Episode 22 Discussion: "Created Human"

evanASF27 04-09-2005 10:23 PM
Well...I didn't see this around...and supposedly the episode is on in about 7 minutes Smile

So go on...discuss!
Shredder 04-09-2005 10:41 PM
Thanks, Evan!
Raven 04-09-2005 10:59 PM
Heh.. Cool episode. Revealed a lot about the underlying plot of the show. However, I was wondering if we are ever going to see a Pride and Wrath, or have we already?
Sephiroth 04-09-2005 11:05 PM
OH MAN! Homunculi action! This episode was heaven for me. We got to see just how bad the villians of this series can be. Kimblee is one merciless guy, but his power was quite awesome. We get to see the beginning of his wonderful relationship with Greed and his gang at the end as well. Also, we know now the motivation of Lust, she simply wants to be human. Envy appears to have some kind of hatred towards Ed's father too. Obviously, Ed is not as easy to control as it appeared in last weeks episode. I don't think it was ever his intention to transmute the stone for Tucker or the homunculi. I wonder what effect the stone ingredients had on Ed while he stood there. Lust said that he could become a god. Also, what was the bad place Gluttony was talking about? Scar was down there, and nothing happened to him. Why would Gluttony and Lust be so afraid of it?

P.S.
Did anyone else notice that the Fuhrer's voice actor was changed? He doesn't sound like Sean Connery anymore.
evanASF27 04-09-2005 11:09 PM
Must...not...read...posts.....yet...

I couldn't watch it at 11:30 because my dad was in the middle of a movie @___@;;;; GAH! Now I gotta wait till 2:30 X_X
AlexRosewater 04-09-2005 11:23 PM
The episode was the best one of the whole series in my personal opinion. It showed and went more into detail about The Philospher's stone and it's true evil of humanity.
Green_Bird 04-10-2005 12:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Heh.. Cool episode. Revealed a lot about the underlying plot of the show. However, I was wondering if we are ever going to see a Pride and Wrath, or have we already?

Yes...we accualy have seen Pride...

(((WARNING: BIG HUGE MAJOR SPOILER, READ IF YOU DARE! IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY REVEAL WHO, DON'T READ!!!)))

spoiler (highlight to read):
It's Bradly....Though in the manga he's Wrath because anime Wrath doesn't exsist there., Hehe...I took an extra step to make this spoiler dubble bolted so to speek by making the text small. Because, it is big for people who are waching the show for the first time, or ones that haven't been spoiled yet.

As for Wrath, he'll be coming soon. That is, if AS plays 27 and up....

But anyway tonights was really, really good! The ending was a little sad. And Envy's voice sounds like mine when I wake up in the morning O_o . But still....The episode was great....the show is getting better and better each episode ^_^ .
Ano Hito 04-10-2005 01:09 AM
Tucker still freaks me out.

Nice epsiode, lots of action and such. Also, I just love the dynamic between the two brothers. And Envy is awesome.
Wingnut 04-10-2005 10:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
Originally posted by Raven

Yes...we accualy have seen Pride...

(((WARNING: BIG HUGE MAJOR SPOILER, READ IF YOU DARE! IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY REVEAL WHO, DON'T READ!!!)))

spoiler (highlight to read):
It's Bradly....Though in the manga he's Wrath because anime Wrath doesn't exsist there., Hehe...I took an extra step to make this spoiler dubble bolted so to speek by making the text small. Because, it is big for people who are waching the show for the first time, or ones that haven't been spoiled yet.

As for Wrath, he'll be coming soon. That is, if AS plays 27 and up....

But anyway tonights was really, really good! The ending was a little sad. And Envy's voice sounds like mine when I wake up in the morning O_o . But still....The episode was great....the show is getting better and better each episode ^_^ .

FIrst time viewer and I can't really say I'm surprised that he is Pride. It fits all too well really.
Captain Maw 04-10-2005 11:43 AM
wait, why didn't Ed just make the Philosopher's Stone, and use it to destroy the Homonculus, than use it to restore Al. Kill (literally) one bird and restore another with one stone. (haha, witty, i know, just thought of it). i mean, please don't tell me about his moral issues, he was just about to waste a whole crowd of scientists. or, why doesn't he just kill the homonculus, once they're human, i mean, it'll be easier right?
R-DtheDarkAngel 04-10-2005 12:18 PM
Dorothy voice: "The death of those people would be against Edward's morals, what more is there to say?...he is one alchemist who is yet untainted by his craft, his will is for that of his brother's life, not the seeking of power or more death"
Gato Gurl914 04-10-2005 01:07 PM
i didn't see what the big deal was anyway. those prisoners were condemed to die one way or another.........and as far as the homunculi go they were in fine form. i cant wait till greed is in more.
Zopwx2 04-10-2005 01:38 PM
Actually although this episode was pretty interesting most of the big revelations were stuff that they already heavily implied or hinted about before hand.

