Big O, Duo & Fau. Full Action Figures!!

Collateral 06-30-2005 10:25 PM
Those look so neat! I want them!
R.Smith 09-07-2005 01:45 PM
Well, it's been a while since anyone found out anythig about the status of these figures..... Frown

Does anyone want to email MaxFactory and see what the heck is up? Confused

I'll do it if you guys want though.
Krang 09-08-2005 10:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Well, it's been a while since anyone found out anythig about the status of these figures..... Frown

Does anyone want to email MaxFactory and see what the heck is up? Confused

I'll do it if you guys want though.

Eventually, I'd like to try to send an email to them in Japanese about the figures, but I'll wait until there is a more definite release date (if there is one, that is...). I would like to see a status update, but since it seems like there aren't too many others who are interested, maybe you could send the email.
<\:/> 09-15-2005 04:25 PM
According to the Babelfish translation the figures were supposed to be released in spring of 2005. This leads me to the conclusion that without an email from interested parties they may never update us about these things. It would be a terrible shame to let such beautiful things go unproduced Frown

What kind of things did you want in this email? Something like "Hi, my name is whoever, and I'm one of many fans of the 'Big O' series who are looking forward to purchasing the models of 'The Big O', 'Big Duo', and 'Big Fau' which your website claims were to be released in Spring of 2005. I was wondering if there was a specific date to which that release has been changed or at least a time-frame in which you are expecting th release to occer. Thank you for your time." should be sufficient don't you think? Or is there more than needs to be said?
Krang 09-16-2005 01:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by <\:/>
What kind of things did you want in this email? Something like "Hi, my name is whoever, and I'm one of many fans of the 'Big O' series who are looking forward to purchasing the models of 'The Big O', 'Big Duo', and 'Big Fau' which your website claims were to be released in Spring of 2005. I was wondering if there was a specific date to which that release has been changed or at least a time-frame in which you are expecting th release to occer. Thank you for your time." should be sufficient don't you think? Or is there more than needs to be said?

Yes, that sounds like exactly what we're looking for, since we just need a status update for now. Now we just need someone to send it and report back when they receive a response (I'd be willing to if nobody else is interested).

BTW, welcome back! Smile
<\:/> 09-16-2005 08:58 AM
If it is necessary that the email be written in Japanese then I would have to have it translated for me before I sent it. And the reply would also have to be translated after I recieved it. I would be more than willing to send it but I don't trust online translators for that kind of thing and I don't know anyone who is fluent enough in Japanese to do the translation for me. So I guess it looks like it may be up to you Krang. I'd be all over it if I had any kind of Japanese speaking skills whatsoever.

BTW, Thanks!
Krang 09-22-2005 02:14 AM
Ok, I sent them an email in Japanese, and today I received a reply (which used very polite Japanese, BTW). Here is the translated version:

quote:
Krang,

As always, thank you very much for your patronage at Max Factory.

As for your inquiry about Big O, the sale has been postponed, and the release date is currently undecided. Although we are looking forward to it, I'm very sorry, but please wait a little while for now.
R.Smith 09-22-2005 03:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Ok, I sent them an email in Japanese, and today I received a reply (which used very polite Japanese, BTW). Here is the translated version:

quote:
Krang,

As always, thank you very much for your patronage at Max Factory.

As for your inquiry about Big O, the sale has been postponed, and the release date is currently undecided. Although we are looking forward to it, I'm very sorry, but please wait a little while for now.

Hmmm, well at least it's not a "We are sorry, the figures have been canceled", reply. Smile

Hmm, I guess we'll see if they say anything around..... oh.... March '06?

Thanks for sending them an email Krang, nice to know they were very polite with the response. Big Grin
Zopwx2 09-22-2005 06:31 AM
I will definately buy them when they come out..... whever they do.
<\:/> 09-23-2005 08:52 AM
That's excellent! At least now they've been reminded that there's a demand for 'em and maybe that will somehow weigh on their decission to actually release these guys. Admittedly, one email is generally not enough to convince a company to realease a product line (well, depending on how influential of a person that email came from) but... you never know. We should really all send these guys an email but there appears to be only one here who knows Japanese and has an interest to do so.

But yea, at least they didn't say "NEVER, YOU AMERICAN PHLEGM PISTOL!" which I would take as a much more negative sign.
Spacehog 09-26-2005 12:00 PM
What about price? Do we have any idea about how much they will cost?
Krang 09-26-2005 11:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Spacehog
What about price? Do we have any idea about how much they will cost?

That's one of the things I wanted to ask, but since they don't even have a release date yet, they probably haven't finalized the price either. My guess is that the figures will not be cheap...
Snipcod 01-08-2006 12:47 AM
Its been some time sence ive looked at these. I was wondering if any ones made head way in finding out how to get them. Im watching the DVDs again and im starting to love big O all over again.
<\:/> 03-31-2006 01:49 PM
It's been a while since we've had any news on these puppies and I think we should get some follow-up action going! Fearful as I may be, I think I'm going to stare embarrassing disaster in the face and cram a very simple message through an online translator and ship it off. We should at least remind the company the Big O fans are still out there waiting impatiently with credit card in hand to feed them all our money in exchange for miniature versions of our favorite giant robots! Big Grin
Krang 03-31-2006 10:14 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. Be sure to use a good quality translator such as an Amikai-based one (here's an example) rather than Altavista. You might also want to include the English text so that they are more likely to send you an English response (and in case the translator messes up on a word or two).
Darkside 03-31-2006 11:02 PM
These guys look a lot like the Kaiyodo Revoltech figures that are coming out (well the skeletons anyways) . I'm wondering if they'd do Big Inferno or Big venus as well?
Big Jauln 04-01-2006 12:36 AM
All I can say is that I am post crazy today! Anyway those figures are really,really cool. I'll try to collect them all, and I mean all of them.(If I have enough money.)
SEELE 08 04-02-2006 09:05 PM
I NEED an Big Fau action figure. It's like one of my favorite mecha. EVAR.
ScionofDestiny 04-03-2006 09:32 AM
HMM - I saw one of these on ebay the other day, but I had to sell my soul to see it - just kidding. It was really, really hard to find though.
R.Smith 08-19-2006 09:42 PM
Well it's been quite sometime.....

I wonder if we'll ever see these out. Frown