Shadow might get his own game...good or bad?

R and D 03-10-2005 06:56 AM
well i heard about it and i am not sure what to think.
click here for more info.
Travis Bickle 03-10-2005 07:34 AM
He is getting his own game, and so far, it looks pretty awesome. I can't wait, since I love SA2 on the Dreamcast and would like to find out what happens to him after that (not counting Sonic Heroes, of course).
Cecil XIX 03-10-2005 07:37 AM
When's Sonic going to get his own game?

EDIT: After reading the article, two things.

1. If Shadow's feels the need to use a gun, than Sonic owns him.

2. I hate Sega.
Volt 03-10-2005 06:55 PM
Here's something a wrote to my friend on AIM a while ago:
Sega is actually Satan.
Sonic is actually Hades.
Ragol is actually Tartarus.
PSO is a strange abbrevtiation for 666.
This sums up my feelings on anything related to Sonic and Sega. Have a nice day. Tongue
R.Smith 03-10-2005 10:27 PM
Well, my feelings on this game are very negative.

Sure Gamma had a gun, but he was a robot! I just think this is a really bad direction for Sonic games to go in.

Here's a link to a movie with some game footage, and here's a screencap.
AndroidZeroX 03-11-2005 03:28 AM
yeah im not too keen on the idea myself. IM not gonna buy it but being the huge sonic fan that i am, ill check it out from time to time. But yeah, the gun wasnt the way to go
Volt 03-11-2005 05:11 PM
HOLY CRAP. If they're going to brutally sodomize the Sonic franchise (even more than they did with SA2), they could at least do it with decent graphics. Yeesh.
It was sort of funny how the whole trailer was this "SONIC THE HEDGEHHOG AWESOME AMAZING BEST SELLER EVER DEFINING A GENERATION OF GAMING hey guess what we don't care about that anymore!" sort of thing.
Tabris-kun 03-11-2005 05:27 PM
Thumbs Up COOLAGEThumbs Up
Jonny Axehandle 03-11-2005 10:14 PM
My 10 cents:

1. SHADOW FANS SUCK
2. We finally have a solo-character game. Even if it is Shadow, that is good.
3. This new shooting concept is crazy enough to work.
Shredder 03-11-2005 11:22 PM
Wow, everyone's so negative! This game isn't even coming out until Christmas 2005 and we've barely seen any of it. The gun thing could work, who knows? If you've played the Adventure games, you'll see there's shooting (Tails and Robotnik in those machines and E102), so it's not totally new to the series. I'm willing to give it a chance, but then again, I like companies like Sega and Nintendo that at least try new things once and awhile.
The Big Ian 03-12-2005 05:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Well, my feelings on this game are very negative.

Sure Gamma had a gun, but he was a robot! I just think this is a really bad direction for Sonic games to go in.

Here's a link to a movie with some game footage, and here's a screencap.

See, now there's a character that would be cool to have a full game based off of: E-102 (or Gamma, or some other Robotniker)

The only three things that I thought were really cool from the trailer:
- That desert canyon zone.
- The title screen.
- The classic "SEEEEEEEGA" in the middle of it.
IanC 03-12-2005 04:01 PM
Well im guessing im in the minority in here, cus im looking forward to it. Only things i dont like is the fact it seems to be using the Sonic Heroes engine, whitch was rubbish (due to its multi formatness probably) and the fact they announced it at an event about game heroes.

Like the look of the logo Smile
Cecil XIX 03-12-2005 11:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
I like companies like Sega and Nintendo that at least try new things once and awhile.

Sometimes I get the feeling it's that 'try something new' attitude that hasn't given us a decent Sonic game in four years and counting. To me, this is just like WB's Looney Tunes redsign.

I suppose this game could be fun, but that would be beside the point. (strange as that sounds)

I don't care about other characters. I only care about Sonic. This could be the greatest game ever, but I won't give a damn unless Sonic's not the main character.

The rest of you can have a ball, though.
Generalissimo D 03-13-2005 04:12 PM
I honestly CANNOT WAIT FOR IT. Shadow is a really great character, and just gotta love those shoes. Besides, a shadow game will go ALOT farther story wise than a sonic game. C'mon dudes.

Basic Sonic Plot.
1.Bad guy plots stuff.
2. Aforementioned badguy steals emeralds.
3.Everyone, including sonic, is chillin.
4. Sh*t hits the fan.
5. Sonic is dragged into it.
6. Sonic goes and kicks butt, comes out victor.
7. Rinse, repeat, and reapply.
Darth Nat 03-13-2005 06:13 PM
I'll reiterate what I said on another forum:

I think Shadow is a really lame character. He's just a marginally grittier version of Sonic, and now he has a handgun. Yay. I must find a container for my joy.

Seriously, does the Sonic franchise need morally questionable characters running around with realistic weaponry? I remember the days when about the most violent thing in Sonic was Robotnik's crazy contraptions with their drills and hammers and junk. But now, it seems like Sega is shoving the whole "xtreme" thing down our throats, and I don't like it. Let Sonic games be Sonic games. Don't try to make them more appealing with the inclusion of things that seem out of place and downright silly (yes, Shadow with a gun looks downright silly).

I think Penny Arcade said it best when they made the following comic: http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-03-11&res=l
R and D 03-13-2005 06:19 PM
shadow is really cool. Cool his turning might suck on SA2, but his is still a cool character. i think the gun thing was a little random though. i just can't picture him using a gun. that's more of a tails/eggman/e-102-gamma thing. Oh Well
Cecil XIX 03-13-2005 09:34 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-03-11&res=l

quote:
Sega doesn't even make games anymore. They're like the videos terrorists release, the characters you love draped in rags, abused and humiliated.

So true.

When will Sonic get the glory he deserves?!?
BethMcBeth 03-14-2005 03:29 AM
Sure why not I mean all of the characters have to have their own adventures one way or anotyehr wether or not you like it is up to you but hey what the heck who knows maybe it migth be fun. ^_^" or funny!
Dingo 03-15-2005 03:01 PM
VG cats has made a comic about this as well.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=140

I think it proves a point that sega is going downhill.
Generalissimo D 03-15-2005 04:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dingo

I think it proves a point that sega is going downhill.

*Looks at the dreamcast*
Whoa. This is like, brandspanking new news. I honestly think the gun IS crap after looking at that image about 3 or 4 times. People, its a video game. Face it. Not real life. Take your complaints, shove em, kick back, and play a game you do like. I would think if no one bought this game, Sega would finally go bankrupt and let its characters die a (semi)noble(?) death.