Otherwise they're constantly bringing up the question of what does it mean to be human, if they can make homuncli and transfix souls to armour then what makes someone human.

So ed won't kill anyone to get his brother back to normal, although there doesnt seem to be any way around it.

Whatever I'll have to keep watching
Sephiroth 04-10-2005 01:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rogerlover14
i didn't see what the big deal was anyway. those prisoners were condemed to die one way or another.........and as far as the homunculi go they were in fine form. i cant wait till greed is in more.

I think Ed's problem is, that by throwing the prisoners lives away, he would be acting as if they were somethign less than human. By doing that, he would be saying Al is even less human than they are, because he doesn't have a body to lose. Also, Ed didn't know what they had done, the state can be pretty corrupt, and who knows if those people really should have been condemned. The only one who actually appeared to have deserved it was Kimbley, and he had escaped with Greed.
MercZ 04-10-2005 02:04 PM
One thing i wondered about is when that lady said to the other homolicists (SP, sorry), while she was beating up Ed. "He's got that bastard's blood flowing through him!!!!". I'm guessing ed's father isn't very liked.
Jane 04-10-2005 02:21 PM
I didn't get why Ed didn't die at the end. I thought that the "red water" stuff used to make the philosopher's stone was supposed to be deadly.

Also, I like that Ed made the choice not to make the stone. Even if it really would give Al his body back, I don't think either of them could handle the guilt that they had used someone else's life to fix their own. I'm also curious about Scar and what his opinions on Ed and Al are now. It seemed like after he saw Ed let the men go, he decided to help them. I wonder if that will stay true, or if he'll be back as an opponent. One way or another, he's a handy guy to have around when there's homuncli about.

I'm also curious about their father. I always had a suspicion that he had something to do with all of this. I just wonder what it is.
Captain Maw 04-10-2005 02:31 PM
I think Scar doesn't really wanna kill Ed, he just gives teh impression of it,he could've wasted Ed a long time ago if he really wanted to....
angelcakes 04-10-2005 02:39 PM
Wow, incredible episode.

quote:
Tucker still freaks me out.

Yeah, I agree. His voice is what scarys me the most. And he's working with the homunculi...

Poor Ed, having to decide between his little brother and his morals. His decisions showed that he is more grow up than I used think he was.

I missed the first 15 minutes of this episode...but the ending was very sad. I think I was tearing up a bit (that may have been because I had been watching The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood before that...but...eh...)

Edit:

quote:
I think Scar doesn't really wanna kill Ed, he just gives teh impression of it,he could've wasted Ed a long time ago if he really wanted to....

I don't think that's it. He wants to kill all state alchemists, because of their 'more than questionable' method. At first he did want to kill Ed, because he was a state alchemist. But now Ed has proved himself as a good person to Scar, and that is probably why Scar doesn't wish to kill him. That and talking to Al about Ed is probably why.
NVWC2006 04-10-2005 02:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jane
I didn't get why Ed didn't die at the end. I thought that the "red water" stuff used to make the philosopher's stone was supposed to be deadly.

Also, I like that Ed made the choice not to make the stone. Even if it really would give Al his body back, I don't think either of them could handle the guilt that they had used someone else's life to fix their own. I'm also curious about Scar and what his opinions on Ed and Al are now. It seemed like after he saw Ed let the men go, he decided to help them. I wonder if that will stay true, or if he'll be back as an opponent. One way or another, he's a handy guy to have around when there's homuncli about.

I'm also curious about their father. I always had a suspicion that he had something to do with all of this. I just wonder what it is.

I too was thinking that at first. However, I've come to the conclusion that a little bit of exposure to completely unrefined redwater will cause pain or death to the untrained. Ed has since the first redwater incident gained some power. Also, though Lust called the water 'unrefined', I believe it was still more potent than the water the we had seen before. By stepping in so much water, while Ed still had those markings on the floor and cieling, and being much stronger, and having such strong emotions running through him at the time, I believe it triggered the power in the water, and he absorbed it all and was just standing there as the power coursed through him, dumbed by its affects on him until his emotions were calmed down.

I'm betting after he recovers, he will be an even stronger alchemist.
Captain Maw 04-10-2005 02:51 PM
you bet, did you see the stuff that happened??? the lance coming out of his hand? the huge pointy rocks that came outta the ground... .damn, that's some bling