ReBoot

SmothPocket 02-24-2005 02:40 PM
Ok! Here is my question. Probably kind of dumb. Where was reboot made. By the by does anyone know if cartoon network ever aired the last season?
Jonny Axehandle 02-24-2005 03:25 PM
To the best of my knowledge it is an American-made series. And they did once air new episodes after the second season. I'm not sure if that was the last one though.
Darkside 02-24-2005 03:29 PM
Canada my friend.

Made by the people of the Mainframe company, responsible for Beast Wars and Beast Machines.
Tickle Tickle 02-24-2005 03:32 PM
They did air the last season. (Didn't they order it, too?) And well..

Apparently the show still don'st have an ending.
Darth Nat 02-24-2005 04:05 PM
Yeah, the show ended when the new Bob was revealed to be a souped-up Megabyte with Trojan Horse abilities. That was the end of the series. Megabyte was on the loose and about to rip into Bob and Dot, and it just ended. It's terribly disappointing, but I personally didn't feel that the last episodes were up to the same level of quality as the rest of the series.
Generalissimo D 02-24-2005 04:20 PM
he was megabyte? Whoa. The LAST episode I ever saw was where Bob and Enzo caused the system reboot. I'll have to hunt it down someday. Oh man, Mainframe did no justice to their skills recently(That scary godmother thing anyone?) I honestly felt ripped off after I saw their logo at the end.
Almasy 02-24-2005 06:48 PM
I used to watch Reboot all the time when I was younger. It was one of my favorite shows! I would rush home from school to see it. ^__^

My favorite character was Hexadecimal (before she became good, that is).
Darth Nat 02-24-2005 06:57 PM
I always liked Megabyte because he had a great voice and was just such a great villain. He also managed to be downright funny in some episodes (anyone remember the time he stepped in Friskett poo after chasing Enzo in that one episode?). Bob was another favorite of mine. He was just an all-around likeable character.
Tickle Tickle 02-24-2005 07:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy

That's so you Almasy. I liked Hexa too, she must've had the best design in the show! Although I really didn't care for the whole show all together.
R.Smith 02-24-2005 09:07 PM
Mainframe Entertainment Inc.

While it says completed, me(me being a HUGE fan of this series) and many other Reboot fans will agree that Reboot was not completed, in that it was never given a full ending. The second of the two movies ends with a cliffhanger.

There are those who wish Mainframe to finish Reboot, but it was a very costly show to create, and unless they have enough funds (hint, hint) they will probably never truly finish this amazing series.

Here's some general information about Reboot.

If anyone wishes to turn this into a discussion thread about Reboot, I would be more then happy to contribute as much information as I know or can find. Smile

The Big Ian 02-24-2005 09:48 PM
I think the thing that kills it is the fact that a different company owns the rights to the first two seasons, limiting the possibility of seeing them on DVD. Frown

C'mon. Warrors and Wizards and Word from Our Sponsor is simply the greatest anything ever. Mike the TV OWNS ALL. (Except Hex. And Captain Capacitor. And Megabyte.)

There is always the Googolplex of bootlegs on eBay. Roll Eyes

Though I did just buy the 4th Season/2 Movie DVD off Amazon. Daemon Rising, while a wee disjointed, rocked hard. Then again, it had Toonami bumpers. Cool
R.Smith 03-17-2005 03:46 PM
I've been going around the active ReBoot message boards (aren't too many left alive Crying ) posting this message:
quote:
I am currently on a campaign to save ReBoot. (I am posting this at any and all ReBoot message boards I can find.)

This will not be an easy task, and I need any active ReBoot fans to help.

I am going to email Mainframe Entertainment Inc. and ask them what it is they need to make a final ending to this show.

Please note I do not want another season, I want at least 2-4 episodes completing season 4.

I have a plan, it is a simple plan in all do honesty, but every ReBoot fan needs to help.

The plan is this:

1. I email Mainframe Entertainment Inc., asking what it is that they would need in order to make 2-4 episodes completing ReBoot.

1a. If it is money, then I will suggest to them that they get the rights back for seasons 1-3 and release them on DVD.

If 1a. is the reason then this is where the fans come in. Everyone must buy the DVDs. The money they get from us buying them should show that 1. there is interest, and 2. people will buy ReBoot products. (I know I want more figures out there!)

1b. If it is a matter of money and they won't get back the rights, then there is a second option. We the fans donate to them however much we can spare.

I've gotten some good input and suggestions from fellow fans and one of the suggestions was to email the network(s) that still show ReBoot, or have shown it in the past, and ask them to start reruning it. This will show there are still viewers out there and Mainframe Ent. will then be more willing to produce an ending to the show. Smile

Here's a good site that I'm currently at (I'm under the name "GlitchBob":
Pie_Junkie 03-17-2005 04:36 PM
I never got to see the last season. I miss that show
R.Smith 03-17-2005 04:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sano

Amazon.com has it for $17.98. Or less at $11.93 from amazon sellers, used & new.
Hienrich Ele 03-17-2005 05:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy

Hexadecimal was the greatest villain ever invented. She was just so damn cool.

I used to watch this show so much. I haven't seen it in years, though.
R and D 03-17-2005 05:40 PM
I REMEMBER THAT SHOW! IT WAS AWESOME! Cool

so y did they take it off? Crying
R.Smith 03-17-2005 06:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Fwuffles
I REMEMBER THAT SHOW! IT WAS AWESOME! Cool

so y did they take it off? Crying

Simple, it costs a lot of money to produce a show like this, and Mainframe didn't have the funds to continue.

That's why I'm posting that "campaign" where ever I can find active message boards. Wink
pen1300 03-17-2005 10:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:

Amazon.com has it for $17.98. Or less at $11.93 from amazon sellers, used & new.

You have to be careful about buying used. There was a slew of them that had bad sound quality so I've been waiting to buy them.

Later,
Pen1300
Veemon 03-17-2005 10:38 PM
Big O is the only thing better than ReBoot. Simple as that. I never got to see Daemon Rising, and I vaguely remember My Two Bobs. Besides those, I have seen every ReBoot thing ever.
R.Smith 03-17-2005 10:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:

You have to be careful about buying used. There was a slew of them that had bad sound quality so I've been waiting to buy them.

Later,
Pen1300

Yes, those DVD's were by a company called "Anchor Bay", they've since fixed that problem, and I believe will still give you a corrected DVD if you ask.

The way to tell if you've got a "dud" is if the voices are lower, then trade it in.