House Of Wax - D V D

Generalissimo D 04-22-2005 08:14 PM
Bah! Not scary! The chick should have retracted her FCUKing finger!
Shaoblane 04-23-2005 10:57 AM
*watches trailer*

*Immediately cleans out ears* ITS ALIVE!!!

Eh, it didn't look to bad. It's not on the top of my must-see list, but it is on the list!
Almasy 04-23-2005 11:29 PM
Men and Women can now purchase their own "See Paris Die" t-shirts from Kitson! Enjoy! ^_^
BethMcBeth 04-24-2005 02:46 AM
Wow thats cool they are even making T-Shirts neat-o I still haven't seen the movie but I hope to soon. ^_^"

-Beth
Almasy 04-24-2005 10:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
Wow thats cool they are even making T-Shirts neat-o I still haven't seen the movie but I hope to soon. ^_^"

The movie doesn't come out until May 6th, so there's still a few weeks to go! ^_^
Generalissimo D 04-24-2005 10:43 AM
Dude! WHAT THE F*** ARE THEY THINKING!?!!!#?!@#!#?!!#?%$!#%@$^#
$48.00 USD FOR A T-SHIRT WITH 10 LETTERS ON IT?! I DOTH SAY HELL NO! I could get someone to make it for me, fedex it here, and have a nice conversation with for about maybe 15 bucks. Big diff.
Gato Gurl914 04-25-2005 11:03 AM
um when the guy is getting sprayed with wax, hes dead right? that would be worse than getting a pole thru the head
Almasy 04-25-2005 11:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rogerlover14
um when the guy is getting sprayed with wax, hes dead right? that would be worse than getting a pole thru the head

I'm pretty sure he's still alive at that point. Not 100% sure, though.
BAM2HIM 04-25-2005 12:38 PM
Hell, i am gonna see this movie. Not just for Ms. HIlton but just cause. I would like to take a chick to see this movie. well cause it is a horror movie and well.........you know
Almasy 04-25-2005 10:29 PM
Here are some reviews of HOUSE OF WAX:

Review #1: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

quote:
So, they cast your new favorite heartthrobs, how'd they do?
  • Chad Michael Murray was easily the best. He starts off as this bad-ass twin brother to Elisha Cuthbert. You think he's a prick, but slowly director Jaume Serra gives us small doses of what he's really like. I believed his character more than any other.
  • Paris Hilton: what more can I say? She played herself. Paris kissed, made out, and stayed behind to drop down to her panties for a little dance just in time to die. Her acting? She forgot to scream; she more or less yelps.
Although the movie's build is slow, the set up is perfect and the end swerve is excellent! The way the story is told, you think the town has inhabitants. Well it turns out that the entire town is the House of Wax! The movie builds and sets everything up perfectly for it's turnaround in Act III. Not only was the set-up really well done, but they did something that most horror films don't do these days—avoid clichés.

Forget the trials and tribulations of a formulaic horror film—was it bloody, was it scary? There is a scene where someone gets their head bashed in with a baseball bat that had me gasping. You'll get plenty of Achilles heels sliced, heads popped open, people waxed alive, fingers cut off and anything else disturbing you can possibly think of! House of Wax found a way to carry that same tone as the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Although the casting was stupid and the pacing off balance, the movie found a way to be quite disturbing and grotesque.

Between the amazing melting wax finale, hefty gore, and interesting story, Warner Brothers and Dark Castle finally have something worthy on their hands. Sure it has its flaws, but the final act really did me in. It was brutal and unforgiving—Jaume Serra (Director) must have said, "I'm a horror fan and I'm going to give these fans what I know they want!"

Review #2: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

quote:
PART ONE: The First Hour:

We are introduced to the characters and find out that they are on a trip to a football game. Do we really need an hour of character development and plot set up? I say no, but I implore you to stick through it for the second half, which is great!

As far as characters go we have the usual suspects:
  • Carly, the princess (Elisha Cuthbert)
  • Wade, the prince (Jared Padalecki)
  • Nick, the bad boy (Chad Michael Murray)
  • Dalton, the buddy (Jon Abrahams)
  • Blake, the dumb jock (Robert Ri'chard)
  • Paige, the skank (Paris Hilton)
The dynamic is there, but we're given too much detail on these characters that we just want to see get skittled by a psychopath—in this case, psycho-twins played extremely well by Brian Van Holt.

