Episode 21 Discussion: "The Red Glow"

Krang 04-07-2005 01:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rogerlover14
wait wasnt younger 48 already dead?

Both of the #48 brothers (and Barry) have their souls bonded to armor in the same way Al does, so they're not actually dead. But when the younger brother destroyed the seal, the bond was broken and he died.
Madrona 04-07-2005 11:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
was it just me...
spoiler (highlight to read):
or was that a young Alphonse in one of those pods in the preview at the end of the show!!!!??!?!??? O_O

WTF!!!!

I liked this episode. Very very good. This makes you wonder though...how many bad things has the State done?

Hmm, since I was an idiot and deleted the show right away (oopsies!) I'll have to check that tonight.

As for what the State has done. No, they are not very nice people. As I've mentioned in another thread, they are willing to wipe out(or try) an entire people because they didn't like the use of alchemy, or the State, and were willing to fight against it. The head of State and the head of the military are the same thing and there doesn't seem to be any of balance of power. I suspect Roy wants to be Furher for more than just miniskirts.

Madrona
Sephiroth 04-08-2005 12:10 AM
Wow, I am so glad that I flew back early. That episode was great, mainly due to Greed.
we also got a glimpse of the other devils nest members, including Martel the snake. Unfortunatly, my favorite arsonist, Kimblee, was not in the episode.

Tucker was paritcularly disturbing. His chimera form is hideous. However, its hard to understand his intentions. Its obvious that he is insane. I do think he still loves his daughter. I don't think that he intends to use the stone to revive her though. He would more than likely use it and Ed to further his research.

We now know for sure that Lust was created by Scar's brother. I'm quite sure she was the dead thing we saw in his house when we first saw him. Though, I don't understand exactly how she became what she is now, though I do know who did it.

As far as Greed being the most likeable homunculi, for me that is totally true. He really shows emotion and doesn't hide in the shadows like the others.
Gato Gurl914 04-08-2005 06:58 PM
well hey sephiroth isn't that greed in your sig? i liked him the little bit i saw of him.....
Madrona 04-08-2005 07:26 PM
Yes, Sephiroth has Greed in both his sig and avatar. ( sorry if I answered for you )

We did see a bit of Kimbley. Just enough to know what kind of "swell" guy he is.

As for Even's earlier spoiler comment:
Yes, that was an image of Al but I don't think he was in a pod. My guess is that we just saw what Ed was thinking. They seem to show the previews with some loss of context.

Madrona
Sephiroth 04-08-2005 09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rogerlover14
well hey sephiroth isn't that greed in your sig? i liked him the little bit i saw of him.....

Yes indeed it is. I'm on a bit of a Greed binge right now. My avatar, location, and desktop all are Greed related as well. Plus I downloaded about 12 Greed AMVs.
Gato Gurl914 04-09-2005 08:49 AM
he looks like hes having fun...... awww i love him already! XD