Patton

evanASF27 02-26-2005 07:56 PM
It's on AMC right now.....damn I love this movie....It's just so friggin awesome.

...what? You expected maybe a more professional first post to this thread!? Tongue Wink
Hienrich Ele 02-26-2005 10:06 PM
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. "

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."

"Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler. Just like I'd shoot a snake!"

"Just drive down that road, until you get blown up"

God I love this man.

One of my favorite things he did was that he said we might as well attack Russia during WWII because we were over there anyway and might as well do it sooner rather than later.

I have not seen this movie, and it has just started on AMC for me, so I am going to stay up untill 11:30 to finish it.
evanASF27 02-26-2005 10:29 PM
i've never seen the ending...i've only seen up until he beat Rommel. >_>

I'm just finishing the movie now...my god...I really think people should listen to this movie.

"...the greatest anachronism."

"[...]all glory is fleeting"

This movie has got to be the only movie that has made me proud to be an american....though now that it's over and the credits are interupted by semi-comercials, I really dislike the present. I, like Patton, was born after my time. *sigh* I'm suprised he turned down that Oscar (...or Emmy...or whatever, I knew that he turned down something).
Mr. Peabody 02-26-2005 10:33 PM
Patton.

One hell of a movie. A genuine classic.

Army Chaplin: "I noticed you have a bible at your bedside, General. Do you read it often?"

Patton: "Yes I do. Every Goddamn day."

Patton (to Genl. Brady): "First thing tommorrow morning, we're going to start turning these boys into fanatics."

Patton: "I don't want to read any reports that we're holding our ground. Let the Hun do that. We are constantly advancing. We're going to grab the enemy by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass!"
Diverse Considerations 03-10-2005 07:51 AM
I can never remember, was it a pearl or ivory handled pistos that he carried with him? One he carried, the other he said was "only used by a pimp at a New Orleans brothel."

I think the greatest part of the Patton story is that he was the only US general that the Germans feared. That says something.
YoruameBaroness 03-14-2005 11:19 PM
"And here you are crying like a goddamn coward! SHUT UP!! DAMMIT SHUT UP!!!"

All while slapping the absolute mess out of the soldier.

"My troops are being held up by a couple of jackasses?" I couldn't help but laugh.

It's a pearl-handled pistol.
Sharpshooter005 03-15-2005 02:26 AM
Now theres a dvd I really need.

Great, great movie.
BethMcBeth 03-15-2005 03:12 AM
Wow this sounds interesting I guess I'll have to catch it sometime when I can watch it! ^_^"" thanks! ^_^""
Mr. Peabody 03-17-2005 02:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness

It's a pearl-handled pistol.

Sorry, Baroness, but General Patton's pistols were ivory-handled.

Patton carried an engraved Colt revolver with ivory-handles. During the U.S. expedition into Mexico in 1916, Patton was involved in a skirmish against Pancho Villa's bandits and killed one of Villa's lieutenants with this pistol.

Prior to WWII, Patton ordered a Smith & Wesson .357 revolver with ivory-handles. He occassionally wore both pistols on his belt, but favored carrying the Colt.

Of his weapons, Patton said, "Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."
YoruameBaroness 03-17-2005 02:44 PM
Did I put pearl? God how stupid of me . . .I knew it was ivory. O__o.

Patton highly amused me. Or rather, some of the things he said.

He shot those two donkeys though . . .poor donkeys.
Nine Kuze 02-23-2007 03:16 PM
I'm bringin' it back...

I saw the film recently and while it's not on my Top 100 list, it is a damn good movie and the best biopic of all time.

quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
*sigh* I'm suprised he turned down that Oscar (...or Emmy...or whatever, I knew that he turned down something).

Oscar, Evan. It was the Oscar George C. Scott turned down and it did it because of being snubbed before in the past (such as The Hustler) and plainly, he hated the Academy in general and felt that the Oscars were nothing but "a meat parade". The Academy always left the option open for him to pick up his Oscar any time he wanted... he never did.

But yeah nonetheless, Patton's lines in the film are amazing. One of my favorite scenes are when Patton and another soldier walk out to a battlefield in the morning and there's all this death and destruction around the film and he says something (I don't remember what) and ends it by saying about war; "God help me, I do love it so."

I also like this rant: "An entire world at war and I'm left out of it? God will not permit this to happen! I will be allowed to fulfill my destiny!"

That darn Patton.
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 02-26-2007 11:07 AM
Patton totally kicks ass, and the music isnt that bad either
Heavy Metal Instro 03-25-2007 05:41 PM
Patton is a great movie, little long though.
Nine Kuze 03-25-2007 05:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Heavy Metal Instro
Patton is a great movie, little long though.

It's an epic biopic. Those are suppose to be long, and the longer the better.
Peace.