Hellsing OAV!

dominusofdeath 01-23-2006 08:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Haruka
quote:
This is good. VERY good. Thumbsdown on the fanservice(Not a big fan), but since it was in the manga in the first place, kinda adds to the charactersa tiny bit, and is the only real case of it, I'll let it slide. Big awesomeness to Anderson, can't wait to see the fights between him and Alucard. I wonder who they'll get to do the voice acting for everybody, hoping the originals they did a damn good job. I'm also wondering who they'll get to play the likes of Rip Van, Pip, and The Major. Is Geneon(or was it Pioneer?) handling the dub for this one as well or has that info yet to be announced? Is there any word on how many episodes this will run?

Overall: Very excited.

Dub Pip BETTER be French! And Millenium BETTER ALL have German accents.

Even the Valentines?

The Valentines need the same VA's as last time. ~does the Jan laugh~
Sharpshooter005 01-23-2006 01:09 PM
I'm going to go collapse in the corner, grinning, and twitching slightly right about now...since...Oh god so awesome.
The Baker St. Irregular 01-23-2006 04:43 PM
Police Girl, you slut. Anime Smile

Crispin Freeman better reprise as Alucard, or I'll set fire to anything that moves.
Generalissimo D 01-23-2006 05:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
Police Girl, you slut. Anime Smile

Crispin Freeman better reprise as Alucard, or I'll set fire to anything that moves.

Mistress-Samwise, until I see some hardcore Seras banging, its an OVA not an OAV.
Darkside 01-23-2006 06:25 PM
So screenshos, does that mean a RAW is floating around somewheres on the internet?
Sharpshooter005 01-23-2006 06:33 PM
quote:
So screenshos, does that mean a RAW is floating around somewheres on the internet?

Yes and no.

A 30 minute version which is an edited together version of the first episode is.

The first episode, however, will apparently be 50 minutes long.

I'll give you all a second to catch your breath after reading that, sort of like I did when I first heard it. Big Grin
Darkside 01-23-2006 06:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

Yes and no.

A 30 minute version which is an edited together version of the first episode is.

I'll give you all a second to catch your breath after reading that, sort of like I did when I first heard it. Big Grin

*head assplodes*

Well where can one go about finding this 30 minute version.
Green_Bird 01-23-2006 07:42 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes and no.

*head assplodes*

I can PM it to you.....Though it doesn't have subtitles or anything.....

Also if anyone else wants it just PM me....I don't really want to post the link here.....
Darkside 01-23-2006 09:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes and no.

*head assplodes*

I can PM it to you.....Though it doesn't have subtitles or anything.....

Also if anyone else wants it just PM me....I don't really want to post the link here.....

Not a problem, subtitles at this point are the last thing on my mind.

PM Away Green Bird! Please.
David Ryder 01-24-2006 08:33 AM
lol OAV... Well Pioneer said that it should be coming out over here sometime soon, and yes Mr.Freeman needs to reprise his role, if they get someone else, there's going to be trouble.
Sharpshooter005 01-24-2006 08:47 AM
They took the screencaps down, now I can't go bombard this other forum with them
Green_Bird 01-24-2006 01:36 PM
Seems that it was made into a friends only post. Luckaly though I saved all of them other then the credit screenshots....And here they are if anyone missed them.....
dominusofdeath 01-24-2006 04:56 PM
I didn't like it...........
Darkside 01-25-2006 05:35 PM
Is there supposed to be audio on the video?
dominusofdeath 01-25-2006 05:47 PM
quote:
Is there supposed to be audio on the video?

Looks like you have a codec error boy. Have no idea what codecs it uses though.
Green_Bird 02-27-2006 05:09 PM
Just finished waching the full first episode on Youtube (If you want to see it type in Hellsing OVA, it's split up in to two parts however, but they are subbed.). And I must say that it's actually pretty good. Better then the TV series. Although a little bloody, but what the heck, so is the manga. Not to mention that it's a little bit on the limited animation side...but who cares atleast there's no drug indused Gonzo characters in it and it stays true to the manga.

Leif had white hair and Jessica had brown hair. I know that really isn't important...but I kind of like it better then Jessica having blue hair and Leif having black. Not to menton we don't have to sit through them for a whole episode like the TV series was. Seeing as how they were two of the most useless characters and were really only there for a learning exsperiance for Seras.

The dream sequence was hillarious. Can't wait to see what they do with the Harkonnen dream when they do it and the Jackal dream if they deside to add that in.

Sometimes it seemed as if they did add in some shots from the unused TV series trailer (The one with The Major, Doc, and Captain). It seemed that way to me. I mean if it wasn't for
spoiler (highlight to read):
Headless Alucard
I would have said they barrowed that part in the Alucard Vs. Anderson fight from the trailer. Also the part where he regenrates from being cut up by Anderson was the same angle as it was in the TV trailer.

Speeking of, the fight was good. The manga come to life in that part. Integra actually has a sword this time,
Alucard was cut up and decapitated
, then wrote a message to seras in his blood, and regenerated like he was suposed to, Anderson teliported using Bible pages like he was suposed to, and not by car. And best of all there was no Enrico Stivleti, Mick, and Capt. Garith to ruin the fight.

The fan service is up. Lots of shots of Seras' boobs and crotch in the beguining where the Chedder Priest was exsplaning to her how he was going to
Rape her
so he could make her a ghoul insted of a vampire. Although with some of the looks Alucard gives in it, there's Fan service on both sides so to speek. So things even out there.

Some of Seras past in reveled in the first episode, unlike the manga where we had to wait until Zorin's Illusion to see what happened to her parents.
I also liked how they took the "master of monster" parts and mixed them in with the episode.

Love to see the redo of the Jan and Luke part, as well as anime Pip without the scarf on as we see him in the OVA trailer. Personaly I can't wait for this to come out here!
Sharpshooter005 02-28-2006 09:10 AM
quote:
the full first episode on Youtube

Oh so thats what I'll be doing instead of actual work today.
Green_Bird 03-20-2006 11:29 AM
The second OVA DVD will feature Integra on the cover....Here is a very small and bad quality pic to give you an idea on what the cover will look like:

Sharpshooter005 03-21-2006 07:08 PM
gah. The wait for episodes of this is interminable.
Green_Bird 03-28-2006 11:44 AM
I give you the really big good quality scan of the second DVD!