Hellsing OAV!

Green_Bird 10-10-2005 06:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Sweetness! I've got an orignal fan sub on my computer and this is so totaly exciting.

Wait...theres...already an episode of this new one out?

If there was....the LJ community and Bloodknight forums would be all over it by now. Mage was probaly just reffring to the TV series. Because there was nothing on the YKO DVD other then the trailer. It's not due out until December, so it'll be awhile before the fansubs come out...
Randolph 12-28-2005 04:07 AM
I'm somewhat taken aback there's been no topic on this.

I wonder what's been heard and said about the Hellsing OVA
that's currently out in Japan. Are there even enough fans here to garner
a decent thread discussion?

I've seen nine of the thirteen episodes of the previous Hellsing anime by
Studio Gonzo, and while the animation was fairly poor, I thought the
story and concept were pretty good. I've got the first volume
of Kohta Hirano's Hellsing manga, which is also good.

If this new series has a better storyline taken directly from the manga,
as well as better animation by a new studio, I can imagine it being
quite an experience.

Anyone care to expand on this?
David Ryder 12-28-2005 04:22 AM
eh? shouldn't this be in the anime/manga discussion? anyways, The first hellsing OVA was decent, if it's out in japan I'm surprised it hasn't been liscensed yet.
Randolph 12-28-2005 05:04 AM
Arrrgh! I must apologize for my, once again, misplaced topic.
It has been some time since I posted here regularly, and my memory of the layout is damaged.... Please, forgive my ignorance.

I will be more careful in the future... again.
Sharpshooter005 12-28-2005 07:20 AM
This raises a good question.

It's december 28th..shouldn't it...already have come out? Or has it just not hit the internet yet.
Green_Bird 12-28-2005 12:16 PM
For those wondering where the first episode it...It has been moved around...alot......It moved from December, to January, and now to Febuary (Acording to the YKO site). That's why it hasn't come out yet.

Sorry about not keeping people updated on the OVA lately....I forgot Embarrassed Sweatdrop ....
Green_Bird 01-22-2006 07:33 PM
Sorry for double posting, it has been a while since anyone posted here....But....I have good news.....I come bearing....EPISODE 1 SCREENSHOTS!!!!! (warning: lots of gropping and Seras's boobs).... Yeah....a lot of fanservce on Seras's part....but the animation is much better then the TV series....

I personaly can't wait until this is dubbed. Mainly because I want to see the first fight between Alucard and Anderson....because I really didn't like Gonzo's fight....it was over too quick.....

Well folks....the manga is finaly animated....and the best part is, no goofy drug-indused characters made up by Gonzo!
Sharpshooter005 01-22-2006 07:38 PM
This isn't licensed yet to my knowledge.

So when I say "internet don't fail me now", the implied request in that statement is on the level, isn't it.
Generalissimo D 01-22-2006 07:40 PM
...So the OAV spelling ISN'T a typo. w00t pr0n.

Seras's boobs look more...uhh...round. And Anderson looks absolutely badass.

Anyone else wondering whats up with the Bird of hermes thing?

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
...and the best part is, no goofy drug-indused characters made up by Gonzo!

10 points for inducing a case of totalulz.
Travis Bickle 01-22-2006 07:45 PM
Mama's got some big ole t*****s.
Sharpshooter005 01-22-2006 07:54 PM
quote:

"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame" or something similar is carved on Alucards coffin in the manga.

My implied question stands, yeah.
Travis Bickle 01-22-2006 08:04 PM
quote:
"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame"

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that finds that equally as badass as the entire Ezekiel 25:17 speech?
Generalissimo D 01-22-2006 08:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame"

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that finds that equally as badass as the entire Ezekiel 25:17 speech?

Yes.
Fujiko 01-22-2006 08:16 PM
wootness! New Hellsing! Big Grin
Sephiroth 01-22-2006 08:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
...So the OAV spelling ISN'T a typo. w00t pr0n.

Seras's boobs look more...uhh...round. And Anderson looks absolutely badass.

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
...and the best part is, no goofy drug-indused characters made up by Gonzo!

10 points for inducing a case of totalulz.

Wow, those screens are simply awesome, except for the odd groping thing. I like the fact that they made the ghouls look cooler, since they were pretty lame in the old sieres. The animation looks improved as well.

In regards to the Bird of Hermes saying:
spoiler (highlight to read):

In the manga it's inscribed on Alucard's coffin. It's from the Ripley Scroll, an alchemic text.
Darkside 01-22-2006 08:55 PM
This is good. VERY good. Thumbsdown on the fanservice(Not a big fan), but since it was in the manga in the first place, kinda adds to the charactersa tiny bit, and is the only real case of it, I'll let it slide. Big awesomeness to Anderson, can't wait to see the fights between him and Alucard. I wonder who they'll get to do the voice acting for everybody, hoping the originals they did a damn good job. I'm also wondering who they'll get to play the likes of Rip Van, Pip, and The Major. Is Geneon(or was it Pioneer?) handling the dub for this one as well or has that info yet to be announced? Is there any word on how many episodes this will run?

Overall: Very excited.
dominusofdeath 01-22-2006 08:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
This is good. VERY good. Thumbsdown on the fanservice(Not a big fan), but since it was in the manga in the first place, kinda adds to the charactersa tiny bit, and is the only real case of it, I'll let it slide. Big awesomeness to Anderson, can't wait to see the fights between him and Alucard. I wonder who they'll get to do the voice acting for everybody, hoping the originals they did a damn good job. I'm also wondering who they'll get to play the likes of Rip Van, Pip, and The Major. Is Geneon(or was it Pioneer?) handling the dub for this one as well or has that info yet to be announced? Is there any word on how many episodes this will run?

Dub Pip BETTER be French! And Millenium BETTER ALL have German accents.
Darkside 01-22-2006 09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Haruka
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

Even the Valentines?
Sharpshooter005 01-22-2006 09:18 PM
I'm getting impatient, this just looks that good.
thebravest1 01-23-2006 07:41 AM
quote:
This isn't licensed yet to my knowledge.

Actually Geneon will releace the information on when it will come to the US sometime this fall.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Haruka

I hear you 100% I mean they just wouldn't be Nazi Wampires if they weren't german.