1:00 - Webcast Starts
1:15 - Open Air Stereo
1:45 - The Dead 60's
2:15 thru 11:29 - Continual Vomitting
11:30 - Bloc Party
Midnight - Mars Volta
Zopwx2 05-22-2005 02:30 AM
haha pretty funny.

Omar went up there and said they didn't know what to play at this "thing" so they were just going to make up a song and "If you don't like it... leave"

He called the song, "Abortion: The Other White Meat" and cedric said something about hot dogs being "lips and assholes" (seeing as how this is the weenie roast) and then sat down at a typewriter while the others jammed on for a while.

He got up eventually and sang some random stuff.

It was pretty badass, although alot of people tend not to like the extended jam stuff, I love it. (Coming from a guy who is a ginormous pink floyd fan, and not just the wall crap, we're talking Saucerful/Atom Heart Mother/Meddle shit).

Oh and I forgot, eventually KROQ got bored with it and just cut TMV off mid-jam and faded out slowly to one of their ugly DJ's who ended the webcast.
Volt 05-25-2005 05:46 PM
ROFL... check out these spoof pages. I was laughing so hard when I first read them. I can't even explain it.

Cedrics HAWT Salsa Page!! - OMG!!!11 LLLOOOLLLZZZZ!!!111
FREDERico OMARINI - EL DIRECtor of "EL MANueal DExterity" ANd "WIDOWNESS"
Travis Bickle 05-25-2005 06:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
ROFL... check out these spoof pages. I was laughing so hard when I first read them. I can't even explain it.

Nah Bud

In other news, rumor has it that a new EP is coming out...
Zopwx2 05-26-2005 09:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough
quote:

Nah Bud

In other news, rumor has it that a new EP is coming out...

I read that page before, someone has too much time on their hands.

Now rumors are good if they're true, and so are EP's.
Volt 05-26-2005 11:40 PM
I hope we see a return to a more a Tremulant-esque style in the next EP. I want psyche rock, not sci-fi serial rape.
Zopwx2 05-27-2005 12:11 AM
quote:
I hope we see a return to a more a Tremulant-esque style in the next EP. I want psyche rock, not sci-fi serial rape.

They don't care what you want.
Travis Bickle 05-27-2005 12:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:

Indeed. Each album is different from the others, and I doubt that'll change for the next.
Volt 05-27-2005 03:49 PM
quote:
quote:

God forbid I speak my mind.

Edit: For those who don't visit The Comatorium often, the L'Via video is out here. Like The Widow, it's pretty awkward, but it's pretty sweet, IMO, although it's for the "sh**ty edited version" as some might call it.
Travis Bickle 05-27-2005 04:42 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but a) what you said was an asinine comment and b) Zopwx2 was right: the Mars Volta are interested in developing their music the way they see fit, not the fans.
Generalissimo D 05-27-2005 04:47 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but a) what you said was an asinine comment and b) Zopwx2 was right: the Mars Volta are interested in developing their music the way they see fit, not the fans.

Now thats a true band. Willing to give their fans the finger and do their thing. God forbid they actually conform and give people what they think they want...

Think about it. the song Cut this city(or whatever its called) could have had its little mindtrip intro severed as to get to the meat of the song. But they kept it anyway.
Zopwx2 05-27-2005 05:00 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Edit: For those who don't visit The Comatorium often, the L'Via video is out here. Like The Widow, it's pretty awkward, but it's pretty sweet, IMO, although it's for the "sh**ty edited version" as some might call it.

I was just stating a fact.

They don't care, whether that makes them cool, or makes them pretentious assholes, you decide.

Anyway I thought the Video was pretty damn trippy. Technically their best video so far, even if it is for the edited version. (I wants my "solo tengo..").

Although I'm still sick of them editing live footage of them singing OTHER songs... like the interiatic video.
Volt 05-27-2005 09:45 PM
I didn't mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was just wishing for more of a experience that uses unique instrumental effects rather than what I think were just random sounds in Frances to create ambience. And, just to clarify, when I said "sci-fi serial rape", I was talking about the plot of FTM, not referring to the style of music, which I may have come across as meaning. Also, I'm aware TMV wants to move forward and experiment with different styles, hence the difference between Tremulant, Deloused, and Frances. I was saying more of a "I think it would be cool if" thing than "I'm boycotting the next CD if they don't" thing. You know, sort of like if I were to say it would be cool if The Police went on a reunion tour.
So, again, I'm sorry if I came acorss as insulting to TMV's music or looking like a jackass.

