[Question] Decrease in post time?

evanASF27 03-17-2005 06:56 PM
The title of this thread doesn't really explain my question....so I'll explain it here Roll Eyes

Is there any possible way to decrease the time between double-posting from the current 1 hour to possibly something reasonable, like around 15 minutes?

Many people here do not double-post unless for a few certain reasons:
  1. They are in the MFL and are posting either a really long turn or a really long Megadeus profile.
  2. They are in an RPG and their character's turn exceeds the 10000 character limit.

An hour just seems too long Oh Well Is there a way to change this?
Wingnut 03-17-2005 07:07 PM
Well I would limit the decrease time to the MFL and perhaps the Nightengale only. For the rest of the forums a longer time would not be needed.
X Prime 03-17-2005 08:19 PM
It's actually a lethal hour and forty minutes... Quite long. The problem is, I don't think Krang is allowed to change that setting per forum. It'd be a global reduction.
Krang 03-17-2005 09:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
It's actually a lethal hour and forty minutes... Quite long. The problem is, I don't think Krang is allowed to change that setting per forum. It'd be a global reduction.

Exactly, and way too many people double post for me to consider removing that setting completely. Sorry that it is affecting legitimate double posts, but those are much less common than people spamming to increase their post counts... I could try reducing it to maybe 60 minutes or so if it would help any, but I don't really want to reduce it much lower than that.