...hello.

Harlequin 03-18-2005 03:12 PM
My name is Harlequin. I'm a troubadour of sorts, a wandering bard if you will. I aspire to writing a fantasy novel to counteract the rather formulaic ones that have somehow become successful.

I have been a fan of Big-O for quite a while now, but I have seen very few episodes in the first season. I stumbled upon this website thinking that summaries of the first episodes would help me understand Act 26.

Imagine my surprise and vague delight to discover that nobody else knows what the hell is going on in the show either. ^_^

In my free time I write and draw, play with my border collie named Domo, and do a lot of video gaming. I'm very interested in improving myself and I'm currently studying to get my GED. (I am eighteen this year and have been homeschooled all my life)

Another interesting fact about me is that my family and I are moving to Russia this year. My father is a pastor and he's been called to work with the Russian people. I consider this a fantastic opportunity for story material. It's nice to meet you all.

EDIT: Oh, I've remembered more about myself. ^_^;; I run and administrate my own online forum for roleplays, so I spend most of my time doing that. I own a GameCube and a Nintendo DS; I am a staunch Nintendo fan.
Avenir 03-18-2005 03:21 PM
Allow me to be among the first to welcome you to Paradigm City Forums, Harlequin. Indeed, you are not the only one who was baffled by Big O; a majority, if not all, of us were taken aback by the series. Ironic, I am also homeschooled. It is great to have you with us and best of luck in your endeavours. Happy
Harlequin 03-18-2005 03:25 PM
Heh. Thank you for your welcome; some boards I've been to frown upon 'I'm new' posts so it's a nice touch to see a section specifically for those topics.
Spooky 03-18-2005 04:14 PM
Hi hi!

Welcome to PCF Smile Don't worry too much about being new - most everyone is quite friendly here so you don't have to worry about feeling like an outsider!

Stick around a while and get a feel of things, but above all else, have some fun Smile

Latah Wink
Token
Generalissimo D 03-18-2005 04:26 PM
Welcome stranger! Great name! I hope you are sucessful with your novel. And have fun with PCF.
Lyinginbedmon 03-18-2005 04:55 PM
If you require assistance writing said novel, please don't hesitate to ask me or check the thread for fanfiction helpers in Nightingale
Asirt 03-18-2005 05:08 PM
Welcome to Paradigm City, Harlequin! I hope you have a good time here at the forums. Smile

Be sure to check out the many topics available, but more importantly, have fun with it. Big Grin

If you need anything, be sure to ask the mods or admin, or even some of the members here. Wink

Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Happy

Later,
Trisa
Zopwx2 03-18-2005 05:17 PM
welcome newperson
Pygmalion 03-18-2005 06:40 PM
Greetings, Harlequin, and welcome to our happy domes! I have a "welcome basket" from the Paradigm City Chamber of Commerce. Just don't let Colonel Dastun see the chocolates -- he has a terrible sweet tooth, you know.

Interested in fan works? Bend an ear to Player Piano, one of many interesting stories and pictures in Nightingale forum.

Smith Mansion is your source of analysis and creative guesswork about the show itself.

Ailesberry has tons of info on other anime and manga.

Speakeasy is the home of off-Big O posts and birthday wishes.

Finally, JFK Mark is the place to discuss topics about the boards. There are lively continuing threads on avatars and banners.

Hope to see you around the fora!

Cheers,
Pygmalion
Tabris-kun 03-18-2005 09:21 PM
Welcome to PCF Big Grin
BabyGhia 03-19-2005 02:02 AM
Welcome to the forum, Harlequin!

Big Grin

BabyGhia
BehemothPanzer 03-19-2005 02:55 PM
Welcome to Paradigm City. One homeschooled newbie to the other.

*handshake*
BethMcBeth 03-20-2005 05:40 PM
Hey there!!! Welcome to PCF!!! WAhoo! Theres everything from Fan Art to Fan Fics ! I hope you have a blast and again welcome to PCF!!
R and D 03-21-2005 06:56 AM
hello and welcome to PCF! Big Grin where there is big o 24/7! Tongue

enjoy this brandnew, fresh from the nestle factory CRUNCH bar! Anime Smile and some big o action figures as well! Pleased

enjoy ur gifts and again welcome to PCF! Cool
Almasy 03-21-2005 03:50 PM
Welcome to PCF, Harlequin! I'm Almasy! ^_^

I hope you enjoy your time here! ^_^