I'm a newbie to the show...

Harlequin 03-22-2005 09:29 PM
I've only seen four or five episodes. I have a vague understanding of what is going on, but I have some questions. I saw the episode on (I think) Sunday, 'Truth Behind Truths', and I was wondering...

1) Who is Scar really and why is he after the Fullmetal and his brother?
2) Where's their dad? Is he going to show up, like twenty episodes later like in most anime? And this time he'll be some superpowerful villan?
3) That Homonculi woman with the black hair...what's her name?
4) What does that date in Edward's watch mean?
5) Why is Al losing his memory?

I apologize if I got the names mixed up... >_<;; I'm so scatterbrained.
Ace378 03-22-2005 09:49 PM
hmm how can i answer these without spoilers?
1) We don't know who scar is really yet ( he has a cool story though * revealed later on*) but we do know that his arm stops the transmutation process at the decomposition phase causing the explosion. He is only after the fullmetal alchemist and not his brother al because the fullmetal alchemist is a state alchemist and scar hates all state alchemist for what they did to the ishbal people during the ishbal war.
2) This answer is unknown right now on american television.
3) Her name is lust. There is another humonculi who can transform and her name is envy. and the last humonculi which can eat through anything is named gluttony.
4) The date in edward's watch is the day he and al burned down their house and left their hometown.
5) Actually al isn't losing his memories but more or less they have been distorted but what the armor with the butcher was saying to al. Since al is still a kid he was easily taken back by the riddles the armor was saying to him. also don't forget that ed also said that it is natural to lose memories to make room for new ones.
Harlequin 03-22-2005 09:51 PM
Oh. Those answers make a lot of sense. Thanks very much! ^_^;;
Ace378 03-22-2005 09:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Harlequin
Oh. Those answers make a lot of sense. Thanks very much! ^_^;;

um were you being sarcastic? -_- ?
If you would like me to explain something better i can try to. its just kinda hard to explain things without giving away too much info.
Harlequin 03-22-2005 09:58 PM
Um...no, I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm sorry if it sounded that way.
Ace378 03-22-2005 10:00 PM
lol ok then no worries <(^^)>
If you have any other questions be sure to ask and ill try my best to answer.
Harlequin 03-22-2005 10:02 PM
I think I'm good for now, thanks. Happy