Shadow might get his own game...good or bad?

Krang 03-15-2005 09:35 PM
I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Sure, the gun idea is kind of silly and doesn't really fit in, but if you don't like it, just don't play it, don't buy it, and pretend it doesn't exist. Just because they release one game that you don't like (even though it hasn't even been released yet...) doesn't make Sega a horrible company that can do no right.

quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
I think it proves a point that sega is going downhill.

No, that doesn't really prove anything other than the fact that they had a questionable idea for their latest game. It doesn't mean that they will never make another good game again.

quote:
Originally posted by BigOZ
People, its a video game. Face it. Not real life. Take your complaints, shove em, kick back, and play a game you do like.

Exactly.

quote:
I would think if no one bought this game, Sega would finally go bankrupt and let its characters die a (semi)noble(?) death.

Err, I highly doubt Sega's financial status is hinging on this one game.
JAYCZero 03-18-2005 01:36 PM
Wow this seems Awesome ! But what about Sonic is he going
to be on the game ? and I don't get th
is how is Shadow alive
didn't
spoiler (highlight to read):
He Die on Cannons Core when he was taking the Giant Behemoth of a Lizard with him ?
But I'm glad he's Back!
Travis Bickle 03-18-2005 01:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
is how is Shadow alive
didn't
He Die on Cannons Core when he was taking the Giant Behemoth of a Lizard with him ?
But I'm glad he's Back!

He used Chaos Control and made everything dissapear.
My friend and I have this theory going that he went into some other dimension, time period, or something else instead of...well...dying. I'm pretty sure this picks up after SA2. If it picks up after Sonic Heroes, or is it's own storyline, I'm going to kill Yuji Naka.

Oh yeah, and SA2 is one of the greatest DC games known to man....next to Skies of Arcadia and Jet Grind Radiooooo!
JAYCZero 03-18-2005 02:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
is how is Shadow alive
didn't
But I'm glad he's Back!

He used Chaos Control and made everything dissapear.
My friend and I have this theory going that he went into some other dimension, time period, or something else instead of...well...dying. I'm pretty sure this picks up after SA2. If it picks up after Sonic Heroes, or is it's own storyline, I'm going to kill Yuji Naka.

Oh yeah, and SA2 is one of the greatest DC games known to man....next to Skies of Arcadia and Jet Grind Radiooooo!

Get out of here ! you like Jet Set Radio ? I love that game too
well I already finished it for the Xbox. Oh yeah yeah ! you're right
I did remmembe
r him saying Chaos Control but I thought that it
was concluded a fact when Sonic and the gang said he was dead.
Stupid me ,I just hope it takes place after the Storyline of SA2.

And Hell yeah I agree with you SA2 is one of the Best Franchise
Games in Video Gaming History I had alot of fun with that game
I finished all the Levels ,got all 180 Emblems and A Ranks on all
Stages.
R and D 03-19-2005 06:02 PM
quote:
And Hell yeah I agree with you SA2 is one of the Best Franchise
Games in Video Gaming History I had alot of fun with that game
I finished all the Levels ,got all 180 Emblems and A Ranks on all
Stages.[/FONT][/COLOR]

lucky you! i still need about 10 emblems! Crying
i have a question. didn't sonic heros pick up after SA2B? Confused
IanC 03-20-2005 10:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R and D
i have a question. didn't sonic heros pick up after SA2B? Confused

Nope, it was a new story line.
Generalissimo D 03-22-2005 04:25 PM
I think it took place a while after SA2. Look at the dialogue in Heroes between Sonic and Shadow. Another hint to this:

Dark Team Ending:

They defeat the robot Eggman and find a storage facility. There they see tons of Shadow Robot-Clones, which Omega blows up. I saw robot clones because in the INTRO itself, Omega says it outloud. "All Eggmans robots must be destroyed!"

Generalissimo D 11-23-2005 10:56 PM
Apparently, it sucked. Badly. It even gained one additional point of suckage on the PS2.

