So who's going to make the first move. . .?

Dork 02-25-2005 01:57 AM
Dee doo doo. . . Heh, I really am curious about this, what you guys think.

It's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, if we did get that third season you figure we'll eventually get a kiss with those two. . . well, hopefully. Can't say anything for sure with this show though.

With the first kiss I say Dorothy's going to make the move. She'd do it while he's down in some sort of funk completely out of the blue then get up and walk right out of the room. ^_^

I just watched acts 20 to 26 in one sitting and I'm suddenly very confident we'll get the third season. A show like Big O isn't going to pick up a big enough audience to make a splash overnight but the fans it gets over time will add up and eventually not even CN will be able to resist, no matter how securely they've got their fingers stuck in their ears.

muchlove
-Dork
Big Waddle Inferno 02-25-2005 02:07 AM
Dorothy will have a torrid love affair with Gordon Rosewater, which will end in heartbreak and possibly a heart attack.

Roger, meanwhile, will get down with Angel, but contract several STDs. She will suddenly have no memory of when she herself contracted them (just kidding people, I <3 Angel... a lot).

Norman, tired of those sons of b****es robots, will form a movement to prevent Beck from ever making anything except out of Legos, and not those advanced ones, we're talking Duplo here.

From which will lead to the eventual collapse of civilization due to lack of interest in sex or machines, and so Roger and Dorothy will be forced to re-populate the world (which itself might be a chore).

So in closing, Norman will make the first real move.

Here's a visial aid: ([]) It's a hamburger. Look sideways.

Entirely unhelpful, but you didn't stipulate that it needed to be helpful.

We have come to terms.
BethMcBeth 02-25-2005 02:22 AM
Hhaha well if Dorothy were to actually kiss Roger on scene while cameras were rolling I am sure it would be written in as "Roger needed oxygen again" thingy. ^_~"

Off stage well I always thought that Roger and Dorothy would be going at it 24/7 for like no reason Wink

Hahha but then if Norman were to become involved I could see him pulling out two little orange flags directing Roger and Dorothy closer and closer and then turning the flags about to single where who should place thier hands where! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
StevieV019 02-25-2005 10:55 AM
Noone, neither...cuz it wont happen...
BabyGhia 02-25-2005 01:29 PM
Dorothy.

It'll probably happen out of the blue. Roger will do something un-lousy and she'll give him a quick peck then walk out of the room leaving him stunned... and wanting more!

But I like the Norman angle too.

"Master Roger, Dorothy has been put under a spell. She'll only wake up if you kiss her."
"Err... What?"
"Sir, you have to kiss her. No one but you can break it."
*sigh* "Okay"
Roger leans over and kisses her
Norman quickly exits the room
Dorothy wakes up.
"Roger, why did you just kiss me now?"
"Norman said you were under a spell."
"No, I wasn't."
"NORMAN!"

Big Grin

BabyGhia
Mr. Peabody 02-25-2005 02:21 PM
I think Roger will make the first move, but it will be an awkward process.

After his worsening nightmares and nearly losing Dorothy when her core memories were removed, Roger has realized how vital a presence Dorothy is in his life. However, Roger is too proud to just admit his love and might also fear that Dorothy would be indifferent if he told her.
Hobodoken 02-25-2005 02:48 PM
Norman.
He's the one who tricked Roger into buying Dorothy the dress, ...
I could go on, but I'm lazy.
BigPrime 02-25-2005 02:59 PM
Dorothy. Perhaps with a final push in the right direction from Norman, but Dorothy none the less.
Xel 02-25-2005 08:39 PM
Why, Alan Gabriel will, of course. Just think, the blissful union of human, android, and cyborg-- it's like a rainbow.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Waddle Inferno
Dorothy will have a torrid love affair with Gordon Rosewater, which will end in heartbreak and possibly a heart attack.

Roger, meanwhile, will get down with Angel, but contract several STDs. She will suddenly have no memory of when she herself contracted them (just kidding people, I <3 Angel... a lot).

Norman, tired of those sons of b****es robots, will form a movement to prevent Beck from ever making anything except out of Legos, and not those advanced ones, we're talking Duplo here.