The surprise is that Paris Hilton isn't atrocious—in fact she actually does a good job. Elisha Cuthbert is always good, and Chad Michael Murray is very good as the brooding twin brother to Cuthbert. Ri'chard and Abrahams are pretty much cookie-cutter characters, and really, are just there so they can get killed in a horrible ways.

PART TWO: The Second Hour:

Here's where this film shines! Once it's go time, it moves and rarely stops. The kills are great, and there are a couple of wounds that will make you cringe. Sure they make the usual splatter movie missteps—snooping around places they shouldn't and all of that jazz—but the way that people get taken out is well worth the generic situations.
  • The house itself is amazingly creepy (everything is wax, and lets face it, wax dummies are just creepy).
  • I must tell you to prepare yourself for one of the greatest Achilles-tendon hits ever. It hurt just to watch it.
  • Paris Hilton's death sequence is just flat out fun to watch—you find yourself salivating, waiting for the sweet penetration that only a four-foot steel pipe to the face can bring!
  • Brian Van Holt does an amazing job as Bo and Vincent, two different sides of psychotic.
  • Some of the set pieces in this second half are incredible (the machine Vincent uses to coat his victims in wax looks like some kind of medieval torture device).
  • The climax of the film is over the top, but it doesn't hurt the film at all, and the coolness of the finale greatly outweighs any flaw that might come from some overzealous pyro.
However, I feel the faults of this film rest on the shoulders of the writers, Chad & Carey Hayes. There's too much exposition, and there's certain moments that are meant to be symbolic and just come out lame. Though, the director's visual style is apparent, and he does a great job with the direction of the actors and effects.

I give it a 6 out of 10.
Gato Gurl914 04-26-2005 08:41 AM
god, id make him kill me first rather than get hosed with hot wax while strapped to a torture chair.
BAM2HIM 04-26-2005 12:04 PM
Thsi movie is gonna be hella sweet.
Almasy 04-27-2005 06:46 PM
The official Westwood premiere of HOUSE OF WAX took place yesterday, 4/26/2005!

Here are some pictures of some of the main actors at the event:

You can find a lot more pictures from the premier here at Yahoo! ^_^
Avenir 04-27-2005 06:48 PM
Great find, Almasy. I'm awaiting the film debut. Smile
Almasy 04-28-2005 05:00 PM
TWO NEW VIDEO CLIPS

If you go HERE you'll see there are three sections (Trailer, Interview, Film Clip).

Under the "Film Clip" section there are a total of three video clips from the movie, two of which are new (the other one I posted about a few posts back).

The new video clips are titled "You're the guy from the campsite" and "What happened to the music?"

In "You're the guy from the campsite" Elisha Cuthbert's character is confronted by one of the killers!

In "What happened to the music?" you'll find Paris Hilton's stripping scene!

Here are some screen caps from the Paris clip:

Although I didn't take screen caps of the clip where Elisha encounters the killer and tries to drive away in his car, it's definitely worth checking out as well! ^_^
Avenir 04-28-2005 06:03 PM
Interesting clips, and the film isn't too far from debut now. Smile

Impeccable coverage on the film thus far, Almasy. You've certainly put a deal of effort into doing so. Smile
Travis Bickle 04-28-2005 06:12 PM
You can also find the same clips at http://www.myspace.com/houseofwax, as well as the entire soundtrack available to stream and listen to. I think you might need to be a member in order to listen to it, but it's worth it.

I take back what I said before. It was a decent horror movie Smile
Almasy 04-30-2005 08:01 AM
There are now a total of six video clips up at yahoo!

You can find them HERE! ^_^
Avenir 04-30-2005 02:59 PM
Interesting clips, Almasy. Now the film is less than a week from it's theatrical release; I look forward to viewing it. Smile
Almasy 04-30-2005 11:50 PM
It doesn't exactly relate to the movie, but I thought it would be the best place to post this! ^_^

quote:
HOUSE OF WAX star Paris Hilton is the latest celebrity to become a full sized waxwork at the Madame Tussaud's museum chain. Her figure will be unveiled at The New York branch of the museum, at a ceremony to be attended by the cast of HOUSE OF WAX before the release of the movie on May 6.

Though Paris is elated at the prospect of having the waxwork displayed at the world famous venue, she regrets the fact that due to her forgetfulness, her pet pooch Tinkerbell will not be cast aside her.

"I didn't bring Tinkerbell to the thing where they take pictures of you. They wanted to make her too, but I forgot to take her," explains Hilton.

Though Hilton has not yet seen her wax figure, she nevertheless seems to be extremely happy with the honor.

"I think it's pretty cool," she added.