One thing I thought was really cool about the L'Via video was the incorporation of TMV "mascotts" (so to speak), such as the spider lady and the bird characters from the foot stab art.
Zopwx2 05-27-2005 10:18 PM
quote:
I didn't mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was just wishing for more of a experience that uses unique instrumental effects rather than what I think were just random sounds in Frances to create ambience. And, just to clarify, when I said "sci-fi serial rape", I was talking about the plot of FTM, not referring to the style of music, which I may have come across as meaning. Also, I'm aware TMV wants to move forward and experiment with different styles, hence the difference between Tremulant, Deloused, and Frances. I was saying more of a "I think it would be cool if" thing than "I'm boycotting the next CD if they don't" thing. You know, sort of like if I were to say it would be cool if The Police went on a reunion tour.
So, again, I'm sorry if I came acorss as insulting to TMV's music or looking like a jackass.

One thing I thought was really cool about the L'Via video was the incorporation of TMV "mascotts" (so to speak), such as the spider lady and the bird characters from the foot stab art.

Max Ernst
Zopwx2 05-29-2005 01:48 PM
quote:
In a move certain to inspire speculation and rumors, Sparta guitarist and former at the drive in member, Paul Hinojos, has quit Sparta and has joined the Mars Volta, effective immediately. Assuming the sound manipulation duties of the late Jeremy Ward, Hinojos' role within the band will initially be confined to the off stage audio acrobatics that Ward (who died in 2003) had become reknowned for. Volta band leader Omar Rodriguez - Lopez is adamant that Hinojos will eventually share the stage with his bandmates during live performances. "My time with Sparta has run its course, and simply wasn't fun anymore," commented Hinojos in los angeles last week. Hinojos, who in 2003 joined the mars volta briefly after Wards untimely death, decided to accept the open invitation from Rodriguez Lopez to rejoin the band at his leisure. "We've been friends since we were kids, played in bands together for years, and Paul was close to Jeremy," commented omar, "its always been clear to me that Paul was the only person wod be appropriate to take Jeremy's place and fill what we feel is an integral role within the band"
Hinojos rejoined Omar and co. midway through their current us tour, although out of courtesy it was decided to leave it to the Sparta camp to make the initial announcement of pauls departure.

Well thats something.....
Travis Bickle 06-09-2005 10:31 AM
Did anyone know that Cedric and Omar did a track on Handome Boy Modeling School's album "White People" with the RZA? I just listened to the track (called "A Day In The Life") and it's actually pretty good.
Zopwx2 06-09-2005 04:50 PM
quote:
Did anyone know that Cedric and Omar did a track on Handome Boy Modeling School's album "White People" with the RZA? I just listened to the track (called "A Day In The Life") and it's actually pretty good.

Cool.

BTW: Saw them in LA and they were badass as usual.

And John F. Showed up for L'Via and kicked it up a notch.

I saw him hug omar before he left.
Zopwx2 07-20-2005 12:10 AM
WHoa! look what I found:

TMV CONNECTION CHART (minus Paul)
Travis Bickle 08-16-2005 03:40 PM
So remember that big deal about not being able to purchase the vinyl copy of the Frances the Mute single?

Well, if you happen to go to Best Buy some time today and tomorrow, you can get it free on a cd. It says you have to buy the cd Frances the Mute, but they rang it up for me and I didn't pay a goddamn cent. It has the single Frances the Mute along with a terribly done live accoustic version of The Widow.

They're free, so just take all that you see and stuff them into your back pocket or a bag or something. Taking advantage of things is fun.
Zopwx2 08-16-2005 04:30 PM
quote:
So remember that big deal about not being able to purchase the vinyl copy of the Frances the Mute single?

Well, if you happen to go to Best Buy some time today and tomorrow, you can get it free on a cd. It says you have to buy the cd Frances the Mute, but they rang it up for me and I didn't pay a goddamn cent. It has the single Frances the Mute along with a terribly done live accoustic version of The Widow.

They're free, so just take all that you see and stuff them into your back pocket or a bag or something. Taking advantage of things is fun.

Even though I have it in MP3 form, I thought about running down to best buy really fast and checking grabbing one anyway.

Plus I have a friend working there in case they try to make me buy FTM first.

Update:

Yeah seriously they have stacks of these things, it took a grand total of 5 minutes to grab one and ring it up as 0$. The cashiers don't give a sh**.