PowerPuff Girls to be made into anime.

R.Smith 04-02-2005 01:32 AM
Apparently in Japan, the now cancelled PPG in America is being remade into an anime for Japan.

I can't find any info on this in english, but I found this in Japanese just thought I'd let the PPG fans know about it.

I'll try my best to find more info on it. Big Grin

Travis Bickle 04-02-2005 01:33 AM
They're churning more crap into anime day by day.

This sucks to hear.
evanASF27 04-02-2005 01:37 AM
I ain't thrilled about it either...Neutral Give me the good ol' regular PPG anyday...
R.Smith 04-02-2005 01:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
I ain't thrilled about it either...Neutral Give me the good ol' regular PPG anyday...

Honestly, I'm only happy about it because there won't be any more old PPG made, and besides, it wasn't very good as the show neared it's end. Oh Well
Travis Bickle 04-02-2005 01:41 AM
I didn't really care for it to begin with. That's just my opinion. I also didn't care for Samurai Jack or the later episodes of Dexter's Lab, but according to every Animation expert out there, I'm wrong.
Dork 04-02-2005 01:49 AM
If true that's totally awesome. Esspecially if a new writing team is handling it. It could be really fun. I don't entirely believe it'll happen but I'll buy it if it does.

Old cartoon legends like Batman are continually re-made. I've heard PPG was beyond huge in Japan (and amoungst little girls here in the U.S.) so why not do a re-make? I could see how some PPG fans could be upset by see but if it's done in the same attitude as the original then it's just a nice homage.

muchlove
-Dork
Kittie heavenly6 04-02-2005 01:57 AM
As I said over at the Technodrome earlier, I Just hope they keep the original English voice cast. Tara Strong pwnz us all.

I love the new look! I'll watch it and give it a good chance.

Latah Wink
Not sure who I am at this point Frown
The Big Finale 04-02-2005 08:09 AM
This is an awesome idea. Those costume designs are pretty nice, Mojo is just brilliant, and the weapons are a nice touch (Yo-yo!)

Granted, it's not comparable in terms of quality to, say, Bleedman's doujinshi, but it still looks to be rather good. I'd buy it.
Gummibear 04-02-2005 10:09 AM
I like the idea. Of course I hope that they change the storyline a little ( perhaps make the girls a little older) I really am liking the visual style! It really looks great!
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-02-2005 10:25 AM
u think they give them fingers in anime! lol
Shaoblane 04-02-2005 12:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Apparently in Japan, the now cancelled PPG in America is being remade into an anime for Japan.

I can't find any info on this in english, but I found this in Japanese just thought I'd let the PPG fans know about it.

I'll try my best to find more info on it. Big Grin

*screams bloody murder*

AHHH! AHHH! OH MY GOD! IT BURNS THE EYES!

It looks like Sailor Moon as a little kid...a little chubby kid with wide eyes and...pokeballs and...bubbles of doom and...a yo yo? Confused

Look at the Buttercup based one:
Ph33r my push-mower of doom!!!11one

There's evan a Z at the end! Are their dragonballs too?!
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-02-2005 12:50 PM
i see the anime version the pic in they look better in my opinion! i am no big powerpuff fan but they look a helll a lot better and more human then the cartoon network version!!
R and D 04-02-2005 12:56 PM
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP! Shocked

it looks a lot better, but still i can not grasp the idea. Neutral

*passes out from shock*
Mike 04-02-2005 12:58 PM
I liked Powerpuff Girls way back in the day. But the later episodes kinda sucked. I think they tried to make all their cartoons look like Samurai Jack, and that killed Dexter and PPG.
Green_Bird 04-02-2005 01:46 PM
Oh dear lord Shocked ! It's...uh....cute to say the lest. It would be something to see, though. Blossom looks like a young female, red headed Walter just with a yo-yo instead of wires Laughing ...Think about it. Same pose and all....

I liked the original Powerpuff girls. The home stretch episodes had their moments. But I must say Mojo looks cool, the Prof. looks like a kid, but What I want to know is what they'll do to the Rowdyruff boys and Seducessa (SP). Now that would be interesting.

So...it looks like they can officaly categorize PPG as a 'Magical girl' series now...
Lyinginbedmon 04-02-2005 01:48 PM
Well, Nostalgia usually gets me almost every time. But the basic concept of an Anime version of the Powerpuff Girls does seem interesting. The new models of the girls just don't do them justice though. They're freaks: They spent an entire episode AND movie detailing just how freakish they are. Suddenly, they're much more human and you've lost a major part of what made them unique and lovable. I especially don't think that the new Buttercup model looks good either Frown
Green_Bird 04-02-2005 01:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lyinginbedmon
Well, Nostalgia usually gets me almost every time. But the basic concept of an Anime version of the Powerpuff Girls does seem interesting. The new models of the girls just don't do them justice though. They're freaks: They spent an entire episode AND movie detailing just how freakish they are. Suddenly, they're much more human and you've lost a major part of what made them unique and lovable. I especially don't think that the new Buttercup model looks good either Frown

Though...you can say they tables were turned because the Prof. looks a little freak-ish Tongue . I mean it is kind of hard to grasp that they don't look like they do, but it would just be interesting to see how they handle it. The'll probly make them outcasts rather then deformed freaks....

On a side note...I just love the the Spike and Faye sketch....the lauging man bag's good, too, and I've seen the life size Al before but I still like it. Sorry just had to comment on them....
Mr. Fortnight 04-02-2005 02:19 PM
Why is it that I'm amused by this?

Perhaps it's been a depressing day,
Perhaps I'm bored,
Perhaps I find older powerpuffs amusing,
Perhaps I'm a sucker for ultra-cute anime characters that look like a off-shoot of Megaman.

I'm down. Let me see what this is all about once the episodes start flying off the press... or whatever they use these days for animation.

Color me curious.
Captain Maw 04-02-2005 04:25 PM
ugh, i kinda hate the PPG, but maybe the anime will be different... wait, no it probably wont.
X Prime 04-02-2005 04:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
They're churning more crap into anime day by day.

This sucks to hear.

I have to concur. Making PPG into an anime was just another cheap ploy to cash in on the anime craze in the West.