[Suggestion] Theory section in fan works

paul1290 04-11-2005 06:56 PM
I think that there should be a theory section in the fan works section on the web site where we can submit various theories to explain various things in Big-O. I currently have 3 theories on the Smith Mansion Forums (actually 5 because two of them are actually two theories on the same thread) that I spent a lot of time and thought on and I would hate to see them sink into the backround of the forums completely unnoticed. The theories section could be divided into sections based on the subject of the theory, like story/plot, gadgets, megadeus weaponry, characters, android tech, and some others.

Maybe if there are two opposing theories explaining the same thing we can have a poll on which one you think is more likely.

Again, if someone has posted about this then feel free to delete this thread.
Mugiwara Luffy 04-11-2005 07:18 PM
This sounds like what the Smith Mansion is for. I'm sorry that your theories go unnoticed but the fact is that most of the people here have discussed Big O to death. Now it seems like the Speakeasy is the most popular forum.

There are some people who have just discovered the serious and some older members still like to read new theories. I'll occasionaly stop by the Mansion and read some, as long as they are actually new and not something that someone came up with 8 months ago.

The only way to really solve this problem would be a Season 3 of Big O. This would generate new fans and revive interest in the show thus making the Smith Mansion more active. As for now, it seems to me that the theories should stay in the Mansion and the Nightengale Club should remain a place for original fan works.
Mr. Peabody 04-11-2005 07:54 PM
I agree with Lt. Sanji. There's no use in having a theory section when newbies or veterans to the boards are posting theories every hour of every day in the Smith Mansion.
pen1300 04-11-2005 07:59 PM
Actually, if I remember rightly, Krang and Shredder have accepted essays. I could be confusing this with SaveBigO.com. None the less, I believe there is an essay section around here somewhere (I couldn't find one though...I'll keep looking a little longer [you can thank the librarian in me Big Grin ]).

If there's not, I propose that we have an essay section, that way, you can present your theories and people can read it (along with some other ideas. I have an essay in mind that I need to write). Big Grin

EDIT: Found the essay (I think). On the articles page. (Megadei and Memories).

Later,
Pen1300
Mugiwara Luffy 04-11-2005 08:21 PM
An essay section would be a good idea!

Of course, like fan fiction, the essays should fully developed and well written! Big Grin You can't just have a little paragraph that says "maybe this could be right possibly..."
Captain Maw 04-11-2005 08:46 PM
albeit a good idea, i have to agree. although an essay section is nice, but i have no knowledge of one.
If a season 3 comes, than this idea may actually see light....
too bad there's not enough interest, seeing how Smith Mansion posts and threads are smaller than the speakeasy's or whatnot.
Krang 04-11-2005 10:24 PM
Good idea, paul1290, but there are way too many theories to keep track of, and it would be a little repetitive to have them listed both on the site and on the forums. If you want your theories to have a more permanent place where they won't scroll off the page, feel free to compile them into an article/essay and submit it to us as Pen suggested. That goes for anyone else who has any kind of analysis or theory about Big O that they want to submit, also. Smile