Release Dates for Big O Season 1 and 2 DVDs!

Shredder 09-13-2003 02:24 AM
Great news for everyone collecting the Big O series on DVD (and I'm sure that's just about all of us Wink ), here are the official dates for upcoming Big O releases:
-September 16: Big O Season 1 DVD set: If you don't already own the first season on DVD, (or if you're new to Big O) here's your chance to buy the entire 4 disc set for a great price!
-December 2: Big O Season 2 DVD #1: We'll soon get the chance to own DVD-quality Season 2 episodes! The first volume (called "Paradigm Lost") contains Episodes 14 (Roger the Wanderer), 15 (Negotiation with the Dead), 16 (Day of the Advent), and 17 (Leviathan). Time to get those preorders in!

News Source: Right Stuf
Jonny Axehandle 09-13-2003 11:10 PM
Allright! Big Grin
Quint 09-14-2003 09:35 PM
Just bought it 2 days ago at best buy. Strange i was going there fore the Cowboy Bebop movie. There it was in all its glory the complete season 1 of Big O. I was like jeus christ i thought it was coming out the 16, but they hade a hole stock that came in, so god loves me.
Sharpshooter005 09-14-2003 10:28 PM
Ok. How many episodes per dvd, and is it only available as a box set. Those are my two questions.
Quint 09-15-2003 02:09 PM
4 dvds the first one has 4 episodes the next 3 have 3 episodes on each.
I only saw the box set.
John 09-15-2003 11:21 PM
Man I saw the cover for "Paradigm Lost". It is weird and cool. Go to paradigmcity.com for a pic of it. This site is now more than a poster full of spoiler pics. That poster isn't even there anymore (thankfully) Apparently it's the official Big O website here in America (an extremely crappy one if you ask me, there's barely anything on it).
Shady Dark Lady 09-16-2003 01:12 PM
I just got my Big O Dvd Set. There are 4 dvds with Acts 1-13.
Disc 1 has Roger the Negoiator,
Dorothy, Dorothy
Electric City
Underground Terror

Disc 2 Bring back my ghost
A Legacy of Amadeus
The call from the past

Disc 3 Missing Cat
Beck is back
Winter Night Phantom

Disc 4 Daemonseed
Enemy is another Big
R.D.
Hope that helps you out
geotroid 09-18-2003 11:29 PM
Hello all - I'm relatively new to Big O, and I want to purchase the new Season One Box Set. However, I'd like to know one important aspect first - namely, are the English voice actors in the new box set the SAME as the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim production?
John 09-18-2003 11:31 PM
Yes they are geotroid... a good dub isn't it?... Man I have to wait so long to get "Paradigm Lost"...
geotroid 09-19-2003 09:36 AM
Awesome! Thanks, John. I know what my credit card is going to eat today. . .

Oh, I forgot to ask - is the English dubbing on the non-box set US DVD's the same as the new box set?
Just curious. . .

I'm still getting used to this message board - can somebody please instruct me how to properly attach an avatar under my user ID?

So many questions. . .
Kairi 09-19-2003 10:29 AM
Of course, man. I've never heard of an anime being redubbed for a Box Set. That wouldn't make sense, and it would cost a lot, too. It's all the same, so no worries.

As for the avatar, save a picture that's below 100x100 pixels in jpg, gif, or png format, then upload it via the option in your user control panel. It really isn't that hard.
geotroid 09-19-2003 05:46 PM
Aha.Got the avatar working correctly now. Thanks Kalisto.

As for multi-variation (language) DVD sets - well, some guy in my senior english seminar gave me some incorrect information. Now that I've investigated it, I can prove him wrong on Tuesday! Thanks again. . .

Different english voice-overs have happened in the past - think Gatchaman, which had three different US releases in Battle of the Planets, G-Force, and Eagle Riders. And old Bruce Lee movies, etc. Of course, these examples happened well before the advent of the superior production given to multinational DVD releases (which DVD technology itself has made possible).
Onyxblaze360 10-21-2003 02:15 PM
Man, I just ordered the season 1 collectors edition, and I really wanna get Vol. 1 of season two, but good lord it's gonna set me back some much comparitively. Does anyone know if or when a complete second season set is due out, poverty kinda mandates that I post this assinine reply, so I apologize in advance. Anything anyone can do to clarify this matter/get me rich quick would be greatly appreciated.
Onyxblaze360 10-24-2003 11:07 PM
anyone?
John 10-24-2003 11:20 PM
Sorry... no release dates for any new Big O DVD besides "Paradigm Lost" (which contains the first four episodes of season two, "Roger the Wanderer", "Negotiations with the Dead", "Day of the Advent", and "Leviathan") have been released. There will definitely be 3 other season 2 DVD's, and probably a box set, but that will most likely be pretty far off in the future. I'm afraid that you'll probably have to settle for the four seperate DVD's, even though they are quite pricey.