Episode 21 Discussion: "The Red Glow"

nathjan 04-02-2005 09:16 PM
figured i'd start the Discussion thread alittle early this week. just to let everyone know there will not be a second showing this weekend due to daylight savings time ending. so if you miss the 11:30PM showing you'll have to wait till thursday. Enjoy the episode.
Shredder 04-02-2005 09:54 PM
Thanks, nathjan...only a half-hour until the show and it's a good one! Watch this ep closely for details that may be important later.
Green_Bird 04-02-2005 11:44 PM
Tonights was great. Greed's voice was good. I can't wait for the next one. It's getting even more interesting as the arch progresses...But I guess I can make it to next week Wink ....but the part where Scar's brother went crazy...that was kind of creepy. So was Tucker...But like I said...all this is getting more interesting by the minute Big Grin ....
nathjan 04-03-2005 01:59 AM
wow, just wow. this show is like a really big roller coaster with all kinds of twists and loops. i cant wait till next weeks episode to see where this goes.
Travis Bickle 04-03-2005 03:17 AM
I missed this weeks, but I have the entire series on my HD, so I'll take a look at it after work tomorrow. It looks damn good, though.
Ban Mido 04-03-2005 09:21 AM
Yuck.
I can honestly say this Epside made me sick.
Not because of the plot or actors, just the visuals..
Naked Ishbalans
Chimeras' blood spread across the floor like peanutbutter..
AND...
YUUUUCCCKK!!!!!!!
For Tucker..
I almost hurled when I saw him.
He seems to be fused to a brown panda bear...Backwards....
The little fetuses in the jars in Tucker's lab also kinda made me hurl..
*Whines.*
I was heating a burrito too!
Instro 04-03-2005 10:14 AM
Yeah, definitely not an episode for the squeamish. I kind of had a feeling that Tucker was going to show up and I was right. Key to this episode is Ed's internal struggle with doing what is right and honorable and yet continuing to follow his intrigue about the Philosopher's Stone. Despite its price, he's still fascinated by the prospect of human transmutation. I suppose that's another way of demonstrating the presence of the Seven Deadly Sins besides their Homonuclei forms. (i.e. In this episode: envy, pride and greed.)
AlexRosewater 04-03-2005 10:42 AM
The episode explained more about the massacre and the Philospher's stone's power and also closed some plot wholes for me.
Zopwx2 04-03-2005 02:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ban Mido
Yuck.
I can honestly say this Epside made me sick.
Not because of the plot or actors, just the visuals..
Naked Ishbalans
Chimeras' blood spread across the floor like peanutbutter..
AND...
YUUUUCCCKK!!!!!!!
For Tucker..
I almost hurled when I saw him.
He seems to be fused to a brown panda bear...Backwards....
The little fetuses in the jars in Tucker's lab also kinda made me hurl..
*Whines.*
I was heating a burrito too!

It wasn't that bad.

Anyway the plot is getting thicker and more interesting.

So the hominculi are humans created by alchemy... but they've been around for quite a while it seems.

So scars brother figured out something about the P-stone then ...did he destroy ishbal? is that what they're suggesting?

I dunno, I need to stop speclating and just wait for the next ep.
Ano Hito 04-03-2005 07:33 PM
Tucker sure was weird.

I liked seeing Scar and Alphonse "team up" for a bit. Scar seems to be a nice guy when he isn't killing folks.
Ban Mido 04-04-2005 06:54 AM
We all know that most every villain has a nice side.
A smiling face...
And a good heart..
Scar just has weird tatoo on his arm that makes things go boom..
O.o
Wingnut 04-04-2005 08:40 AM
quote:
A smiling face...
And a good heart..
O.o

"I can feel the goodness inside of you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully."
Well, let's just say that Lust and co. are a far greater threat than Fullmetal ever will be.
Big Waddle Inferno 04-04-2005 10:03 AM
Greed, Greed, Greeeeeeeed!

Greed is the best Homonuculus. The shades, the 'tude, the grin, he really truly is the best. You'll see. He's the most likeable Homonuculus of the bunch.

Because he's awesome. Big Grin
Madrona 04-04-2005 11:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
quote:
A smiling face...
And a good heart..
O.o

"I can feel the goodness inside of you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully."
Well, let's just say that Lust and co. are a far greater threat than Fullmetal ever will be.

You're killing me! Laughing

Yes, Greed is probably likable because he's shown more emotions already than all the others put together.

Okay, why has no one mentioned the end? Tucker is leading Ed down a path. He's falling for the bait hook, line and sinker. Did you see the wicked grin Tucker had on when Ed said he was no ordinary alchemist? This is exactly what Tucker and the Humoculi want. ARGH!!! Don't fall for it Ed!!!!
Of course, I'm counting on the #66,Scar, Alphonse trio to come tripping in anytime now.

Visually, we got see how the tatoo on Scar's brother, on Scar and alchemic circle in the lab relate. Is this why the Philosopher's Stone got sucked into Scars hand a few episodes ago?

More!!!

Madrona
Captain Maw 04-05-2005 02:00 PM
i'm sorry, but i laughed when Scar's brother came out. i was like "is he naked?" hahaha, i know.... i know....
Gato Gurl914 04-05-2005 08:24 PM
i agree on the creepyness factor, but barry was in fine form. even if hes a cold blooded killer, i love him hes so funny! XD

and that part when al sheilded scar from the bomb

"Would you move please?"~ Scar

"Ah! yes! *embarrased*"~ Al
BabyGhia 04-06-2005 01:33 PM
This was a great episode. I've watched it twice so far and probably will watch it a third.

Glad that Al was able to see through what Barry said. The scenes between Al and Scar were on the funny side. It's going to be interesting to learn more about Scar's brother. Guess we will find out more about the tattoos since they are also on the wall of the room where Ed and Tucker ended up and where Greed was.

Just a lot happened in the episode. Tucker and Kimblye are back. Greed is introduced. The younger 48 kills himself. Etc.

Can't wait until next weeks. Big Grin

BabyGhia
Gato Gurl914 04-06-2005 09:55 PM
wait wasnt younger 48 already dead?
Captain Maw 04-06-2005 10:28 PM
no, he was the body of the armor, while the older was the head.
those of you who missed it, can see it again on thursday on adult swim, check their schedule
evanASF27 04-06-2005 11:57 PM
was it just me...
spoiler (highlight to read):
or was that a young Alphonse in one of those pods in the preview at the end of the show!!!!??!?!??? O_O

spoiler (highlight to read):
WTF!!!!

I liked this episode. Very very good. This makes you wonder though...how many bad things has the State done?