PowerPuff Girls to be made into anime.

Ano Hito 04-02-2005 05:08 PM
This is just a doujinshi, right?
pen1300 04-02-2005 05:49 PM
I was kind of disappointed with the later episodes of this show. Especially when they decided to remarket them with those nifty tees. I don't know, I'm curious to see it...They look kind of cute.

If true and it comes stateside, heck, I'd watch it. I'm trying to learn not to knock stuff until I've seen it...

Later,
Pen1300
Spooky 04-02-2005 05:59 PM
I dunno...I think Bubbles looks kinda cute....

I think PPG would work well as an anime. In any event, I'm with Pen, if it comes here, I'll watch it. I'll give it a chance, so long as I don't get chased off by terrible previews.

Latah Wink
Token
The Big Finale 04-02-2005 06:38 PM
Here we go, folks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/l...12466393969.jpg

Looks like it will be magical girl, complete with transformation sequence.
Green_Bird 04-02-2005 06:44 PM
Sorry for the Engrish....it's the only way I could translate it....see if you can make sence out of it.:

quote:
In addition, animated cartoon that Toei animated cartoon, Anipreccs, and cartoon network develop jointlyb! after ..going out... Pawapafgarlz Z (temporary)cIt ..possession.. is announced and it is exhibited. This is the one that popular "Power puff girls" is assumed to be a Japanese version in the United States, and a Japanese staff did remake.

Masamata Hideo of Anipreccs that takes charge of Canhiromi of the Toei animated cartoon that handles "Ja witch" etc. and "Alchemist of steel" [Fullmetal Alchemist], etc. et al. participate in the producer. It is said that it starts as a TV animation series of domestic-oriented Japan, and development that puts the global market in view is scheduled.

I don't know what the 'Temparary' means. Must mean that the title is just a working title.

Accualy...after seeing the pictures that Big Finale posted, it looks more interesting then before now that I see more then the character pictures and the poster.. it looks like they made them a bit older too.

Come on you have to think this is a little funny Laughing

Mr. Fortnight 04-02-2005 07:59 PM
OMG... I gotta see this trainwreck! This must be one of those Anime projects CN said it was going to be working on... And is it me, or does Buttercup seem to be the more bad*** ideas of the three? I mean, she uses a SLEDGEHAMMER for cryin' out loud!!!

Can't top that.
evanASF27 04-02-2005 08:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
Here we go, folks.

wow...o_o....meh

I'l watch it just to see if it is good (at all..)

...but notice something interesting here for a moment...second picture from the left, bottom row..
spoiler (highlight to read):
Their legs are one with their spines! ...better known as they don't have @$$es.
R.Smith 04-02-2005 09:01 PM
quote:
Here we go, folks.

Nice find Big Finale!

I'm glad most of you are posting positive replies. Big Grin

I'll be keeping an eye out. Wink
IanC 04-03-2005 11:07 AM
quote:
Here we go, folks.

Looking pretty good. Hope CN release a Press Release about it soon, like they did with IGPX.
JAYCZero 04-03-2005 11:19 AM
Pretty Cool , they should have released it in the U.S it looked
nice , I like the Power
puff Girls as an Anime it should have been
that way. It's just my opinion but I think they look hotter as
Anime Characters
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-03-2005 12:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
nice , I like the Power
Anime Characters

i agree they look a lot better!
JAYCZero 04-03-2005 01:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator_Roger_Smith
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
nice , I like the Power
Anime Characters

i agree they look a lot better!

Thanks Smile man..well I also have to agree also in the fact that,
it would have had a better storyline compared to the Original
PPG in the Original PPG all you
have is the girls fighting
Giant Monster's and beating the Brains out of Mojo Jo Jo.
There isn't much of a plot or a Storyline So I think it wasn't
a mistake to recreate the Powerpuff Girls into Anime.
The U.S should atleast gave them a chance to see
what's going to happen
David Ryder 04-03-2005 06:17 PM
ugh...it seems like they keep churning out more crap everyday. I never liked the PPG, and I know I won't like this. Well with this and IGPX, that's only one more CN produced anime too come out and I know it isn't going too be a 3rd season of Big O....such a waste IMO.
Fujiko 04-04-2005 02:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
They're churning more crap into anime day by day.

This sucks to hear.

Well think about it. It's not American made. It's from Japan. So maybe it won't be as bad (the only exception i can think of is teen titans)

I'm really not sure how to react to this. I was disappointed to hear about PPG's cancellation, but CN had drained them of storylines, so I don't blame them. Even so, they could have gone out with a bang. I guess this is a way of saying they're not done yet. So, whenever they come out here in the US, I'm all up for watching it, see what they do with it. I won't get too excited so that I won't be so let down if it's bad, or too negative about it in case it turns out great.
BethMcBeth 04-04-2005 07:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko

Well think about it. It's not American made. It's from Japan. So maybe it won't be as bad (the only exception i can think of is teen titans)

I'm really not sure how to react to this. I was disappointed to hear about PPG's cancellation, but CN had drained them of storylines, so I don't blame them. Even so, they could have gone out with a bang. I guess this is a way of saying they're not done yet. So, whenever they come out here in the US, I'm all up for watching it, see what they do with it. I won't get too excited so that I won't be so let down if it's bad, or too negative about it in case it turns out great.

I so agree with that! Maybe it will be much better since it will become a Anime and on top of that Cartoon Network did really burn them into the ground.
Tickle Tickle 04-05-2005 02:50 PM
Anime Buttercup is freaking awesome. Can't wait till this comes out...

so someone can fansub it

Really cute, I wanna see how they adapt the villians. God, I can just see S & M Queen Sedusa!
Mr. Fortnight 04-05-2005 03:12 PM
Yeah, Anime Buttercup is a new definition of the term of "Hammertime"!
IanC 04-05-2005 03:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
so someone can fansub it[/SIZE]

Like that would happen. A fansub group trying to fansub this would be stupidty. what with CN been behind it and all.
Lyinginbedmon 04-06-2005 06:26 AM
Having trawled the net for them, I think I prefer this version of the girls to the ones shown on the first page:

Blossom
Bubbles
Buttercup

Yes, I realise that parts of these pictures could be considered 'explicit', but these are the least explicit I could find, so please don't kick me
R.Smith 04-06-2005 06:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lyinginbedmon
Having trawled the net for them, I think I prefer this version of the girls to the ones shown on the first page:

Blossom
Bubbles
Buttercup

Yes, I realise that parts of these pictures could be considered 'explicit', but these are the least explicit I could find, so please don't kick me

Heh, yes, Danny Sulca's work is preferable Wink , but I don't think we'll be seeing the girl's drawn like that in for.....ever?

I've been looking, and I've found two recorded clips of what I assume was played at that event the show was revealed. http://ppgcom.gooside.com/ppgz/ppgz_attack.html
http://ppgcom.gooside.com/ppgz/ppgz_transformation.html

Here's a page with screenshots.http://ppgcom.gooside.com/ppgz/index.html