My Chemical Romance

Mike 03-13-2005 06:11 PM
This band is starting to get pretty big. I'm not going to go into some big thing how they're the rebirth of rock, or they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and/or Jesus, but I like them. They're from my area, too, which is also pretty cool.

Anybody else like them?
Redd 03-13-2005 07:17 PM
I LOVE "I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and its video... and I think the lead singer's pretty hot... XD I think I'll probably buy their CD and check out their other songs, they're pretty cool.
Travis Bickle 03-13-2005 07:38 PM
I'm Not OK is...well...ok. I heard the rest of the album and found it to be mediocre. Then again, I am very critical when it comes to Emo and Pop, so you should probobly listen to it yourself before listening to me.
Mike 03-13-2005 07:52 PM
I actually like "Helena" better.

And I hate most emo. Jimmy Eat World is good, though. My brother is completely into the emo scene. Dork.

I dislike most "punk" nowadays too. Like Good Charlotte...ew...Blink 182 was good for awhile but I don't like their new stuff that much.

Oh, back on topic. Apparently, according to rumor, the lead singer of MCR went out with a girl who's brother I was friends with. So I guess she's the source of the pissed-off-ness in the lyrics.
Generalissimo D 03-13-2005 08:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105

I dislike most "punk" nowadays too. Like Good Charlotte...ew...Blink 182 was good for awhile but I don't like their new stuff that much.

Its called ounk. MCR royally pissed me off. Honestly man, everytime I heard it on the radio I would cringe and hiss. IM NOT OK blah blah blah. It makes me sick. I guess my friends loathing of emo rubbed off on me. Something about generic beats like that piss me off...
BethMcBeth 03-14-2005 04:06 AM
Oh wow! I lreally like that "Iam not Okay" Song! WOOT!! ^_^""" Defently cool!
pen1300 03-14-2005 08:10 PM
I've been considering picking up their album based off of the "I'm Not Okay" music video and song. I really think the music video as a "movie trailer" is funny and great! I also find the song really nifty. Have they released any new songs from their album? I usually like to go from hearing two or three songs before I buy it.

Later,
Pen1300
Mike 03-14-2005 08:52 PM
Radio stations here have been playing "Helena" a lot. I believe there's a video for it, too.
Volt 03-19-2005 11:54 PM
Well, I think they're pretty good in terms of their sense of humor. The music isn't really anything special, but the music video for "I'm Not Okay" was pretty funny ("You've got something in your eye..."). I haven't heard any of their other songs, but my sister really likes them. We were actually going to see one of their concerts (I was gonna go because they were playing with The Used... I love/loved The Used), but we couldn't get tickets fast enough. Yep.
StevieV019 03-23-2005 07:54 AM
They hyped a big concert here in the TPA area a couple of weeks ago. Tickets supposedly sold out pretty quickly for them. Stupid as this may sound, I thought "My Chemical Romance" was just the name for the event (re: Lollapalooza, Tibetan Freedom Concert, etc.), until after the fact I realized it was the name of the band playing. Yeah, I know...no comments...

Anyway, I guess that tells you how much I know about the band...I guess Ill have to check them out...
Bllue 04-27-2005 08:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I actually like "Helena" better.

And I hate most emo. Jimmy Eat World is good, though. My brother is completely into the emo scene. Dork.

Good Charllote.*shivers* i'm not even gonna bother spelling them right.
I love Helena! that songs pretty! the video is awesome as well. im gonna borrow it from my friend and burn it. yay!
Otherside 04-27-2005 09:07 PM
I really like this band, my favorite song from these guys is Thanks for the Venom, I really like that song.
Travis Bickle 04-28-2005 07:04 PM
Time for me to be a hypocrite.

A certain someone influenced me to pick up this album yesterday, and I put it in the PC to give a good listen to it (instead of what I did before, which was not pay much attention to it while it was playing).

It kicks ass.

The best tracks are "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" and "Thank You For The Venom". And it's a concept album (and I love concept albums). It's about a man and woman who die in a gunfight, and the guy goes to hell, but does not find the girl there. Then the Devil tells him he has to bring back 1000 souls in order see her again. The ending is obscure, and the overall idea of the story is pretty cheesy, but the album is pretty good. The only tracks I really don't care for are the two singles that were released (I'm Not Ok and Helena).

Enough of me being a whiny bitch. You might want to listen for yourself.

(Dear Ford, what have I done?!)
Otherside 04-28-2005 10:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

A certain someone influenced me to pick up this album yesterday, and I put it in the PC to give a good listen to it (instead of what I did before, which was not pay much attention to it while it was playing).

It kicks ass.

The best tracks are "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" and "Thank You For The Venom". And it's a concept album (and I love concept albums). It's about a man and woman who die in a gunfight, and the guy goes to hell, but does not find the girl there. Then the Devil tells him he has to bring back 1000 souls in order see her again. The ending is obscure, and the overall idea of the story is pretty cheesy, but the album is pretty good. The only tracks I really don't care for are the two singles that were released (I'm Not Ok and Helena).

See? thanks for the venom is great, it's my favorite song from them.
Travis Bickle 04-28-2005 10:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Otherside
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

It kicks ass.

See? thanks for the venom is great, it's my favorite song from them.

It sounds kinda like Alien Ant Farm's latest album. It's good, but not fantastic.

And You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison is really good.
ebie 05-09-2005 08:33 PM
OMGawh!
I can't see why anybody would not like them?
They rock my socks!
Erik 06-02-2005 08:00 AM
Did any of you know that My Chemical Romance have an album besides 3 Cheers for Sweet Revenge? It's called I Brought you my Bullets, You Brought Your me Your Love, and it's a lot better than their second CD.

People who call MCR emo have only heard "Helena" or "I'm not Okay. (GAT-X105, if you still haven't seen the video for Helena, it's amazing, and you can find here. Also, you should all watch the original version of I'm not Okay; it's better than the new one.) Everyone completely ignores songs like "Ghost of You" (A video of the band playing the song live can be found here. There's also plans to make video of it, and those can be found here.) and "You Know What They do to Guys Like us in Prison" (Another video!). If they're emo, then MCR isn't your average emo band.

Their best songs are:

I Brought you my Bullets, You Brought me Your Love

• Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
  • "Vampires Will Never Hurt You"
  • "This is the Best Day Ever"
  • "Our Lady of Sorrows"
  • "Headfirst for Halos"

3 Cheers for Sweet Revenge
  • "You Know What They do to Guys Like us in Prison"
  • "Thank you for the Venom"
  • "Bury me in Black"
  • "Hang 'em High"
  • "Helena"

I'll post more later, but I think this is enough for now.

- Erik
Travis Bickle 06-02-2005 08:22 AM
Yeah. I have it. It's drastically different from "Sweet Revenge", but I really don't care for it all that much.

And "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" is such a bad song (IMO). Talk about emo .
paul1290 03-25-2006 06:25 PM
I decided to bring back this thread instead of making a new one.

My favorites:
"I Never Told You What I Do for a Living"
"Thank You for the Venom"
"The Ghost of You"

Does anyone else like My Chemical Romance?
BethMcBeth 03-27-2006 07:57 AM
Yes I really do love the band and I think "Helena” has stolen my soul. XD! I also liked their version of "Under Pressure" Although I kept wondering where David Bowie was going to chime in.

-Beth