House Of Wax - D V D

Almasy 02-19-2005 04:40 PM
MAY 6 2005

I think this movie looks very scary, interesting, and promising!

I highly suggest watching the trailer—it's very good.




The Website:

http://www.houseofwaxmovie.com/

The Summary:

quote:
A group of friends on their way to a college football game fall prey to a pair of murderous brothers in an abandoned small town. They discover that the brothers have expanded upon the area's main attraction, the House of Wax, and have created an entire town filled with the wax-coated corpses of unlucky visitors. Now the group must find a way out before they too become permanent exhibits in the House of Wax.

The Trailer:

Large

Medium

Small


The Cast:

Elisha Cuthbert

Chad Michael Murray

Brian Van Holt

Paris Hilton

Jared Padalecki

Jon Abrahams

Robert Ri'chard
Zopwx2 02-19-2005 07:14 PM
If it weren't for Ms. Hilton I doubt you'd be endorsing this film.

Cheesy Horror Flick IMO>
Almasy 02-19-2005 10:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
If it weren't for Ms. Hilton I doubt you'd be endorsing this film.

Wrong. But thanks for playing! Try again next time.
StevieV019 02-21-2005 11:51 AM
*chuckle*

I saw the preview while going to see Constantine. Looks interesting. To be honest, I was kinda intrigued, but Im definitely not a fan of Paris Hilton.

Back in the 80's there was a horror movie named Waxwork, which I thought was cool. Because I liked that one, Ill probably see this one, but maybe not in the theaters...
BethMcBeth 02-25-2005 12:43 AM
Haha cool it reminds me of Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in London but gone wrong!! ^_^: lol
Green_Bird 02-25-2005 01:22 AM
Uh....It looks really good but one thing....I'm confused. this movie is named House of Wax, so is an old movie with Vincent Price, and it's sort of the same would this be consittered Alt. Universe story or a remake, or both?

Because in the Vincent Price one his partner in the business of making wax figures for this really well known, English wax museum in I guess the 1800s/ early 1900s, well anyway his partner gets gready and burns the place down to collect on the insurence money. Price's character tries to stop him from burning everything. But it was futile and he ends up getting burned up with the figures and the partner excapes and gets the money. Well to make a long story short, he comes back, and starts to kill people. Then he takes the bodies and turns them into figures. And that's as far as I got.....yeah, I only saw a little over half of it.....But in this one it seems that the people are left alive.....I mean seeing how the eyes were moving I'm just asuming.

Again....It looks good....for AU remake....
The Big Ian 02-25-2005 07:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Uh....It looks really good but one thing....I'm confused. this movie is named House of Wax, so is an old movie with Vincent Price, and it's sort of the same would this be consittered Alt. Universe story or a remake, or both?

Because in the Vincent Price one his partner in the business of making wax figures for this really well known, English wax museum in I guess the 1800s/ early 1900s, well anyway his partner gets gready and burns the place down to collect on the insurence money. Price's character tries to stop him from burning everything. But it was futile and he ends up getting burned up with the figures and the partner excapes and gets the money. Well to make a long story short, he comes back, and starts to kill people. Then he takes the bodies and turns them into figures. And that's as far as I got.....yeah, I only saw a little over half of it.....But in this one it seems that the people are left alive.....I mean seeing how the eyes were moving I'm just asuming.

Again....It looks good....for AU remake....


I don't really know. Basically Dark Castle does mostly remakes, particularly of Price's movies. Some are pretty good....others are not so good. I still love House on Haunted Hill, but if I could manage to glomp on a huge pile of Vincent Price DVDs I would.
Almasy 02-25-2005 07:30 AM
House of Wax (2005) is NOT a remake of the version created in the 50s. It has many similar aspects, but it is extremely different and a lot of the story/scenes have been drastically changed.

If anything, this movie is comparable to one called "Tourist Trap" (though, I've never seen that, myself).
Travis Bickle 02-25-2005 07:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
House of Wax (2005) is NOT a remake of the version created in the 50s. It has many similar aspects, but it is extremely different and a lot of the story/scenes have been drastically changed..


...thus making it a revamped remake of the original.

If I have nothing better to do, I might see it with my friend Leslie..
Almasy 02-25-2005 07:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
House of Wax (2005) is NOT a remake of the version created in the 50s. It has many similar aspects, but it is extremely different and a lot of the story/scenes have been drastically changed..

...thus making it a revamped remake of the original.

If this movie is completely different from the original, except for the fact that wax is involved (which, from what I've researched, is involved in quite a handful of horror movies), then, no, sorry, it is not a remake of the original.

...and I'm fairly certain that I've done a hell of a lot more research on this movie than you.

Loves it.
Travis Bickle 02-25-2005 09:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
House of Wax (2005) is NOT a remake of the version created in the 50s. It has many similar aspects, but it is extremely different and a lot of the story/scenes have been drastically changed..

...thus making it a revamped remake of the original.

