Episode 19 Discussion: "Truth Behind Truths"

Shredder 03-19-2005 10:24 PM
It's almost time for episode 19 of FMA! It's a good one, the beginning of an interesting arc...enjoy! Happy
Sephiroth 03-19-2005 11:02 PM
AWESOME! Well, lets start with the fact that we now know that the government has been working with the Stone for sometime now, and that Lust has been involved (judging by her conversation with the recently returned Envy). Second,Ed has opened up a huge can of worm, when he used his alchemy on the hallway, he disturbed my favorite homunculi
spoiler (highlight to read):
Greed
, aka that guy in the red room. Plus we witnessed the "first appearence of #66, aka
Barry the Chopper, who is going to be a major character from now on.
All in all, a great, story expanding episode.

P.S.
Hughes conversation about his kid was hilarious.
Green_Bird 03-20-2005 12:18 AM
Where is everybody? Did you guys miss it or something? If you did you missed a good episode! *Crickets* Hello? *Looks around*

Why did it have to cut out after it was starting to get good?!?!?! I hate it when shows do that...but I guess I can wait another week...Well Like I said. it was a good episode. Hughes' "Energy boost" was funny Laughing . And Winry made a big mistake ^^; .....

Though...Envy's voice was....a little bit annoying....but I guess I can get used to it the more I hear it...I hope...it's not that it was annoying, annoying, it's just strange to see a character you know is a guy with a woman's voice....that's all. I mean I haven't herd the original so I don't know what he sounded like there. So this is just half of my opinon.
nathjan 03-20-2005 12:59 AM
yeah i'm here, still have 30 mins before it airs here.
Wingnut 03-20-2005 02:52 AM
Yeah, Huges and his showing off of his daughter are always helairous. "Special swimsuit edition with her mother's hat!" Anime Smile Like the AS profile says, Huges always has a picture, or fifty, of his daughter on him.
Zopwx2 03-20-2005 03:06 AM
there was some slight dragging early on with the required "hero almost gives up" stuff but this ep got alot better.

not only has the govt been working on p stones but theyve also done a whole bunch of those soul transfer thingies........ but if its a govt lab why are the experiments in control, and why are they taking orders from the 3 amigos?

and what was up with scars "amazing" word absorbing sphere of doom?
Ban Mido 03-20-2005 09:19 AM
My Theory on Scar's tats:
The formations on his arm are a special form of holy Alchemy, hence is why he resents his brother for putting it on him, seeing as how he hates Alchemy with every fiber of his body.
When he touched the paper, the tatoo on his arm reacted to Marcho's notes on the Philosopher's stone, he reacted by stealing them off the page.
We discussed this on Yahoo at around 2am forgive me if it seems chunked up..
Barry is a soul tranfer as was mentioned before, he is a convict, as mentioned in the show, thus the....oddness...
Everyone loves Barry!
^_^ He's such a nutjob!
Anywho, Greed, I think is one of The Four: Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed theres prolly more than them, as suggested by the feature length FMA movie posted a few topics down.

I beleive that the screw that Winry had was the screw that fit into Ed's shoulder that held the arm in place, tightly. Thus it jerks around in it's connection shaft, causing EXTREME PAIN!
But thats just me...
*Shrugs.*
Sephiroth 03-20-2005 10:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ban Mido
The formations on his arm are a special form of holy Alchemy, hence is why he resents his brother for putting it on him, seeing as how he hates Alchemy with every fiber of his body.
When he touched the paper, the tatoo on his arm reacted to Marcho's notes on the Philosopher's stone, he reacted by stealing them off the page.
We discussed this on Yahoo at around 2am forgive me if it seems chunked up..
Barry is a soul tranfer as was mentioned before, he is a convict, as mentioned in the show, thus the....oddness...
Everyone loves Barry!
^_^ He's such a nutjob!
Anywho, Greed, I think is one of The Four: Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed theres prolly more than them, as suggested by the feature length FMA movie posted a few topics down.

I beleive that the screw that Winry had was the screw that fit into Ed's shoulder that held the arm in place, tightly. Thus it jerks around in it's connection shaft, causing EXTREME PAIN!

