House Of Wax - D V D

Almasy 03-16-2005 11:07 AM
Here are some "Behind The Scenes" / "On-The-Set" pictures:

Click To View Full Size:

Almasy 03-31-2005 07:42 PM
In case anyone's interested...

Tonight, Thursday, 3/31/05 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV, premiers the first episode in the documentary-type series "Movie Life: House of Wax"! ^_^

quote:
About: As four young actors venture off to film a horror movie in Australia, the cameras of MTV's "Movie Life" tag along for one hell of a ride. Chad Michael Murray ("One Tree Hill"), Paris Hilton ("The Simple Life"), Elisha Cuthbert ("24") and Jared Padalecki ("Gilmore Girls") make up the cast for veteran producer Joel Silver's new horror movie. Based on the 1953 Warner Bros. classic, "House of Wax" is about a group of friends who struggle for their lives as they fall prey to a pair of murderous brothers. And that's just the movie. The "Movie Life" show takes "behind the scenes" even further by documenting the fun and chaos that occurs in a young actor's life — after all, it's not always about what happens between "action" and "cut."

Exclusive Footage From The Show: http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/movielife/videos.jhtml

Movie Life: House of Wax" MTV Website: http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/movielife/series.jhtml
Gummibear 04-01-2005 03:49 PM
It diffenately looks like a fun movie I could go see with my friends. Even though I've never seen Jared Padalecki act I have to say... he's very cute...so is Chad Michael Murray! ( Eye candy!) Big Grin Wink
Almasy 04-03-2005 03:12 AM
The official site (http://www.houseofwaxmovie.com) has recently put up the official synopsis for the movie:

quote:
What begins as a weekend getaway for six friends becomes a terrifying fight for their lives in HOUSE OF WAX, an exciting re-imagining of the 1953 horror classic from Dark Castle Entertainment and producers Joel Silver and Robert Zemeckis.

A road trip to the biggest college football championship of the year takes a turn for the worse for Carly (ELISHA CUTHBERT), Paige (PARIS HILTON) and their friends when they decide to camp out for the night before heading to the game. A confrontation with a mysterious trucker at the camp site leaves everyone unsettled, and Carly has her hands full trying to keep the peace between her boyfriend Wade (JARED PADALECKI) and her hot-headed brother Nick (CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY).

They wake up the next morning to find that their car has been deliberately tampered with. At the risk of being stranded, they accept a local’s invitation for a ride into Ambrose, the only town for miles. Once there, they are drawn to Ambrose’s main attraction—Trudy’s House of Wax, which is filled with remarkably life-like wax sculptures. But as they soon discover, there is a shocking reason the exhibits look so real.

As the friends uncover the town’s dark secrets, they are stalked by a demented killer and find themselves in a bloody battle for survival. The group must find a way out of Ambrose—or become permanent additions to the HOUSE OF WAX.
Captain Maw 04-10-2005 09:48 PM
hahaha, The House of Wax is showing in my high school. hahah, it's the first major motion picture that's being shown in our auditorium. it's at Stuyvesant High School. the ticket is 10 bucks or something like that...
088nd 04-10-2005 10:04 PM
Elisha Cuthbert?

Drooling

So freaking hot.
Almasy 04-10-2005 10:18 PM
SPOILERS - THESE HAVE ALL BEEN CONFIRMED

Minor Spoiler
spoiler (highlight to read):
1. Paris Hilton's & Robert Ri'chard's characters (Paige & Blake) are girlfriend/boyfriend.
(Source: Official Promo Pictures; ET! House of Wax Special; Official Trailer)

Major Spoiler
2. Robert Ri'chard's character (Blake) dies.
(Source: ET! House of Wax Special)

Minor Spoiler
3. Elisha Cuthbert's & Chad Michael Murray's characters (Carly & Nick) are sister/brother.
(Sources: Official Site; IMDB Cast/Character Listing)

Major Spoiler
4. Paris Hilton's character (Paige) dies.
(Sources: Paris' Book, "Confessions of an Heiress"; MTV's Spring Break 05; MTV's Movie Life)

Minor Spoiler
5. Elisha Cuthbert's & Jared Padalecki's characters (Carly & Wade) are girlfriend/boyfriend.
(Sources: Official Site; MTV's Movie Life)

Major Spoiler
6. Jared Padalecki's character (Wade) is the one who gets sprayed with hot wax while strapped into the metal chair/contraption from trailer.
(Source: MTV's Movie Life)

