Anybody here ever been to "Dorothy Fans Anonymous?"

Byranx 09-14-2003 08:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
:sweatdop: Doesn't the forums desciptionsay something about "Big O anime and Manga" in it Sweatdrop

I think we are allowed to post that stuff (the links I mean) ... not too sure..I gotta read the description again :-/

Until we get the full rules written out, here are some basic rules to follow. Anyone who breaks these rules often enough will get a warning, and 3 total warnings will get you banned.

Please try to keep the messages on-topic for the most part.

Please respect other members. Attacking other members on the forums is not allowed. If you get into an argument with another member, please take it to email/PM/IM and keep it off the forums.

Spam of any kind is not allowed. This includes posting useless posts just to increase your rank or post count, double/triple posting (unless the posts were made hours apart), and blatant advertising.

Please avoid excessive use of swearing. The word filters are there for a reason, so don't try to bypass them.

Posting obscene or illegal links/images/text is not allowed.

Discussion of Big O episode downloads or bootlegs is not allowed on these forums.

Posting spoilers (text or images) about anything that happens in a Big O episode that hasn't aired on US TV yet is not allowed (unless either spoiler tags are used or the thread title indicates that the thread contains spoilers). For spoiler images, use URL tags instead of IMG tags so that the image itself doesn't show up in your post.

Each person is allowed to register only one username. If you want to change your username, let me know and I'll change it for you.

You tell me....what's the definition of "obscene"?
The Big Omega 09-14-2003 08:42 PM
I'd say that obscene would be anything featuring extreme violence, offensive gestures, or nudity. I believe that the site fell into that last one. I'm sure that everyone here is mature enough to deal with stuff like that but still...you never know who is on these forums. The last thing that Shredder or Krang, or anyone else for that matter, needs is a lawsuit from a pyscho censorship person *coughRepublicancough*. They could probably win in court, look at lawsuits today, some of the most outrageous ones are winning. Furthermore, many people take offense at this because Big O is a mature-mature anime. It has mature themes while staying mature, no one like Miroku from Inu-Yasha for example. I personally like to view Big O as being a level above most other animes, but that's just me.
Manji 09-14-2003 08:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. ?
Yeah really just cry some more...Baby

Hahahah! Whos the real baby here! Big Grin

Thats pathetic! You care nothing for the worlds youth...
The Fallen Phoenix 09-14-2003 09:21 PM
Everyone...just calm down. Please. Let's not start a war here...Sweatdrop

Please. It'd be best for everyone if we let the matter drop.
evanASF27 09-14-2003 09:24 PM
I'm not going to argue with you Byranx...I'll just PM and get the links for myself Big Grin
It's easier than fighting over them Smile (Plus I'd only look at em once then delete the links Roll Eyes )
Mr. ? 09-14-2003 09:25 PM
Send them to me too please.
Manji 09-14-2003 09:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
Everyone...just calm down. Please. Let's not start a war here...Sweatdrop

Please. It'd be best for everyone if we let the matter drop.

Yes, sir, I apologize for my previous comments Mr. ?, They were unwarranted...
BoneDaddy 09-14-2003 09:42 PM
dood, hook it up. pm me if u cant post it
Redd 09-14-2003 09:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Byranx

You tell me....what's the definition of "obscene"?

obscene:

Offensive to accepted standards of decency or modesty.
Inciting lustful feelings; lewd.
Repulsive; disgusting: “The way he writes about the disease that killed her is simply obscene” (Michael Korda).
So large in amount as to be objectionable or outrageous: “local merchants in nearby stores get hammered by stratospheric rents and obscene taxes” (Joe Queenan).

I copied that right out of dictionary.com. I hope this answers your question.
The Big Omega 09-14-2003 09:46 PM
Yeah, censorship really is overboard these days...never thought I'd get an opportunity to use this post again, but I always save something really good...

In the beginning of the 1950s anime surfaced in Japan, and it was good. The creators began to take what were outlandish ideas at the time and used them, and the people were satisfied, they enjoyed it even. As time went on, the ideas became even more interesting and outlandish; thusly shows such as the Transformers were born. As time went on the people were more than satisfied, they enjoyed it all. Continuing with the flow of time, anime spreader across the world, where it was enjoyed by all of those who could afford a TV and cable. As time continued to flow so did the changes to anime. Some of the great people who had worked and labored on the current vision of anime in that time decided to abandon the foolhardy-ness of a world of pure goodness, other than the villains, and in turn replace it with a much more mature sect. The good people of Japan accepted this and appreciated the new anime, however when it spread to the rest of the world the people were shocked. They did not believe that cartoons could have such mature themes, even though many of their own shows had such things in them, they refused to accept it and in turn they went to the heretics of censorship which they brought to anime which did not need such things. Truly, those who remain faithful to anime in its original form are far and few between, yet they endure. But the brutal campaign of American censorship beats the anime faithful against the rocks of a metaphorical coastline. It has become apparent that nothing can escape the wrath of censorship, not even anime such as Big O, which in many ways represent what truly happens in our world...- the Anime Bible, the Book of New Birth as told by the prophet of the Anime order of the Big O.

Anyway...what do you do? Censorship is overboard these days. That site though, not that I am on a personal vendetta or anything, is just really something that one should not post. Oh well what do you do? We just have to be able to accept this stuff as part of the world and deal with it maturely, I do my best.
Krang 09-14-2003 09:53 PM
Posting links like that is against the forum rules. It should be obvious that "obscene links" would include something like that.

Edit: Just wanted to mention that el_w00t now has a warning for harassing other members on the board and through PMs, and for starting a thread here with obscene pictures from the site previously linked to in this thread.