But thats just me...
*Shrugs.*

Yes, there are more Homunculi, all of which will appear in the series. There are 7, each named after one of the 7 cardinal sins.Which would be: Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, and Pride. However, I wouldn't really call Greed "one of the Four" because he doesn't like the others, and is more of a rogue force. Also, we have already seen Pride and Sloth, however I won't say where, as that might ruin the surprise.

I guess that was a spoiler.
Ban Mido 03-20-2005 12:09 PM
*Nods.*
Gummibear 03-20-2005 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
And Winry made a big mistake ^^; .....

"Whoopsie!" ^.^ *favorite line of the episode* Anyways this was an interesting episode. The whole prison supply next to the laboratory was pretty disturbing. On the whole a great episode, can't wait for next week!
Ano Hito 03-20-2005 06:20 PM
Envy has a andronygous look and voice for a reason, you know...apparently he can't remember anything about his original self, or somesuch reason.
Krang 03-20-2005 10:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
not only has the govt been working on p stones but theyve also done a whole bunch of those soul transfer thingies........ but if its a govt lab why are the experiments in control, and why are they taking orders from the 3 amigos?

From what has been shown so far, those two experiments are only acting as guards for the lab. More will be revealed about who is in charge in later episodes.

quote:
and what was up with scars "amazing" word absorbing sphere of doom?

quote:
Originally posted by Ban Mido

Yes, there's a little more to it than that, but that's the basic idea.

Also, everyone, please watch it with the spoilers. Not everyone here has seen the entire series or wants to know what happens ahead of time, so if you're talking about something that hasn't been shown on US TV yet, please use spoiler tags. I've had to add them to a few posts in the past, so please be more careful.
Ban Mido 03-21-2005 07:33 PM
Anime Smile
Eee...
*Rubs back of head.*
Sorry Krang-Sama...
I was jus theorising..
*Has seen 19 episodes.*
And the trailer for the movie..But thats it..
I haven't even looked a head in the episode guide...
Anime Smile
BabyGhia 03-22-2005 01:07 AM
Another great episode.

Hughes' method of boosting Scieszka's spirits was classic Hughes. LOL! Poor girl! I hope he pays VERY WELL. She deserves it.

Whoops for Winry! Hopefully it's not a horrible mistake in the end. Oh Well

I think Maria Ross is turning out to get an interesting character. That talk she gave Ed really gave him the boost he needed. Hmm... maybe Hughes should get some pointers from her?? Wink

And they truly did end this episode right before the good part. *sigh* Next week it is. I was bad and read some of the spoilers. But now that I think about it, number 66...
Barry's knife is a big giveaway so I wasn't that surprised. Makes sense now that I think about it.

I'm sure I forgot to comment on something.

BabyGhia
Madrona 03-22-2005 11:42 AM
"...and in vast numbers" gave my husband the creeps.

Maria is a good person. She gave Ed just the kick in the butt he needed. Though once he gave in( far too easily for Ed) to letting them check out the lab, I knew what he was up to. And as my husband said, "They are going to get caught...they always get caught"..Sure enough....

Did you notice that Hughes wasn't just showing her the photo, he was climbing on the desk to show her the photo.?!?! Then he just drops the adoring daddy act to get back to work. Talk about a lightswitch!

Why did that episode seem really short?

I really like the voice for Envy.

Hmm.all I can think of for now.

Madrona
evanASF27 03-26-2005 02:29 PM
ok this is going to be a really pathetic thing to ask here...

but I didn't see this episode...at all...missed both airings X_X...will I be completely lost in tonight's episode becaue of this!? Confused
Shredder 03-26-2005 10:15 PM
Well, the last ep was the beginning of a mini-arc at the 5th Laboratory, so the next one will be a direct continuation. You might want to find an episode summary somewhere to fill you in, but the general idea was that Ed and Al think that some Philosopher's Stone research is going on at the 5th Laboratory (near a prison, with convenient "research subjects"). Ed goes inside and Al stays out, and both end up fighting two armored guardians with bodies like Al's. The very beginning of tonight's show is a repeat of the ending of last week's ep.