS Paint quality (Gamewise too). Is mining supposed to be fun...?

All in all, I'm not too cool with paying a monthly fee for a game. RPG's by themselves suit me fine, especially Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. By playing alone, I miss out on the fun of being called a flaming homosexual.
Mr. Hotdog 02-15-2006 11:03 PM
Gotta love gunbound I love Trikie. He's my favorite mobile. 3 shot owns!