At least the DS incarnation fared better.
Travis Bickle 11-23-2005 11:05 PM
Yeah, this is the worst game I ever bought this year. This is the only time I bought a game without reading reviews, so...yeah...

Too bad GAMESPOT was so slow on reviewing it. I usually trust them with reviews.
Sharpshooter005 11-24-2005 12:29 AM
I'm not really a sega expert, or a follower of the series..but..

If you think one horrible game means the downfall of the whole franchise/company. Keep one thing in mind

They've made not ONE resident evil: gun survivor, they've made three. And it's hard to depart further from the "heart" of a franchise than making resident evil into an arcade FPS. Furthermore it was just HORRIBLE.

After making these three, they then made resident evil 4...which is just awesome. Also Capcom has probably made other good games since, I haven't really been following.

So...yeah..hedgehog with a wildly out of proportion MP5, terrible first person shooters. Either way they can always bounce back after the mistakes.
Shredder 11-24-2005 01:27 AM
I haven't played it yet, but will probably rent it. I've heard mixed things about it, but enjoyed playing as Shadow in the SA games, so we'll see...

The DS game (Sonic Rush) is a completely different game, not a port of the Shadow one. This looks to be better than the GBA Sonics, I may buy this one.
Travis Bickle 11-24-2005 01:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
I haven't played it yet, but will probably rent it. I've heard mixed things about it, but enjoyed playing as Shadow in the SA games, so we'll see...

If you enjoy constantly pausing the game to switch mission objectives because the game keeps changing it for you, a terrible camera, and guns that don't target, then, by all means, go for it.
David Ryder 11-24-2005 08:15 AM
a quick question to Dr.gonzo or really anyone that has played it. Do they still have song's by guys like Everett Bradley and Ted Poley? I've always enjoyed the vocal tracks in sonic but the awful reviews are making me just wanna buy the soundtrack.
Travis Bickle 11-24-2005 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
a quick question to Dr.gonzo or really anyone that has played it. Do they still have song's by guys like Everett Bradley and Ted Poley? I've always enjoyed the vocal tracks in sonic but the awful reviews are making me just wanna buy the soundtrack.

The soundtrack...I have no idea. It's like generic 90's metal.
Mike 11-24-2005 12:58 PM
Well the reviews I read said that the fast-running, Sonicey parts are good. But that's only about 5% of the game. The rest sucks.
Jonny Axehandle 11-24-2005 01:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes

Yes, the soundtrack is done by the same people.
Inigo Montoya 11-25-2005 11:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
Wow, everyone's so negative! This game isn't even coming out until Christmas 2005 and we've barely seen any of it. The gun thing could work, who knows? If you've played the Adventure games, you'll see there's shooting (Tails and Robotnik in those machines and E102), so it's not totally new to the series. I'm willing to give it a chance, but then again, I like companies like Sega and Nintendo that at least try new things once and awhile.

Yes, but it seems strangely convenient that the first new character with a black color scheme gets the autmomatic. It seems almost...

SEGA has become Lucas pictures! Now all we need is Shadow going, "Bitch get back in dat car 'fo I hit 'choo again!"
Wazpy 11-25-2005 03:18 PM
Shadow is such a boring character. He acts like a pre-teen in a roleplaying forum. How the hell did he get a game?
evanASF27 11-25-2005 03:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
Shadow is such a boring character. He acts like a pre-teen in a roleplaying forum. How the hell did he get a game?

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

How come Big O didn't get that Third season?

...all of them can be answered by one simple answer: The French ....Beats me >_<
Sharpshooter005 11-25-2005 07:13 PM
quote:
He acts like a pre-teen in a roleplaying forum. How the hell did he get a game?

COMING THIS SUMMER. THE FINAL WORD IN ACTION GAMING

GAMEFAQS FORUMS: THE GAME.

And coming in 2008. Gamefaqs forums: the movie of the game. An Uwe Boll film.