Episode 17 Discussion: "House of the Waiting Family"

nathjan 03-10-2005 03:50 AM
well heres the thread from this past saturday's episode of FMA, post your thought and opinion.

hope you all enjoyed the episode.
Barrin 03-10-2005 10:23 AM
Three things stood out for me in this episode.
First is Winry. I've heard of having a fasination with mechanical things, but this is ludicrous. The way she moved around when she saw Ed's state alchemist watch reminded me of Edward from Cowboy Bebop, acting like she made of rubber or something.
Next is Major Armstrong. The sparkly effect keeps him from seeming too serious. Liked the time that they actually fell down.
Third is Al and his armor. Despite being in an armor that is bulletproff, having that vital area damaged would be the end for him. I had wondered how the soul binding circle worked.
Madrona 03-10-2005 11:57 AM
Have I mentioned I love this show?

Yes, Winry's fasination with anything mechanical is....obessive. That's who she is. It's not any different than Ed and Al losing themselves in books about alchemy. It's their "thing".

Let's face it, Armstrong is a big softy. I think he's great. I'd rather have him on my side than not. And, I'm sure he has a lot more respect for Ed now that he's seen automail connected.

And although I've read all the online manga that I could ( up to chapter 40) I'm still wondering what Ed wants to tell Al...I think I know, but I'll play dumb. The tension in that scene was really intense.

I'm going to rewatch that tonight!!!
BabyGhia 03-10-2005 01:52 PM
I actually like Winry's fascination with mechanics. I'm not SO obsessive but I can relate. I like taking things apart also but I try not to unless they are broken. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Learning more about the seal between Al and the armor was interesting. We hadn't seen it before. The sparing between Armstrong, Ed and Al was a great showing of team work.

Winry and Ed's watch. She really wanted to take it apart but seeing what he had written in it stopped her.

BabyGhia
Ano Hito 03-10-2005 08:09 PM
Usually I hate characters like Armstrong, but I find myself really liking him and wanting to see more of him. Man, this is the deepest most enjoyable show with this "shounen" style of art that I've ever seen.
Raven 03-11-2005 12:00 AM
Am I the only one that finds Piccalo.... I mean Armstrong a little fruity? Oh and I agree with an above poster, Winrey is kind of annoying. But all in all, was a good episode. the next episode, however, looks very promising.
Shredder 03-11-2005 01:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
And although I've read all the online manga that I could ( up to chapter 40) I'm still wondering what Ed wants to tell Al...I think I know, but I'll play dumb. The tension in that scene was really intense.

I'm going to rewatch that tonight!!!

One thing I noticed about the dub. In the sub, Ed says there's something important he wants to ASK Al. I think that changes it a little, but we'll see how it plays out...