From which will lead to the eventual collapse of civilization due to lack of interest in sex or machines, and so Roger and Dorothy will be forced to re-populate the world (which itself might be a chore).

We have come to terms.

...I like you. <3

And Ghia, your sig is making me want yaoi. Neutral
The Big Finale 02-25-2005 08:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Waddle Inferno

We have come to terms.

That makes an amazingly huge amount of sense.

And judging from everything else in Big O, who's to say that the hamburger doesn't have something to do with it?
LillyRose 02-25-2005 11:02 PM
Dude....the hamburger! Any of you ever seen Angel? (The tv series) The Hamburger Knows All!

I voted for Roger. Because one day enough is just going to be enough, and poor Dorothy's still not "human" enough and sure of herself to take that kind of iniative.

I can't decide if it would be a high pressure situation or a nice buzz to produce results.

But I digress.

Lilly
Advinius 02-26-2005 01:11 PM
Dorothy. Roger's too hamstrung by his self-imposed "code" and his unspoken hangups. i think he's wanted too on several occasions, but keeps denying it even to himself.

Dorothy is just the type to decide that the situation needs resolving and move on Roger decisively. He won't know what hit him when that day comes.
madclarinet 02-26-2005 01:56 PM
I'd say Dorothy, she'd get fed up of Rogers excuses and take action herself.

I suspect that she'd make sure Roger couldn't escape
SmothPocket 03-10-2005 08:09 AM
quote:
I just watched acts 20 to 26 in one sitting and I'm suddenly very confident we'll get the third season. A show like Big O isn't going to pick up a big enough audience to make a splash overnight but the fans it gets over time will add up and eventually not even CN will be able to resist, no matter how securely they've got their fingers stuck in their ears.

I know it's off topic but...
That's the most positive thing i've heard about getting a season 3 yet. Very good you make it seem... possible
I guess since I spoke off topic I should speak on topic...
I think it won't happen. If Dorothy is as heavy and "robot" like as she seems... physicly then kissing wouldn't be a comfortable act.
Cecil XIX 03-10-2005 11:31 AM
I predict Norman will nonchalantly shove Roger in Dorothy's general direction and hope for the best.
Hienrich Ele 03-10-2005 11:38 PM
quote:
Norman (please explain. . . visual aids are nice too)

You see, Norman will flank to the right to get past Roger, only to be blocked by Roger in an attempt to get Dorothy.

Roger wins!
Dork 03-11-2005 12:49 AM
Alright, and which colors represent who?
Nine Kuze 05-17-2006 07:23 PM
*I'm bringin' it back*

You know, I watched the InuYasha movie (I forget which one, the one called The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass and something like that) and as the movie came to the climax, Kagome kissed Inuyasha and he kissed her back (dude was under some spell or what have you).

That kiss ruined the whole damn series for me. Look Inuyasha and Kagome are supposed to go together but watching them kiss was just awkward and it really ruined the magic (as did the uncountable number of pointless fillers and chessy ass dialogue but you get the point).

Basically, I'm saying that I hope Dorothy and Roger never kiss because like that (it probably won't be as bad and awkward as Inuyasha and Kagome), it would ruin the magic of the relationship.

So, in plain terms, I guess I voted for Norman.
Peace.
Randolph 05-17-2006 07:53 PM
I never really bought into the whole "Roger and Dorothy must have a stereotypical romantic bonding, for the sake of them being male and female barring any and all clone/robot status" shtick.

I've always imagined the two being more of a hero/sidekick formation, more formal and businesslike than the usual couple, yet with strong affection and intimacy.

So... I vote for Norman, who will more than likely be the passive element to keep the two in line and prevent them from falling into cadences of cliched TV romance.
Chitter-Box-Kat 05-17-2006 08:37 PM
If it ever really happens (and I do wish it would), it would be Norman who makes the first move. Dorothy has too little understanding of human emotions. And Roger...there is something about Dorothy that his swave, playboy style crumbles under.

Norman would probably play for both sides, dropping hints and tips to push Dorothy and Roger together. What'll end up happening is that Roger will take Dorothy out on a nice date and take it from there. And if that doesn't work, Norman'll probably make some cheap love potion kind of thing.

I have too much free time on my hands.