Hellsing OAV!

BabyGhia 07-06-2005 07:26 PM
*squeals*

Now I really want to see it even more.. not that I didn't really want to see it before. I just want to see more now. It's going to be SO badass when its done.

*waits impatiently*

Thanks for posting that, Green_Bird! Wonder how long it will be until we can find a copy of the trailer. I want to see it.

BabyGhia
Sara Comatori 07-06-2005 07:52 PM
THIS IS GONIG TO BE FREAKIN AWSOME!!!!!!! *SHAKES AND TWICHES UNCONTROLABLE* AHHHHH! SO MUCH ANDERSON! SO MUCH MAJOR!!EEEEHHH! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Drooling Drooling Drooling
Green_Bird 08-18-2005 03:19 AM
Can this be? YES some one posted the trailer over at the Hellsing LJ community! And here is the link: http://www.geocities.jp/syokunwatashiha/

The quality isn't that good but....IT'S THE FREAKING TRAILER! Pip, Major, Rip, Girlycard, Manga Seras, Integra w/ a sword, the attack on the carrier and the one on London, all animated. Yay Big Grin ! I...MUST...SEE...THE....OVA...NOW! Shocked

Sorry if this is illegal or anything...I just thought people here would like to see the trailer.....
dominusofdeath 08-18-2005 11:06 AM
The animation sucks.
Darkside 08-18-2005 11:45 AM
As a noob to the manga story (just finished vol. 6, from Dark Horse) this is something that makes me jump with joy. Something I haven't done since the announcement of the Transformers movie. Seeing the fight between ANderson and Alucard is awesome enough, but seeing Rip (whom I have a bit of a crush on :embarassed) and her magic bullet as well as Seras with the Harkonnen Mk.II is all sorts of awesome.
BabyGhia 08-18-2005 12:25 PM
You can't really tell too much about the animation from that trailer but still great to see regardless. Looks like they are trying to stay with the same animation style. I guess we'll see more when they get further along with the project. Should be cool when they are done with it though.

BabyGhia
dominusofdeath 08-18-2005 01:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
As a noob to the manga story (just finished vol. 6, from Dark Horse) this is something that makes me jump with joy. Something I haven't done since the announcement of the Transformers movie. Seeing the fight between ANderson and Alucard is awesome enough, but seeing Rip (whom I have a bit of a crush on :embarassed) and her magic bullet as well as Seras with the Harkonnen Mk.II is all sorts of awesome.

Rip is teh SEX!

quote:
Originally posted by BabyGhia
You can't really tell too much about the animation from that trailer but still great to see regardless. Looks like they are trying to stay with the same animation style. I guess we'll see more when they get further along with the project. Should be cool when they are done with it though.

BabyGhia

No. They changed the animation style. It's gonna be CG heavy. Translation: sh**
BigPrime 08-18-2005 01:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath

No. They changed the animation style. It's gonna be CG heavy. Translation: sh**

The animation style looks closer to the manga than the old series did, at least characte-rwise. When it comes to CG, well, Gonzo does have its own CG division (Gonzo Digimation), it explains why they use it so much. Still, beyond 1 aircraft carrier, 1 modifed Blackbird and 3 zepplins, there isn't much in Hellsing that lends itself to 3d work.
Green_Bird 08-18-2005 02:33 PM
I agree with BabyGhia, you can't tell a lot by the trailer. Anyone remember Psalm of Darkness? I mean that had some CG in it too, as well as the (then non existent) anime versions of Major, Doc and Captain....If anyone saw that before seeing the actual TV series, then they might think that they were in it. Not to mention that it was sort of flashy as is this one, I mean with all the anime-excluded-manga-basised scenes and fighting. This is what this reminds me of, except for the fact that it is staying true to the manga and the characters and some of the scenes that are in it will actually appear in the anime this time.

I don't like a lot of CG in anime either, but this is different...who knows some of those CG heavy scenes could very well be limited to the opening (Mainly the Alucard vs. Anderson fight). You never know until you see it.
Darkside 08-18-2005 07:57 PM
Gonzos probably stuck on CGI. Since they're still doing the animation for Transformers: Galaxy Force, and GF is heavy on the CG. In fact every transformer is computer rendered, while the humans get the usual cel treatment. They're probably just doing it for cars and the big mechanical stuff, like the Harkonnen MK.II and the Majors blimps.

It shouldn't be too bad, the animation in my sig is from Galaxy Force, the graniyness is just the result of the editing.
Green_Bird 08-18-2005 08:13 PM
Um...did I mention that Gonzo isn't doing it this time around....Gonzo's just the License Holder...This time it's Satelight doing the Production (w/ Geneon and 'Wild Geese') and Animation Production.

quote:
3) Someone asked about the fall out with Gonzo. Hirano-sensei said there was a small problem but he was not bothered by it. He also mentioned that there were problems with Gonzo even when the original Hellsing was about to begin. The producer also mentioned they liked what the new studio was doing (and judging from the clip, it is VERY good!).

From this post on LJ I posted a while back
Darkside 08-18-2005 08:34 PM
I must have missed it then...
Green_Bird 09-20-2005 10:43 AM
The offical Japanese Hellsing site put up a better trailer...

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/

Windows media only, I'm afraid...

The release date is also listed, it will be out December 9th. YKO (The one with Girlycard and young Walter on it) also has a preview DVD...
BethMcBeth 09-20-2005 03:59 PM
Wow thats awesome. I can't wait! ^_^" The animation looks so nice and crisp and as always its great to see Alucard in action. ^_^" Thanks for the site Green Bird!

-Beth
BabyGhia 09-20-2005 10:31 PM
From the little bit that I saw, the animation looks more like the manga. Couldn't really tell what was going on in the trailer.

Can't wait to see it.

BabyGhia
Generalissimo D 09-20-2005 10:56 PM
F
I
N
G

ANDERSONG!

Drooling

I am soooooooooooooo getting this.
Green_Bird 10-05-2005 01:07 PM
!!!!!! FIRST DVD COVER ART !!!!!!

Sorry for the bad resulution, I got it off of someone who got it off of Amazon Japan....

My guess is Alucard's face is skull-like. Though if you think about it, it's much better then the TV DVDs were. Let's hope that when it's released in the states, they keep the same cover art....
spiked-knives 10-05-2005 10:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
quote:
More Hellsing anime on the way (2005-04-19 02:47:54)

A new Hellsing OVA series is being produced in cooperation with Geneon Entertainment, according to an annoucement at the MipTV tradeshow in France. The number of episodes is unknown, but they will be 35 minutes long and based on the Hellsing manga series.

animenewsnetwork.com

Huzzah! It's gonna be great, I know it! The manga is hella crazy, and I'm glad to hear we're going to be able to see it in anime form. That means it's time to bust out the wacktastic Nazi-killing! Whoo-hoo! Anime Smile

though the other anime counterpart was ok, this will own it!

the manga kicked severe assage, so im sure the anime will as well. man i can't wait. TEH NO LIFE KING RETURNS!!!! yayayyaya
Mage 10-09-2005 02:10 AM
Sweetness! I've got an orignal fan sub on my computer and this is so totaly exciting.

(The person looking over my sholder is as close to drooling as you can get with him.)
Sharpshooter005 10-09-2005 02:25 AM
quote:
Sweetness! I've got an orignal fan sub on my computer and this is so totaly exciting.

Wait...theres...already an episode of this new one out?