Episode 14 Discussion: "Destruction's Right Hand"

Hobodoken 02-12-2005 10:17 PM
Apparently Adult swim has changed the schedual, with FMA starting half an hour earlier, and seeing as no topic has been made yet, here we go.
nathjan 02-12-2005 10:20 PM
Thanks Hobodoken, i was just about to make one if you hadn't.
dominusofdeath 02-12-2005 10:56 PM
Like OMG! The Iron Blood Alchemist! Is like.......dead.........................That was a bitchin episode!
Shredder 02-12-2005 11:02 PM
Thanks for starting this, Hobodoken, I didn't know about the time change. It was a good episode, except Basque Gran's murder by Scar was heavily edited and more graphic in the original.
angelcakes 02-12-2005 11:02 PM
That. Was. Amazing! Big Grin

I love how Al was so mature and composed. I also love the fact Ed realized that he's grown up. He's right to. He has grown up.

That guy with the X on his forehead is scary Shocked He's after Ed now...this can't be good.

Can't wait till next week's episode.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Poor Ishbal Crying

Seems the ending sequence has changed (and AS shortened even more...Sweatdrop ) Anyone know the name?
Krang 02-12-2005 11:09 PM
I'm glad you started this thread, Hobodoken, since I would have missed the episode otherwise. I wish AS would do a better job of notifying people of schedule changes... Roll Eyes Anyway, I liked this episode, and we finally see the debut of Alex Louis Armstrong! Laughing

quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
Basque Gran's murder by Scar was heavily edited and more graphic in the original.

Yes, and if anyone is interested in seeing a video clip of the unedited version, let me know and I can post it.

quote:
Originally posted by angelcakes
Seems the ending sequence has changed (and AS shortened even more...Sweatdrop ) Anyone know the name?

The song is "Tobira no Mukou e" by Yellow Generation.
nathjan 02-12-2005 11:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

Yes, and if anyone is interested in seeing a video clip of the unedited version, let me know and I can post it.

post it plz, Krang
dominusofdeath 02-12-2005 11:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nathjan
quote:

post it plz, Krang

What he said!
Wingnut 02-12-2005 11:38 PM
Frak! They switched the schedule and no one told me? Shoot, now I have to wait until thursday to catch it. Assumeing that they are still showing it on Thursday that is.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot that they show things twice in a row on the same night.
nathjan 02-12-2005 11:40 PM
yeah its still on thursday at the same time, so you still have a chance to see it.
Travis Bickle 02-12-2005 11:49 PM
Meh...I've got all the fansubbed FMA episodes on my pc now, so I really have no use for watching the dubbed version. However, after I'm done reading, I'll take a peek at it @ 2:30.
Green_Bird 02-12-2005 11:57 PM
Pretty good episode, as usual. But it did feel edited to me....I thought they stopped doing that? Besides, they left that GitS episode uncut, so why couldn't they do it with this one with a warning like they did with that one?
Big Waddle Inferno 02-13-2005 12:06 AM
Lame edit.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Basque Grand's death is much more gruesome in the original version.
Best part of that entire episode and possibly the coolest death in the entire series.
Krang 02-13-2005 12:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
quote:
post it plz, Krang

What he said!

Ok, here is the uncut scene.

Disclaimer: Remember, this scene was cut from AS, so view at your own risk.

http://www.16bit.net/misc/fma/bgdeath.avi
dominusofdeath 02-13-2005 12:30 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
quote:
post it plz, Krang

What he said!

Ok, here is the uncut scene.

Wow...........................That was...................neat I guess......
I liked the Basque. I dont know why. So am sad and angered by his death. I just hope Armstrong don't die. Armstrong rocks!
Wingnut 02-13-2005 02:32 AM
Well I just saw it myself.
Shining finger from hell is what I say. Head explodey has got to be painful.
That instrument of God thing is nothing but an excuse that Scar uses to justify his killing.
nathjan 02-13-2005 02:55 AM
hehe that was pretty cool, looks like Roy might be moving up in the ranks soon, if Scar keeps this up.
Travis Bickle 02-13-2005 03:24 AM
It was pretty interesting. Scar seems pretty cool.

As I started watching it, the drunk people (my friends, of course) came in, sat down, made Ramen, and started watching along with me. Good stuff.
Tickle Tickle 02-13-2005 09:36 AM
quote:

...Ow.

I knew something was cut from there, I wish FUNI did a better job, the cut was sloppy.
Zopwx2 02-13-2005 12:56 PM
This was an interesting episode, they pretty much expanded upon everything they had already shown or hinted about.

The alchemist killer, the 3rd sin, marco and red.... stuff.

The strong arm alchemist was pretty darn cool too.

I guess I just have to wait and see where the show goes from here...