If this movie is completely different from the original, except for the fact that wax is involved (which, from what I've researched, is involved in quite a handful of horror movies), then, no, sorry, it is not a remake of the original.

...and I'm fairly certain that I've done a hell of a lot more research on this movie than you.

Loves it.


However, from the way you structure your sentence, it sounded like it was a complete overhaul of the original, while keeping several elements still intact. Next time, Alex, you should be more specific.
Almasy 02-25-2005 10:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
House of Wax (2005) is NOT a remake of the version created in the 50s. It has many similar aspects, but it is extremely different and a lot of the story/scenes have been drastically changed..

...thus making it a revamped remake of the original.

If this movie is completely different from the original, except for the fact that wax is involved (which, from what I've researched, is involved in quite a handful of horror movies), then, no, sorry, it is not a remake of the original.

Next time, Alex, you should be more specific.

Unfortunate as it is, Scott, it's not my job to hold your hand and inform you of every single detail regarding this movie.

I started this thread, and linked to the trailer and official site to get the ball rolling, which is more than enough from my part. So, if you're so intrigued by this film, I suggest that instead of wasting time arguing with me, feel free to do your own research on it. I've already done mine.
Smile
Travis Bickle 02-25-2005 11:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
House of Wax (2005) is NOT a remake of the version created in the 50s. It has many similar aspects, but it is extremely different and a lot of the story/scenes have been drastically changed..

...thus making it a revamped remake of the original.

If this movie is completely different from the original, except for the fact that wax is involved (which, from what I've researched, is involved in quite a handful of horror movies), then, no, sorry, it is not a remake of the original.

Next time, Alex, you should be more specific.

Unfortunate as it is, Scott, it's not my job to hold your hand and inform you of every single detail regarding this movie.

I started this thread, and linked to the trailer and official site to get the ball rolling, which is more than enough from my part. So, if you're so intrigued by this film, I suggest that instead of wasting time arguing with me, feel free to do your own research on it. I've already done mine.
Smile


LOL You're so defensive, (Edt: Link removed due to "invasion of privacy", but my point is clear Smile ).

Yeah, I looked into it. It seems interesting. And, from what I've seen. it has many similarities to the 50's movie. Seems that maybe they took a great number ideas from that...

Loathes it.
AlexRosewater 02-26-2005 02:52 PM
I'm a fan of Horror movies of the next guy but the title is a dead give away of a horrable movie with a cast that can not act and a story that is predictableto the point where I guess every scene in 10 minutes. I'm sorry but I will not be seeing this no offense Almasy.
David Ryder 02-26-2005 09:06 PM
Hmmm premise sounds interesting but not a fan of "horror Movies".
Dude Love 02-26-2005 09:29 PM
When I saw the trailer the first time, all I could think about Ms. Hilton's appearnance as an actress is that she should have chosen this role. All it's going to do is advance her image as a "slut", as she is running around in her bra for what appears to be a good half of the movie.

Other than that, I didn't think it looked too good. Maybe I've been left jaded by many recent horror movies, but this looks horrid. Just people running around and screaming. I really see nothing to be afraid of.
Hienrich Ele 02-26-2005 09:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Other than that, I didn't think it looked too good. Maybe I've been left jaded by many recent horror movies, but this looks horrid. Just people running around and screaming. I really see nothing to be afraid of.



No, you haven't been jaded. It doesn't look to good to me, either. This looks like one of them "Oh my God! Look at that disgusting thing coverd in wax and is all bloody and stuff! BE AFRAID!". Good, quality horror films need to be suspenseful, make you be afraid to watch, and have you covering your eyes because of what's in the movie, not because you just might see some cut up, half-decomposed body.

So, I won't be seeing this one. Just another dull, non-scary 'Horror' movie.

Plus, you know, I think Hilton is about as ugly as they come, so I couldn't stare at her mug for a couple of hours. But that's another story... Tongue
Fujiko 02-27-2005 12:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Other than that, I didn't think it looked too good. Maybe I've been left jaded by many recent horror movies, but this looks horrid. Just people running around and screaming. I really see nothing to be afraid of.


I think i'm on the same boat as you are.

It looks ok, but it's not a scary movie I'd see at the movies.

a bit off topic:
None of the scary movies lately have intrigued me. the last good scary movie I saw was the original texas chainsaw massacre. now that freaked me out.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Grandpa's alive! he's sucking on my finger! holy f*ck!

Yeah, that freaked me out a bit. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Almasy 03-15-2005 09:11 PM
New pictures were posted up at The Official Site today!

Here are some of the main characters:




Elisha Cuthbert / Jared Padalecki



Paris Hilton / Robert Ri'chard



Chad Michael Murray / Paris Hilton



Robert Ri'chard & Paris Hilton / Jon Abrahams
Tickle Tickle 03-15-2005 09:16 PM
Man, Paris acting serious in a movie? I don't like that. I prefer Simple Life Paris! But I guess this movie looks okay. I'll try to see it.