Minor Spoiler
7. In the movie, Paris Hilton's character (Paige) is very nervous about possibly being pregnant.
(Sources: MTV's Movie Life; MTV Online Interview w/ Paris)

Major Spoiler
8. Before shooting, Paris Hilton was fitted for a fake head.
(Source: Paris' Book, "Confessions of an Heiress")

Minor Spoiler
9. Before shooting, a mold of Elisha Cuthbert's back was made.
(Source: MTV's Movie Life)
Almasy 04-12-2005 05:08 PM
You can now enter the FLASH website via http://www.houseofwaxmovie.com! ^_^

You can also enter to win contests, as well as download things for your iPod to listen to Paris Hilton and Chad Michael Murray count-down to opening day, May 6th.
Generalissimo D 04-12-2005 05:46 PM
Hrm....I am now severely tempted to go see this movie....The prospect of Hilton dying is far too overwhelming....I just hope its gruesome enough.

(I'm somewhat sorry for this, but my paranoia is getting overwhelming. you arent, by any chance, paid to plug this movie right?)
Almasy 04-12-2005 06:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigOZ
Hrm....I am now severely tempted to go see this movie....The prospect of Hilton dying is far too overwhelming....I just hope its gruesome enough.

Judging from the trailers and rumors, Paris seems to have a big chase scene. The chase scene starts off in the woods, where she stumbles across her dead boyfriends body, and then the killer proceeds to chase Paris into what appears to be an abandoned car lot.

Somewhere along the way, it's been said that Paris gets stabbed through the foot (most likely from below through a grate in the floor, as seen in the trailer). Then, after a little bit more chasing, the killer hurls a large, metal pole at Paris which goes straight through her forehead (this can also be seen near the very end of the trailer, minus the gore, obviously). As stated in one of my posts above, before shooting, Paris was fitted for a fake head.

I think that's a pretty gruesome way to go...^_^;

EDIT: Link to trailer can be found on page one.
Generalissimo D 04-12-2005 06:08 PM
DUDE! DUDE! DUDE!

AWESOME! I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO SNEAK IN LIKE JAMES BOND! I WILL SEE THIS MOO-VEH!
Almasy 04-16-2005 11:10 AM
You can now listen to a bunch of the tracks on the House Of Wax Soundtrack at: http://www.maverick.com/houseofwax/ (Click 'LISTEN' at the top of the page)

Here is a listing of all the tracks on the soundtrack:

01. The Prodigy - Spitfire
02. My Chemical Romance - I Never Told You What I Do For A Living
03. Deftones - Minerva
04. Stutterfly - Gun In Hand
05. Disturbed - Prayer
06. bloodsimple - Path To Prevail
07. Marilyn Manson - Dried Up, Tied and Dead To The World
08. The Stooges - Dirt
09. The Von Bondies - Not That Social
10. Har Mar Superstar - Cut Me Up
11. Joy Division - New Dawn Fades
12. Dark new Day - Taking Me Alive
Travis Bickle 04-16-2005 07:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy

What is an old yet amazing song like that doing on a soundtrack like that? Confused
Captain Maw 04-16-2005 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy

What is an old yet amazing song like that doing on a soundtrack like that? Confused

well, in House of Wax (never saw it, so if i'm wrong. w/e), they must've dried and tied the dead bodies. thus the world viewed them as dead, dry, and tied.
Almasy 04-20-2005 03:13 PM
Some *new* production pictures were put up on yahoo today:

Almasy 04-21-2005 04:08 PM
An advanced screening of HOUSE OF WAX will be shown on April 30th at midnight for $25 at the Tribeca Film Festival! ^_^
Travis Bickle 04-21-2005 04:44 PM
Friends of mine on the floor above me have somehow "acquired" the film and burnt it onto a dvd. We're going to watch it sometime this weekend. I'll give this movie a fair shot.
Generalissimo D 04-21-2005 04:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
Friends of mine on the floor above me have somehow "acquired" the film and burnt it onto a dvd. We're going to watch it sometime this weekend. I'll give this movie a fair shot.

Excellent. Thats how I saw part of Shaun of the Dead and all of Elf.
Almasy 04-22-2005 04:02 PM
A 1 minute and 8 second video clip from the actual movie is now available to be viewed!

You can find the video clip HERE!

All I have to say is, the end of the clip is very freaky! *shudder*
Avenir 04-22-2005 08:05 PM
Yikes, that was frightening. I'm still trembling. Neutral

Nevertheless, I intend to see House of Wax. Thanks for all the information, Almasy. Smile