[Suggestion] Add/Modify the Allowed Post Frequency to several threads

Travis Bickle 04-08-2005 12:28 PM
Not to be an ass or anything, but I don't recall this thread having anything to do with the MFL. If you have a problem with the megadeus profiles, I suggest bringing it up via PM or IM with each other. Otherwise, this would be getting off topic...which it is...

Besides, wasn't there already a thread where this was discussed?

So, anyway...

The picture thread idea is cool. Now all we have to do is modify the rules for the two music threads and the Rate The XXXXX threads. But only if you agree with it, Krang...
X Prime 04-08-2005 12:31 PM
...Look at the text I quoted from Krang Cerpin. Specifically the words after fic.
Travis Bickle 04-08-2005 12:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...Look at the text I quoted from Krang Cerpin. Specifically the words after fic.

Oops?! I kinda missed the megadeus profile thingy... Shocked

Oh well. XD
X Prime 04-08-2005 12:35 PM
Sorry for my tone. Evan just irritated me.
Mr. Fortnight 04-08-2005 02:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign Minneapolis
Okay, I'm confused. I have to wait a few posts in before posting again? In ANY thread or just for the spam prone threads like the Music/Pictures threads?

It would really suck in certain debates when you have to dig through several posts before finding what someone posted.

Just specific threads. I believe it has only been instituted in the Picture's Thread, so far.

Okies. Thanks for the clarification. ^_^
evanASF27 04-08-2005 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Sorry for my tone. Evan just irritated me.

uh huh sure. I'm not going to bother with you X Prime. Long profiles like yours take up more mySQL space than my 1-2 post long profiles (which the exception of Big Acme Supreme and maybe Behemoth), so there could be some little benefits to long profile megadeuses being put into a txt file.

And yes I know this is still going off topic for this thread...but I'm just gonna rap up by saying the reason I posted to other thread was because regardless of how far over the 10000 character limit a profile or a fanfic is, 100 minutes (or what it 140Confused ) seemed a little too long. Since I get the impression that Krang is not going to decrease it to 60 (or something), I'm just gonna shrug it off and live on (since my profiles usually go 2 posts and I'm not close to finishing a fanfic anytime soon).

quote:
As for your disk quota being exceeded... Whose fault is that? Delete old files in dead threads. My Megadeus profiles are far bigger than yours, and only add up to just over 200 KB as of now. I'd be overstating it if I said yours were half that.

Honestly, do you feel the need to try to provoke me almost every time I comment about something with a opinion that is different? I'm tired of that "superior" tone of your posts. Frown Please, stop it.
Captain Maw 04-08-2005 11:58 PM
great. more arguing. can we move onBaby ??? gosh.... i think the .txt file attaching thing is fine. especially for the long ones, like the MFL, i think we shouldn't hamper creativity (how long it is) just because of technicalities.
Krang 04-09-2005 02:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
And yes I know this is still going off topic for this thread...but I'm just gonna rap up by saying the reason I posted to other thread was because regardless of how far over the 10000 character limit a profile or a fanfic is, 100 minutes (or what it 140Confused ) seemed a little too long. Since I get the impression that Krang is not going to decrease it to 60 (or something), I'm just gonna shrug it off and live on (since my profiles usually go 2 posts and I'm not close to finishing a fanfic anytime soon).

Ok, I reduced the double post limit from 100 minutes to 60 minutes. Hopefully that should help in cases where legitimate double posts are necessary while still discouraging any other double posting.
evanASF27 04-10-2005 05:00 PM
Thank you Krang. Cool
Travis Bickle 04-13-2005 04:08 PM
Now about those music threads...

How about a rule that makes it so that one can only post every 15 to 20 posts in the What Are You Listening to? and Song Quotes thread? It takes little to no effort to copy and paste song lyrics, so why not decrease the amount of posts one can....um...posts in these threads?