Farewell Arthur Miller

Ace of Spades 02-11-2005 07:32 PM
Yes its true. The master of the works such as Death of a Salesman and The Crucible has died. I just heard this on CNN just now so I don't have all the info.
Hienrich Ele 02-11-2005 07:51 PM
Woah. Talk about be careful what you wish for...

Let's just say I didn't have much love for the required reading of "The Crucible".

At least the authors of "Huckleberry Fiin", "Their Eyes Were Watching God", and "The Scarlet Letter" are already dead...

Never read the "Death Of A Salesman" though.
Lady Tesser 02-11-2005 07:56 PM
*takes off Pilgrim cap from performance in 'The Crucible', and bows head in silence*

Bloody genius ...
Mugiwara Luffy 02-11-2005 08:51 PM
Weird...we just read "The Crucible" this year in English. I thought it was pretty good and I guess Arthur Miller was a decent writer.
Travis Bickle 02-11-2005 09:33 PM
What a great writer. I'll really miss him.
A Clockwork Tomato 02-11-2005 11:01 PM
He was still alive?

I was the stage manager for a production of "Death of a Salesman." Miller wanted to show that you could do a compelling tragedy that centered around the death of a low-born jerk, instead of the usual high-born jerk. He was wrong.

The audience stayed away in droves, which shows that people are smarter than they're given credit for.
BigO-SHOWTIME 02-12-2005 12:17 PM
Death of a Salesman was one of my favorite works. The movie with Dustin Hoffman was great too. RIP Arthur Miller
AndroidZeroX 02-14-2005 05:27 PM
if im not mistaken he wrote the Crucible which i had to read for summer reading, adn i didnt particularly enjoy reading it, but it was still a far better book/play then i could have ever written
Sephiroth 02-14-2005 09:45 PM
Farewell to a great writer. He wasn't exactly my favorite writer, as the Crucible isn't one of my top ten reads, but he was not the worst at all. I don't deny that he was good, I simply didn't enjoy his work too much. But hey, he was married to Marilyn Monroe so thats got to say something about how great a writer he was. (if you don't understand this, look at who Marilyn Monroe had relationships with, note what they have in common, and you'll see why that makes sense.) Anywho, good bye Arthur Miller, the world has lost a great writer.
Fujiko 02-14-2005 10:25 PM
I didn't even know he was still alive Oh Well

I liked the crucible, at least it was better than some other stuff I read in high school. Much credit to Miller. RIP
Jonny Axehandle 02-15-2005 06:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
Weird...we just read "The Crucible" this year in English. I thought it was pretty good and I guess Arthur Miller was a decent writer.

Same here. I loved that book. My class is watching the movie today.
BethMcBeth 02-15-2005 11:36 PM
Thats sort of sad although I never did enjoy reading "The Crucible" may he rest in peace.