Horror movies so lame and bad that they are funny.

Nine Kuze 01-24-2006 02:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
all of them released in the past 3-4 years.

-bc

I hear that, man. Gone are the days of real horror movies such as Jason, Micheal Myers (just to name a few) and we get left with the crap they're peddling out now called "horror" films.

The Ring was weak to me, not scary at all. Just so weak with the plot, screenplay, and acting that I found the whole damn thing funny. For some reason when the horse jumped over the ship, my brother and I laughed for a good fifteen minutes. And The Ring Two... don't get me started. This is why sequels where the first movie sucks in the first place shouldn't exist. After the CGI deers (WTF?), I just turned it off and never saw the rest of the movie.

Also, The Village. Bryce Dallas Howard was okay but as soon as I saw the monster, I couldn't stop laughing. Like your body is hurting laughing. Why a monster would be wearing that getup, I haven't the slighest clue.
Peace.
DJX Prime 01-25-2006 10:14 AM
Generally, anything that's the sequel of a sequel. After the first movie (second if you're lucky), it just gets crappy.

Also, Resident Evil: Apocalypse comes to mind. It's like something a friend of mine said: it's like a fanfic that got out of control.
Lady Tesser 01-25-2006 06:30 PM
'Laserblast' - The makers must have found some really bad blackmail on Roddy McDowell to get him in it (as Doctor Mellon), plus it had the funniest looking Ray Harryhausen aliens that looked like shell-less turtles.

The premise was that a fugitive alien is destroyed on Earth by the alien turtles, but he leaves behind this laser weapon that clamps onto people's arms and makes them go psycho. This blond-haired, blue-eyed escapee from a Nazi breeding project (one of those Mr. Universe types turned actors) comes across it and turns from an outsider into a vegence-driven murderer with the laser. In the middle of a desert town. (His mom makes a brief appearance at the beginning of the movie, and I swear she looks like Gates 'Dr. Crusher' McFadden from 'Star Trek:TNG'.)

The alien turtles track him down after he blasts away the bullies and the weed-smoking hick policemen (and a tripping hippie in a VW bus), and finally kill him off.

This movie is notorious for the multiple angle explosion which they repeat to show every single angle. PCT and I pot-shot that by yelling, "And here's the explosion! And here's the explosion from this direction! And the explosion from that direction! And here's a close-up of the explosion! And here's yet another direction of the explosion!"

Thinking on it, the movie even made explosions look lame.
dominusofdeath 01-25-2006 07:52 PM
Land of the Dead. It had John Leguizombie. And that guy from Red Green.
Kairi 01-25-2006 08:03 PM
THE HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND!
Generalissimo D 01-25-2006 08:09 PM
Pinata:Survival Island

This is a movie about a posessed Pinata that kills people. The previous statement is correct. You are not intoxicated. Or at least, that first sentance wasn't made up.
Sharpshooter005 01-29-2006 05:29 AM
quote:
And that guy from Red Green.

Is it possible you're confusing Dennis Hopper with the guy who played red green?

(Oh right, theres a number of spoilers for LOTD coming up)

LOTD was sort of all over the map in a couple of ways...a good chunk of it had the zombies as little more than atmosphere (I know someone might make a case that by that point in the romero universe the zombies HAD become basically just a daily annoyance, but...still...). That whole thing with
spoiler (highlight to read):
Leguizamo's character jacking the dead reckoning
just reeked of "Top superweapon stolen. Ragtag group of misfit mercenaries goes to recover it". Which..huh? The movies about zombies, people are paying to see zombies, not under seige 2 with flesh eating ghouls instead of Steven Segal (though the extras playing the zombies were better actors)

Also the "Big Daddy" thing...I didn't mind him having a gun, the use of tools by zombies (and a guns sort of a tool) has been built up very blatantly since NOTLD. I didn't even mind the communication, it could have been alot worse...I did sort of find the "The zombies are good guys now" thing idiotic. It broke completely with the idea the zombies are just mankind with all traces of civilization removed. Now they're victims?

The social commentary in that was INCREDIBLY forced...just...all of it. It was forced in Dawn and I guess Day, but even then it wasn't as "bad".

I should rent it maybe...I wasn't feeling too well when I saw it, and sort of fell in and out of conciousness for the last 20 or so minutes.

Apparently Romero wants to make a sequel..yes, a DIRECT sequel. The recurrent rumor is it'll be about the same survivors from LOTD. I detest that idea, it breaks the formula COMPLETELY.

So...basically what I'm saying is it wasn't awful, but it really wasn't THAT great I suppose.